Page @ Spring Hill

Raiders0410

Regardless of the outcome of this game, i must say i am proud of our guys at SH. They have worked hard in the weight room during the off season. They are alot stronger than SH teams of the past. They have 2 linebackers and runnning backs that squat over 500 and one that squats over 600. the o-line has worked hard as well, and i believe that they are the strength of this team.

Good Luck to both teams!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also add that I hope the game doesn't come down to a "kicking" game. We miss Rion who kicked for us for the last seven years. This year we have been web-footed which makes extra points a thrill a minute.

Look for Page to have a new wrinkle this week.

Page may have to pick its poison against the SH offense. If the SH QB is hot we are in for a tough one....if not...I see Page slowing down the Raiders.

I saw on here that someone picked Sh 21- Page 14....if that scenario happens......then SH has more than I thought.

Mistakes will be a key....or penalties.

The TSSAA should always have the better crews when games like this have a big outcome.

Does anyone know if both teams are in the playoffs regardless......wild card gets a tough draw.

If you look at the "wildcard" rankings on the TSSAA website I think Spring Hill is a lock with 7 wins.

A 6 win team is probably in, but might be on the bubble.

Wildcard draw in this quad would probably get Creekwood.?

2nd in District 12 4A probably gets Jackson Southside.?

Guess we'll all know on Saturday between 7-9am. :roflol:

Regardless of the outcome of this game, i must say i am proud of our guys at SH. They have worked hard in the weight room during the off season. They are alot stronger than SH teams of the past. They have 2 linebackers and runnning backs that squat over 500 and one that squats over 600. the o-line has worked hard as well, and i believe that they are the strength of this team.

Good Luck to both teams!!!

You should be proud of them. They did work very hard during the off season and spring in the weight room, pulling the tires, running the hills/steps, etc. etc.

Let me expand on the weight room numbers just a bit.

Last year they only had 2 players who were in the 700-lb club. (adding bench, clean, squat) Both graduated.

This years' Raiders have 13 players in the 700-lb club plus 8 in the 800-lb, 5 in the 900-lb club and 2 in the 1000-lb club and it's very close to having to start a 1100-lb club.

That's a total of of 28 players doing 700-lbs or more.

That's a committment by alot of players. :roflol:

Wish I could be there to see this one, unfortunately uncle sam doesn't allow leave for a high school football game these days..

Best of luck to the Patriots, hope there's no injuries on either side of the ball.

I'll take my boys 28-7.

Sounds like you are serving our country.

If so, you are a true Patriot and Thank You. :roflol:

This is without question the biggest game of the year in the district for the 4a teams.

Will likely be the best game to see.I had predicted SH to take second...................sorry

Raiders,but I gotta change my vote. Page 20....Spring Hill 17.

The Patriot def.should win this one.I think I will skip the home team game and come

watch a classic.

Either way...good luck to both in the playoffs, Im hoping the loser gets a wildcard. :thumb:

After reading some threads about the playoffs.......neither team should think they are in if they lose.

The TSSAA always has snafus when this new "format" happens.

Just another reason for the teams to go all out just in case.

I sure would hate to leave it up to the powers that be.

I sure liked the old 5-3a format when our 4 top teams would wreak havoc on the old region 6....like last year when Page was a #4 and beat up on #1 Jackson SS.....the super team from region 6.

It's a pleasure.

Is there any way of getting live updates for this game?

PA03,

Spring Hill doesn't broadcast their games, and I don't think Page does either.

I have seen "live updates" posted on Coacht as the game is happening.

Guess they do it with "smart phones or laptops" or ??.

Sorry, I'm not that up to date. Old and old school.

Could someone do this for PA03 as the game is going on?

He is serving our country!

Thank you again for your service Sir!

After reading some threads about the playoffs.......neither team should think they are in if they lose.

The TSSAA always has snafus when this new "format" happens.

Just another reason for the teams to go all out just in case.

I sure would hate to leave it up to the powers that be.

I sure liked the old 5-3a format when our 4 top teams would wreak havoc on the old region 6....like last year when Page was a #4 and beat up on #1 Jackson SS.....the super team from region 6.

Spring Hill is in with 7 wins.

They are currently the highest ranked wildcard team (7th) without an automatic birth.

As I've said before a team with 6 wins is probably in but might be on the bubble.

I assure you Spring Hill is going all out for that 8th win.

It is very important to every player, coach and fan. It's been awhile since The HILL has had 8 wins and everyone involved knows it.

They will be READY!!

Calling for rain and possibly alot of it on Friday. It's going to be a "sloppy field for sure".

Heard the Coaching Staff didn't think it was wet enough today for practice..................so they practiced with the sprinklers on. :thumb:

Yeah I graduated in 2008 and I was number 3 (WR and PK).

Who are the "playmakers" for page this year? I still stay in contact with Cole Meenach some.. But he seems too noble to point out any one player as a difference maker.

If it's like when I played, I assume Spring Hill has a QB that's skinny as a toothpick but runs a 4.3 40 and could put some numbers on that scoreboard in a hurry.