Lincoln County

falcon62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure you just dont have the horses this year, isnt Thompson one of the more respected coaches around the state?

He was at one time but not anymore. There so many internal problems with the program and it all leads back to a lack of discipline and the head coach.

Not in many peoples minds. He just dont have the edge anymore. Should have retired a few years ago.

falcon62, why is it I have a feeling your resume will be one of the first ones in if Coach Thompson either retires or is replaced? I disliked Coach Raikes and was vocal about it, but I could NOT hold a candle to you. dry.gif

Not in many peoples minds. He just dont have the edge anymore. Should have retired a few years ago.

falcon62, why is it I have a feeling your resume will be one of the first ones in if Coach Thompson either retires or is replaced? I disliked Coach Raikes and was vocal about it, but I could NOT hold a candle to you. dry.gif

Good post, LOD.

You know how much I cant stand people who talk bad about their coaches, but you have always been a stand up guy, open with your opinions and your identity.

Falcon62 is providing yet another example of a lowlife hiding behind a message board, stabbing an honorable and respected coach in the back. While what falcon62 says may turn out to be true, I put no value in anything that is posted from that source. Its kind of like a talking pile of manure in the pasture complaining that the old bull aint what he used to be. Who cares when the opinion is coming from steaming poo.

Good post, LOD.

You know how much I cant stand people who talk bad about their coaches, but you have always been a stand up guy, open with your opinions and your identity.

Falcon62 is providing yet another example of a lowlife hiding behind a message board, stabbing an honorable and respected coach in the back. While what falcon62 says may turn out to be true, I put no value in anything that is posted from that source. Its kind of like a talking pile of manure in the pasture complaining that the old bull aint what he used to be. Who cares when the opinion is coming from steaming poo.

We see who laughs the last life when the season is over. I am not a coach do not want to be a coach but the players derseve better than they what they have now. As for SwamiSays and few other there heads are stuck in the mud they cant see the writing on the wall. COME ON GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE POOP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! just stating a fact if you dont like it dont read the facts. If cant handle heat stay out of the kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not his resume it'll be one from a relative or a buddy. Using these boards to question the way a coach does his job or decisions that he makes (which beyond the healthful benefits obtained from venting is still pretty much a complete waste of time and can be more detrimental to the team than what the coach is supposedly doing or not doing) is one thing - anonymously appointing oneself the leader of a mob carrying torches and pitchforks and constantly trashing the coach is another. It's hard to believe that anyone would do that unless there is a hidden agenda.

Pay no attention to the anonymous coward behind the curtain, Falcons! Keep your heads up and finish the season with two more wins!!!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Way late on this post, but I do believe that I want to at least weight in so to speak lol. I wrestled NAIA competed against some of the best wrestler over all a crossed the divisions and felt great about my college wrestling experience. I think people make the mistake in believe that wrestling some how gets easier as a sport at the smaller college divisions it doesn't the training is mostly the same. I have that on good authority from a coach who was a D1 all-American. it's more the commitment level of the competitors that is different. There is talented wrestlers that can go D1 at any level in the smaller division. sub in Sammy Shires for one he would have done fine on a DI team. He chose a work life ratio that suited him. It's not about talent it's commitment are you going to make training and studying the sport the center of your world cause that's what it takes: NO MATTER HOW TALATENTED BEFORE HAND YOU ARE.  If so then D1 is for you and striving for success at that level is for you like Mr. Palmer said it's what your willing to put in. Now coaches if you have a successful wrestler who fits that bill then by all means D1 is a great option they will see some success no matter how small, but if they are not that committed along with being talented and a killer and you know it then your doing them wrong.  You don't have to tell athletes that you don't think they are D1 tell them to keep their options open to take all their visits to consider all the divisions regardless of their goals. college recruiting visits have you most times wrestle against their current wrestlers coaches and athletes  will find out real quick it's not easy no matter where you go. That way when they make their decision it's a sound one that's based on well rounded experiences.     BobCorker, and oceansize42 I believe what you are thinking is correct but for different reasons. TN wrestler's have the talent... it's a commitment level change. TN wrestlers aren't used to having to put themselves through the level of commitment required and kills them on the D1 level.    WrestlingGod, I agree you should push kids to pursue their dreams, but not at the cost of common sense period... we have to much of that going around this country already. Dreams can turn to poison when these wrestler are not educated on what it truly takes. In TN  a kid who understands wrestling to a high level can be successful with small amounts of hard work. They think their definition of hard work is enough for D1 that is the mistake not the "talent/understanding".  Over-all though we do not celebrate NAIA,D2,D3, or Juco success in this state like other states do. GA/AL celebrates all it's college wrestlers success a crossed the  board no matter the division. Why? because it's hard... I have gone to all the divisions National championships let me tell you to be a all-American at any is impressive especially D2 or NAIA. those guys can scrap and not one of those AA's are an easy match. all of them were state placers or champs multiple times in their high school careers. does that at all sound easy to place at? TN does not give those guys enough credit or shout outs period. it's an over sight because of this D1 or it's less than meaningless   mentality on this site and in this state. GA/AL is better then us on the highest stage because they send guys to D2,NAIA,D3 ect. they come back understanding the sport better then their pervious coaches, and give back and that cycles to athletes readiness to go D1 with clearer understanding of what it takes to be competitive day 1 freshman year.             My post isn't to support one way or the other but to just consider that both sides have merit and that both work when the system in TN. by system I mean coaches are the better educated on preparing athletes for each level they want and should pursue.        
    • If you think McKenzie could've beat Riverside I have a bridge you might like to buy. 
    • Hate to hear Ricky is heading to the old folk's home!
    • By recruiting, I mean members of a coaching staff are talking to, meeting with, giving tours, to students, and their guardians, that are not zoned for their school.    there’s no way that many non Bearden kids just showed up all at once without being recruited. It can’t be a coincidence that all those kids also went through the middle school all star game your boss puts on every year. 
    • Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.