District 11AA

oakwood

Creek Wood post players have gotten in foul trouble the last couple games. It appears that they are getting some questionable calls against them, while smaller people are being allowed to hold and push on them without fouls being called. I am proud of the bigs for keeping there composure and for CW for finding other ways to win. Harpeth has definitely gotten better against us each time we have played them. If the refs are letting you be physical that is what you should do. As I have said before we have some very good coaches in this district and it is hard to beat a team that you are familiar with 3 times. Each time CW has played Harpeth the game has gotten tighter. The other night was not decided until late. The Creek Wood gaurds have been a question mark in most peoples oppinnion, but they have stepped up when they need to. Coty Crow had a great game against Harpeth when no one else was scoring and Xavier Darden,who was out the first part of the seaon, is getting better every game. Tuesday night is about seeding for the region and the teams from the other district are tough, especially Spring Hill and Marshall County. They are both young. SH is mainly Sohpmores and MC is mainly juniors.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood is playing for perfection in the district. There is NO WAY that I see them tanking this game. They will take their chances going into the Regional Tourney as a #1 seed. I look for them to win tomorrow night and open the Regional Tournament against Giles County.

Montgomery Central is a team that doesn't matchup well against Creek Wood but they do have to feel great about how things are falling into place for them. I believe the Indians can play Creek Wood to a 10-15 point game (even if the Red Hawks are having a great night). In the end though them losing this game could be a blessing with a home matchup in the opening round of the Regionals against Page.

Waverly Central is a team that I think will beat Harpeth. Their star player had an awful performance last time against the Tribe and he didn't play very well the other night against Montgomery Central either. I look for the Tigers to come out on fire and I think that a combination of great shooting plus Harpeth coach Jamie Wilson electing to play Spring Hill over Marshall County will lead to a win. What a great Regional opening round matchup that should be between Waverly Central & Marshall County. Justin Vogel & Kendren Johnson are both capable of putting up big numbers.

Harpeth is a team that is going to take tomorrow night as a chance to get an extra practice session in and keep some guys healthy going into Regionals. They would love to play Spring Hill again I am sure. The Raiders just barely snuck by Harpeth when the Indians were in the midst of their 0-15 start to begin the season. Now that Crowe & Dansby are healthy and the role guys have experience under their belts I am sure those guys would feel very good about playing Spring Hill.

The Region 6-AA Tournament Bracket Will Look As Follows:

1.) Creek Wood

4.) Giles County

2.) Marshall County

3.) Waverly Central

1.) Spring Hill

4.) Harpeth

2.) Montgomery Central

3.) Page

Come on. Waverly and Harpeth might play their JV to see who gets the privilege of playing Marshall County after their upset loss to Spring Hill. That district, by the way, is done. Played 3 games in 3 nights and are resting at home waiting 11AA. They'll probably be in the gym Tuesday night. Coach Wilson and Coach Rawlings might even flip a coin in the hospitality room and the winner would take Spring Hill. Same for Creek Wood and Montgomery Central. The bracket to sub-state is the one that doesn't include Marshall County. Kedron Johnson is a 6'-4" point guard with offers from Louisville and Tennessee already, as a junior and he's not the one scoring 24 pts a game.

Good thing Spring Hill didnt feel the same way or they would not have even showed up

the other night.I really dont think a week off will be an advantage,probably the opposite.

Three days off this time of year is about right.I bet Marshall county wished they had not

fell in Cw bracket if CW wins.Why would Harpeth/Waverly really care which bracket they

fell to.Probably will lose in either bracket. Why not try get a shot at Marshall co.If SH is

good enough to beat Marshall then why couldnt CW. Harpeth only lost to SH by 1 earlier

this season.I know scores dont always tell the story but they usually let you know

if you can compete.I will be the first to tell you Wav. is my team but Cw is the real

deal.They have a real shot against anyone.If I remember correctly they played

Bolivar last year to a tie at the half.They lost only one or two players from that team,so

they will be a force in region.If Waverly can get some good minutes from Smith on the inside

and Vogel plays well they have an shot in region to win a game at least.Im not convinced

that the other region is any better than 11aa.We will see shortly.

Reasons why Harpeth would want to be in 'that' bracket.

#1. Marshall County isn't in that bracket.

#2. They've already seen Spring Hill once this season and lost by 1.

#3. They'll have a third shot at Montgomery Central and the Hulkster.

It doesn't bother me so much that you guys are homers, but look at the dang history of this district. Zero gold balls, very few state appearances. Why would Marshall County be afraid of anybody from 11AA? They have a good program down there. They're historically better than Giles County and have competed at the state level in almost every sport over the years. As far as AA teams in middle Tennessee, they're pretty dang solid. That being said, I hope 11AA does well. I think we have a shot of getting one to the substate and they'll come from the bracket opposite Marshall County. You're right, 12AA is average after the top 2. 12AA's 3 and 4 seeds shouldn't scare anyone.

I hope it was Harpeth playing CW for the 3rd time and the Jamie Wilson magic, but I was not impressed with anything out of their game the other night outside of Dotson's ability to alter shots. The blocked ones go out of bounds, the altered ones are rebounds. Coty Crow put the scoring load on his shoulder down the stretch and as much as I like Aaron Hyndman's game, until the last quarter when he hit a free throw and a 3, I think he was scoreless or close to it. The one official was out of position and horrible, but for both sides. I want 11AA to do well. I hope CW was having an off night.

