District 11AA

oakwood

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone mentioned earlier about the weak 12aa going to hurt them, that was the same thing they said during football season and that turned out great for the BOBCATS. dont think the same will apply here. GC is very young 1 senior 1 jr, that gets playing time and the rest as you can guess underclassmen. Lack of size and experience will hurt. Already played CW earlier wasnt pretty for us. Not sure how everything will play out, but if you have to come to the 12aa for a game you will have your hands full weak or not. Anyone can beat you. Gotta pull for the 12aa Go CATS!!

Dadtimesfive I don't think Giles has played Creekwood this year. They did however play Whites Creek in a Christmas tournament @ Overton High School and lost by quite a bit. I haven't saw Creekwood play, but if Giles come to play it could get interesting. Spring Hill did barely beat Harpeth in a Christmas tournament, but I was there and believe me. That wasn't the real SH. That's probably the worst I've seen SH play all year. IMO, SH is @ least 20 pts better than Harpeth. From what I saw from Harpeth, if they were in 12AA they'd definitely be fighting for last place. Harpeth has no athletes. In order to compete with Marshall County, Spring Hill, and even Giles Co., your gonna have to be athletic. I'm a Marshall County fan and not being biased, but I know athletes when I see them. All I have to say to 11AA teams and fans, you better be quick and athletic. If not you better shoot lights out or play perfect defense. I've heard a lot about Creekwood's size. I know a lot of kids that are tall, but not athletic. If Creekwood's boys are tall and athletic than they might have a decent squad. If your 6'4" or 6'5" you should be able to post up, handle the ball, good passing skills, and shoot the 3 ball. If CW boys can't do that, than what's all the hype about?

Not athletic is always the knock on 11AA teams and I understand where you're coming from being a Columbia boy myself. Another non athletic Harpeth team beat the socks off the Lions a few years ago. They did it with defense and shooting and fundamentals. I think even for a down year for Harpeth, last place is a stretch. Fairview's in that district. So is East Hickman, Hickman County and Lewis County. Those teams don't strike fear into the hearts of most AA basketball teams. I don't think Fairview ever beat a Harpeth team while they were in 11AA.

You watch one holiday tournament game and extrapolate last place? Go over to Petty's and get you a Sun Drop. That Kool Aid is messing with you. :popcorneater:

yea howdoitknow you do since i bet your a 30+ year old man with no life.

But I also have more athletic ability in my left pinkey toe than you ever had in your entire body. In your so called prime if you ever had one, in the first place.

I am dearly sorry for my grammer and sentence stucture. English is not my strong point.

Ksgovols your are prob right about harpeth having a chance to win. Dont think they will but it could happen.

But the stupid comments of sycamore being 2 in football, and basketball really got to me. And Central getting futher than Cw.

Ksgovols I don't really care much for sun drop. However, I did see one christmas tournament like 2 months ago. So I'd probably say my prediction on Harpeth would be more accurate, than you going back a few years ago. I'm sure a few years ago there's team that would've beat Marshall County, that probably couldn't beat them today. Your point with the defense, and fundamentals was true. I'd already stated that though. Fundamentals are great for any sport, but you've gotta have athletes. I don't know who will end up end the Boro, but I can guarantee you that 99.9% of the teams that get there will be more athletic than fundamentally sound. You can't teach athleticism, but you can teach fundamentals. I think Spring Hill could play with anybody in the state, and I don't think Harpeth could. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!

Well let's see:

Giles County at Creek Wood

Waverly at Marshall Co.

Harpeth at Spring Hill

Page at Montgomery Central

I haven't seen any of the 12 AA teams play but have kept up with their seasons. So here's my best guess.

Creek Wood

Marshall County

Spring Hill

Montgomery Central

Which brings the match ups of Creek Wood/Marshall County and Spring Hill/Montgomery Central

I guess: Marshall County and Montgomery Central with Marshall County winning the region.

But who knows, that's why you play the games right?