Goodpasture at Greenbrier

GOODPASTURE

Walking in and making this Sycamore team tremble just shows how cocky Goodpasture thinks they are. Let me tell you what I saw at this game. Three tour buses, a tractor trailer truck, and the coaches looking over our field making sure our field was good enough to play on. All week on coach t's thread they were worried about our field. Let me tell you one thing Coach Halstead takes real good care of our field I have been through there at midnight and the lights would still be on and he would be up there by himself mowing and fertilizing our field. The game with two offense penalties which your big lineman was called on because of holding. And yes yall did have two unsportman like conduct penalties but they were on the coaches. Was it because your team could not hold back our boys and it just made your team mad? So you think that any team that beats yall will a good night? Well let me tell you one thing welcome to our district. I will let you know that Sycamore, White House, and Greenbrier have been playing each other for years and we have always been good teams so if you think we will let Goodpasture just walk into our district and take it over you are surley mistaken and we wont have it. Havent you heard that country boys never die. As of Sycamore we are a good team. These teams only beat us by 7 points Clarksville NE, Creekwood and Glencliff by 8. The only team that beat us more has been Greenbrier and they beat us by 12. Yes we did not have the win but we always play hard to the end. For that being said I want to say good luck to Greenbrier team.

Wow, I hope you get off your country high horse soon. I hate to tell you this, but alot of the boys on Goodpasture are "country boys"! So what does that make them? As far as the field, relax. I am sure Coach Martin and his staff are not the first coaching staff to be concearned about a field. I know you are trying to build this "us against the world theme", but it just wont work. You can try and slat anything I say to your benefit. What I said if you go back and read it is that Goodpasture needs to be ready every game. They came off the bye week, and they looked uninspired. There were ALOT of penalties, and they let it get to them. As I said, Goodpasture can't do that and expect to win. And if you read what I said, I also said that if that happens, they WILL lose. And what I also said is that Goodpasture better be ready for everyone's best game, reguardless if they are country or not! Now back to the Greenbrier game! The last time I saw Greenbrier play was last year against Station Camp. They always have a good team, and are well coached. I am looking forward to Friday night. I would also like to wish Sycamore good luck against White House. That should be a very good game as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Greenbrier will win this one and win the district title outright. They are very much like Sycamore on both sides of the football EXCEPT the Bobcats can throw the football this year. Head has been fighting it all year with his foot injury but I am sure the week off has helped and he'll be ready to go. Good luck to coach Williams and the Bobcats.

This reminds me of the 2005 Greenbrier team that everyone was calling "average" but at the end of the year they were region champs. This year's team has been labeled as being "average" by many posters out there. When you look at the facts though you will see that they have lost to good football teams and they STILL are just 1 victory from a district title.

I believe Greenbrier will win this one and win the district title outright. They are very much like Sycamore on both sides of the football EXCEPT the Bobcats can throw the football this year. Head has been fighting it all year with his foot injury but I am sure the week off has helped and he'll be ready to go. Good luck to coach Williams and the Bobcats.

This reminds me of the 2005 Greenbrier team that everyone was calling "average" but at the end of the year they were region champs. This year's team has been labeled as being "average" by many posters out there. When you look at the facts though you will see that they have lost to good football teams and they STILL are just 1 victory from a district title.

I will admit I do not know much about this years Greenbrier team. I have reviewed there schedule, and the last time I saw them play was last year against Station Camp. I did like the atmosphere at there field. For Goodpasture, if they continue to mature and play hard, the sky is the limit for this team. I think they might be one year early, because of the amount of juniors and sophomores they have starting, or playing major minutes. I am sure last week will be a major wake up call for them. The last time this happened this year, Coach Martin got them back on the right track against DL. I would like to think that if Goodpasture plays to there potential, they can play with anyone in 3A. Good luck and good health to both teams.