BA vs. MBA

BAEagleFootball

Congrats to the Eagles - good skill poistions, hard hitters.

Fitz Lassing just wows me more and more each week, He is all over the field on O and D, and he had a laser spiral punt that went 60 yards in the air tonight. He may be MBA's best all-round player this decade.

I'm not even going to try to guess the brackets until this time next week.

What was your take on the kicking game, RRR? I have not been able to keep up with MBA so much this year, but I did remember your kicker as being spectacular in years past. Did he have an off night? Is he a senior this year?

Capable of great things, but inconsistent. He's cursed with having such a great sophomore year on such a great team, and he's just never really achieved on that level since. In fairness, neither has his surrounding cast. One of his misses tonight was close, the other into what looked to be a pretty stiff wind.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Eagles - good skill poistions, hard hitters.

Fitz Lassing just wows me more and more each week, He is all over the field on O and D, and he had a laser spiral punt that went 60 yards in the air tonight. He may be MBA's best all-round player this decade.

I'm not even going to try to guess the brackets until this time next week.

What was your take on the kicking game, RRR? I have not been able to keep up with MBA so much this year, but I did remember your kicker as being spectacular in years past. Did he have an off night? Is he a senior this year?

Capable of great things, but inconsistent. He's cursed with having such a great sophomore year on such a great team, and he's just never really achieved on that level since. In fairness, neither has his surrounding cast. One of his misses tonight was close, the other into what looked to be a pretty stiff wind.

That's too bad.... So, is he a senior this year then?

MBA is having a off year. But it will be temporary. They should turn that program around in a few years.

Fitz Lassing should be in the running for DII player of the year. He carries that team on both sides of the ball.

BA should have put up 12 more points with a missed FG, 2 extra pts, and throttled back the last drive to run clock out. BA played with more enthusiam and had better athletes.

BA RB, Caro is a spark plug for this team and should run the ball 30 times a game.

BA seems to be hitting their stride as playoffs near.

They should be fired up to beat Coach Potter's old school, McCallie next week.

MBA is having a off year. But it will be temporary. They should turn that program around in a few years.

Fitz Lassing should be in the running for DII player of the year. He carries that team on both sides of the ball.

BA should have put up 12 more points with a missed FG, 2 extra pts, and throttled back the last drive to run clock out. BA played with more enthusiam and had better athletes.

BA RB, Caro is a spark plug for this team and should run the ball 30 times a game.

BA seems to be hitting their stride as playoffs near.

They should be fired up to beat Coach Potter's old school, McCallie next week.

I have only seen Fitz Lassing play once when it was against Baylor. I was extremely impressed with him and everytime he was involved in a play....it was positive. He is one of the best all around players I have also seen this year. Is he a senior?

• 3 weeks later...

Can MBA shut out the emotional win against EHS and focus on BA??

Can BA come out and play to their potential agianst a familiar foe that usually has the upper hand in the playoffs??

I see it as a closer game than the regular season.

Who would have thought that the #3 seed would play the #4 seed for a chance to play in Cookville on a week night in front of 2000 fans.

I feel Ensworth overlooked MBA, hey i overlooked MBA and expected a game with Ensworth this week. But when we heard about MBA beating Ensworth, we cheered. Not that we think MBA is a push over oppenent, it is that, well to state the unfortunate and immature truth, we really really dont like MBA. I visited both BA and MBA in preparing to choose my middle school and high school education, and they both flat out told me that they did not like each other (one school was a little more explicit than the other). we itch at the oppurtunity to exact revenge for the past two years. expect to see both teams to come out and give it their heart, mind, and body. Emotion lasts for 4 plays at most, then it comes down to who has prepared more.

Physically, i give the advantage to BA (i am trying not to be partial, Lassing is a monster and hits like a train, i should know from first hand experience, BA has too much speed)

prediction-BA=28

MBA=16 (1 touchdown, 3 FG's)

I think its fair to throw out the previous meeting this year (check out what happened in '02 and '03). Secondly, who of us would have said MBA would have beaten ensworth? Not many. Now consider that BA could be one of the fastest teams in the state, and MBA has a porous run defense. However, it seems that a quarterback change has sparked life in the MBA offense. Lassing is monster. If MBA keeps the turnovers low, and the groundgame solid then it could go either way. In past years teams could make BA's qb beat them with his arm, but i believe this could be the first year he can. Eight men in the box is not an option against BA anymore. If i was MBA would pressure Nelson and contain contain contain. On the other hand, BA needs to get to the outside with their backs and live on the edge, literally. With defense BA should keep eight men close to the line and stuff their run.

Prediction- BA: 24 MBA: 20

The MBA defense just did a pretty good job against the best rushing offense in the division, but they have been inconsistent, so it'll depend on which defense shows up. I think some key injuries have contributed to the inconsistency, but injuries are part of the game. I thought the MBA D did a good job in the first match-up for the most part, but there were 2 or 3 big plays that really won the game for BA. Should be a great game on Friday. I hope the Big Red comes out like they did last week.

The MBA defense just did a pretty good job against the best rushing offense in the division, but they have been inconsistent, so it'll depend on which defense shows up. I think some key injuries have contributed to the inconsistency, but injuries are part of the game. I thought the MBA D did a good job in the first match-up for the most part, but there were 2 or 3 big plays that really won the game for BA. Should be a great game on Friday. I hope the Big Red comes out like they did last week.

MBA's defense did a great job against a very high powered rushing offense. Despite this, I predict that BA will get their points. The thing that makes things close is MBA's improved and, no doubt, still improving quarterback play to go with their already good rushing game. I think it is pretty certain that MBA will score more points than last time.