I bet Sycamore wishes they were still in our district. Heck, I even wish they were. They were eliminated in the first round by Greenbrier in 9-AA. That is the first time they have not made the regional tournament since becoming a high school. They probably would have been a 2 seed maybe even a 1 seed in 11-AA.

I do hope the four teams will represent 11-AA well in the region. Creekwood is solid enough to win it. Harpeth may pull off an upset or two.

I agree 100% about Sycamore. They would have HANDS DOWN been the #2 team in this district in both football & basketball this calender sports year. Instead they missed the State Playoffs in football & they failed to qualify for the Regional Tournament in basketball.

Montgomery Central is having their best season in basketball since 2002-2003 (lost in the Regional Semifinals to Sycamore). This year will mark the 1st time since that year that their basketball team has advanced to the Regional Tournament. Hats off to Jimmy Young and his team for a great season. I say that with the upmost respect because as a fan in high school I can say that outside of Harpeth the Montgomery Central Indians were always Sycamore's biggest rival on the hardwood back during those days. That was when Montgomery Central was a real force in Class AA. I think of the teams that they used to have with guys like Ricardo, Gunter, Lehman, Sam Young, & Brandon Burney. The Indians can really make a push towards a substate game also. A first round matchup at home with Page could be a real blessing for them. In the 2nd round of the Regionals they could very well end up squaring off against a Harpeth squad that they swept this season or a Waverly Central squad that they took 2 out of 3 from (and it should have been 3 out of 3 in all honesty). I wish those guys at Montgomery Central nothing but the best. They have some good players and they are for the most part players that will be returning next season as well. If those posts, Hamilton & Smith, can work on their game and Ravon hardy can develop any type of offensive skill to go with his athleticism then Montgomery Central will be my pick to win the District Championship in 2010-2011. Trevor Moore will be a senior and will have a great year. He's already IMHO the best point guard in the district.

If those posts, Hamilton & Smith, can work on their game and Ravon hardy can develop any type of offensive skill to go with his athleticism then Montgomery Central will be my pick to win the District Championship in 2010-2011.

I am with you on that. Hamilton and Smith need to get on a good AAU team. Central is a young team they have a bright future next year. Who else in the district has "young talent" coming up next year? I know Creekwood and Waverly are losing some strong seniors, but Stewart County is only losing one. Anyone have any thoughts?

Creek Wood will be strong again next year.They are losing a lot but they also have

some really good young players with size.. These guys have went against Hyndman

and Dotson all year in practice and have improved a lot.Their guard play will probably

be their biggest strength with Clements and Bybee returning.Both of these guys can

get 20 a night.District will be very competitive next year but until then keep on

rolling Redhawks.Its been a great season no matter what happens from this point on.

I agree about Central being the team to beat next year. They have the most experienced players returning, and the post season success they are having should make them stronger next year. Creek Wood will probably be better tha most people think because they do have some good players that dont get much playing time but like ruger said they practice every day against Dotson and Hyndman. However I dont think Clements could score 20 in a game of 36 against anyone.

I agree about Central being the team to beat next year. They have the most experienced players returning, and the post season success they are having should make them stronger next year. Creek Wood will probably be better tha most people think because they do have some good players that dont get much playing time but like ruger said they practice every day against Dotson and Hyndman. However I dont think Clements could score 20 in a game of 36 against anyone.

Clemlawn,I agree with you most of the time but you are dead wrong about Clements.He has had some

really big scoring nights this year.He will only get better.He will most likely Lead CW in scoring

next year.Dont be a hater

Congrats to Montgomery Central on there win over Waverly. Great game plan and execution. I thought Waverly made a good run and had a chance to get back in it. hale made some good plays toward the end. Every time Waverly loses papatiger has something bad to say about the other team and if it is Creek Wood he has something bad to say about them even when they win.Sometimes you just get beat. I realize not all Waverly fans are like Papatiger, But for someone who has seen as much ball as he says he has, he has not said anything that I have read that would lead me to believe that he knows anything about the game. Until there is a shot clock in high school a coach would be foolish not to play a game in the way that gives his team the best opportunity to win. The game was decided onthe court and Central won. Maybe if they do like the NBA and allow 6 fouls Vogel would not have fouled out. Maybe if everything was on T.V. you would not need radio announcers.

Look buddy everyone has their own opinion! Papatiger is prolly one of the best waverly fans we have, we as in the waverly people are lucky to have ricky! Dude u need to step off and quit critizing ppl. O and here the true issue. Creek Wood has 900 students or something like that, wavo has 615, like the rest of the district, put creek wood in a bigger school district6 and lets see what happens! (i.e. Creek Wood football agaist page in first round, Creek wood vs. dickson in football!) Everyone have a great day and good night tonight.

Man I wish I knew more about you guys district, cant get anyone in 12aa to talk about anything. I think they are aware of how weak 12aa is. MC had a great year but as they found out anybody in 12aa can beat anybody in 12aa, but I am not sure if they can beat your 1 and 2 seed. If your 1 seed lets GC hang around long enough Sat. could be an upset.