Page @ Spring Hill

Raiders0410

Yeah I graduated in 2008 and I was number 3 (WR and PK).

Who are the "playmakers" for page this year? I still stay in contact with Cole Meenach some.. But he seems too noble to point out any one player as a difference maker.

If it's like when I played, I assume Spring Hill has a QB that's skinny as a toothpick but runs a 4.3 40 and could put some numbers on that scoreboard in a hurry.

Not quite a "toothpick". :thumb: 6'1" about 180-185, 4.7 40; but SH's whole offense can be explosive.

They have about 4 RBs they rotate, along with 6-7 receivers who catch passes about every game and a senior laden OL.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could be there to see this one, unfortunately uncle sam doesn't allow leave for a high school football game these days..

Best of luck to the Patriots, hope there's no injuries on either side of the ball.

I'll take my boys 28-7.

Thanks for the job you are doing, From a former grunt, whoo-ya!!!

The qb that is not quite a "toothpick", he more like a hickory stick, hard and strong. :thumb:

Again I salute you!!!

Oh so a little bigger than I was thinking.. heh. Will special teams be a huge factor in this game? I heard from someone at the beginning of the year that Page didn't have much of a kicking game these days.

And thanks for the support guys!

I cannot speak of Page, but S.H. does have a good kicker that of late have put them inside the ten,

to the goal line on kickoffs. Getting good height and distance on PAT's, S.H. doesn't really believe in FG's. By his PAT's looks like 40-42 yard would be his limit. Punter has been doing a good job as well, avg. somewhere around 40 yd per punt, give or take. The return team does have some speed, but not always discipline to follow blockers. Hope this answers some questions. If I'm incorrect on anything, I'm sure that 66in74 will correct me. :D:thumb: that's for you 66.

Oh so a little bigger than I was thinking.. heh. Will special teams be a huge factor in this game? I heard from someone at the beginning of the year that Page didn't have much of a kicking game these days.

I cannot speak of Page, but S.H. does have a good kicker that of late have put them inside the ten,

to the goal line on kickoffs. Getting good height and distance on PAT's, S.H. doesn't really believe in FG's. By his PAT's looks like 40-42 yard would be his limit. Punter has been doing a good job as well, avg. somewhere around 40 yd per punt, give or take. The return team does have some speed, but not always discipline to follow blockers. Hope this answers some questions. If I'm incorrect on anything, I'm sure that 66in74 will correct me. :D:thumb: that's for you 66.

This Bud's For You ChainGang Man!!

Don't disagree with any of that.

So obviously SH has the size advantage, and I know Page hasn't been known for their speed since the Macmurray days. Is it Page's coaching staff that has gotten them where they are now?

I have actually been told that Page has good overall team speed. I would definatly agree that Spring Hill has a size advantage. They have a huge right tackle and 2 big interior d-linemen, all between 6-3 to 6-6 and around 300 lbs. But even though Page has good team speed, i would still give the speed edge to Spring Hill.

So obviously SH has the size advantage, and I know Page hasn't been known for their speed since the Macmurray days. Is it Page's coaching staff that has gotten them where they are now?

I have actually been told that Page has good overall team speed. I would definatly agree that Spring Hill has a size advantage. They have a huge right tackle and 2 big interior d-linemen, all between 6-3 to 6-6 and around 300 lbs. But even though Page has good team speed, i would still give the speed edge to Spring Hill.

Page has a very good established staff. Spring Hill has alot of respect for them.

SH's staff is basically in their 2nd year. HC; OC; DC and they have brought a new attitude to The HILL.

I agree that SH may have some size advantage; and in past years I would give overall team speed to Page..........but this year overall team speed is in favor of Spring Hill.

They have 25 players that play run 5.0 40's or less.

I said all along that this game was going to be one of the years best. :roflol:

A wet field does away with the speed advantage and favours the defense. I still say rain & wet field = Page by 3 where a dry field = Spring Hill by 14. :roflol:

If the stars stay aligned as they are now, could there be any SH fans out there that would invite a worn out old man into the dry and warmth of a sky box or equivalent Friday night? :roflol:

I said all along that this game was going to be one of the years best. ;)

A wet field does away with the speed advantage and favours the defense. I still say rain & wet field = Page by 3 where a dry field = Spring Hill by 14. :thumb:

If the stars stay aligned as they are now, could there be any SH fans out there that would invite a worn out old man into the dry and warmth of a sky box or equivalent Friday night? :lol:

Sky Box?? Are you serious??

Spring Hill (Maury County) has to beg, borrow and steal just to get field paint. :idea:

Bring your Handicap Sticker and you can probably get parked to watch from the comfort of your car at ground level. :?:

PS: Spring Hill has been practicing with the sprinklers on all week!!!

Had to cut practice short today..............got a little to INTENSE!!!!!??

"A Little Too Hype"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me you're thinking about #9 Magwan Smith who was a two year starter at quarterback for Spring Hill and would've been a Senior in 2007 when you were a Senior. He was a fairly skinny guy, but he was very tough and had tremendous speed. I think he was an All-Region player that season on a Spring Hill team that went 1-9.