District 11AA

oakwood

How can both teams be mediocre if one got drilled? Either one team is mediocre and the other team is bad or one team is mediocre and the other is pretty good. One is 0-4 and one is 5-0 (I think). I am not trying to be a jerk. I just don't think that statement was very accurate. I am not sold on Sycamore yet. They appear to be very undersized.

I wonder how much the reclassification had to do with the level of hype for this game. Or is it that people don't get up for hoops til after Christmas? Idk, I wasnt there but if it was as bad as you say, that is disappointing.

I just don't see either team making that much noise in the post season if they perform the way they did Tuesday night. To me that's mediocre or ................average would be a more PC term I guess. Teams of the same caliber can beat the tar out of each other on a given night. Happens all the time. The disparity in points was because Harpeth played awful. They didn't execute their offense, they didn't talk on defense, they forced shots and they made alot of unforced errors. Sycamore made their shots, sure. They shot a lot of layups and uncontested 3's. Any other Harpeth or Sycamore team from the last 5 years beats the daylights out of either of the teams that I saw Tuesday night. The good thing is it's December 1 instead of February 1. They'll get better.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious with that argument? What is your definition of a bad team? To me, a team that doesn't execute on offense, talk on defense, take care of the ball and take good shots, while giving up layups and uncontested 3's is a bad team. Am I missing something? Good teams shoot a high percentage, force teams into bad shots and turnovers on defense. I am pretty sure niether team has a D1 prospect on their roster as they have in the past but that doesn't mean they can't be a quality team. :D

whoever is talking about Cheatem being any good is insane! They are the second worst team i have seen all year besides, Jo Byrns which should not even count. Cheatem got beat to an average Greenbrier team 70-33. They are trash, they will not finish in the top half of the district and Creekwood will beat them by 50!

If Sycamore forced all those things to happen last Tuesday night, then I tip my hat to them. They'll probably go to state.

I thought you weren't at the game? On what do you base your opinion?

I wasn't. I am just saying your argument doesnt make any sense. I am basing my opinion on years of watching basketball. Bad teams don't do the little things that good teams do to win. (talking on D, taking/ making good shots, taking care of the ball, etc) Maybe it was coincidence, but I doubt it. I also doubt Sycamore is going anywhere close to state. I have seen both teams play. I just don't think Harpeth is very good. Sycamore will win alot of games because of how hard they consistently play defensively.

Are you serious with that argument? What is your definition of a bad team? To me, a team that doesn't execute on offense, talk on defense, take care of the ball and take good shots, while giving up layups and uncontested 3's is a bad team. Am I missing something? Good teams shoot a high percentage, force teams into bad shots and turnovers on defense. I am pretty sure niether team has a D1 prospect on their roster as they have in the past but that doesn't mean they can't be a quality team. :thumb:[/quote

Reading most of posts on coacht; it’s apparent you are a little arrogant and probably young. Or you just like to put down high school players and their respective teams.

According to a post on another thread you said you were a teacher and coach. May I ask what team you coach? Maybe we can all take some jabs at your team.

Harpeth will get a “W” tonight. Look for them to be in the thick of things by the end of the year.