WHITE HOUSE @ SYCAMORE

LARRYBIRD33

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dandy, if you think I "worry" about WH program, you'd be wrong. I do read the WH boards as I do the other teams in our district just to keep in friendly competition. Someone else brought up "the rumor" and personally I don't care either way. I don't wish WH ill-will, and have no doubt that Porter has respect of the whole town. I'm just stating as a coach it would be hard to make a decision that may change the path the team takes after so many years of being in the playoffs. Don't be so sensitive...it's a message board.

Yeah, someone else brought up the rumor...but it was you who alluded coach Porter would change a decision to bring a player back to win a game....I doubt seriously if he did change his mind, it would not be "oh I can't win without him".....Seriously dude, why make such a post.

Did I ever say WH couldn't win against Sycamore? No. But considering all the wins WITH #10 in the last two or three years, and with what's at stake, you're kidding yourself if you think there won't be a second thought before that game tonight. On the other hand, I'm sure whatever lead to #10's departure will be something TG will always regret because he left a good team.

I do believe Sycamore will be out for blood tonight and it will be a good game.

Thank God character wins out, GBCat.

Sycamore is the "tough luck" team to miss the playoffs for the 2nd time in the last 3 years. Great season for the War Eagles and their players have nothing to hang their heads about.

The game went down to the wire. Both teams battled it out to the end. Good luck to White House in the play-offs.

Sycamore is the "tough luck" team to miss the playoffs for the 2nd time in the last 3 years. Great season for the War Eagles and their players have nothing to hang their heads about.

COME ON DOGFISH, A 4-6 RECORD DOESNT DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. JUST LIKE A 6-6 TEAM (VANDY) DIDNT DESERVE A BOWL GAME, AND IM A VANDY FAN. YOU SHOULDNT REWARD MEDIOCRACY.

IM NOT BASHING SYCAMORE BECAUSE IF WHITE HOUSE FINISHED 4-6 OR EVEN 5-5 THEY SHOULDNT HAVE MADE IT EITHER. BUT THESE DAYS THEY HAVE SO MANY BOWL GAMES THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO MUCH TO GET IT ONE. LOOKS LIKE THE TENNESSEE PLAYOFFS ARE THAT WAY ALSO NOW IF 4-6 TEAMS MADE IT. ACTUALLY, I REMEMBER LAST YEAR SOME TEAMS WITH POOR RECORDS GOT IT. IT SEEMS TO ME TEAMS SHOULD HAVE TO EARN POST SEASON TRIPS.

Porter did not give in. New QB and all the guys did a great job. Very proud of the WH team considering the adveristy and injuries they have sustained during the season. Tough seeing 3 lineman in the bleachers last night with boots and braces - 2 seniors and 1 juniors. We have really missed them and others have had to step up to the plate. Believed we played at least 2 maybe 3 freshman last night. Lots of sophomores seeing play time.

Go Blue Devils! BDP!

COME ON DOGFISH, A 4-6 RECORD DOESNT DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. JUST LIKE A 6-6 TEAM (VANDY) DIDNT DESERVE A BOWL GAME, AND IM A VANDY FAN. YOU SHOULDNT REWARD MEDIOCRACY.

IM NOT BASHING SYCAMORE BECAUSE IF WHITE HOUSE FINISHED 4-6 OR EVEN 5-5 THEY SHOULDNT HAVE MADE IT EITHER. BUT THESE DAYS THEY HAVE SO MANY BOWL GAMES THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO DO MUCH TO GET IT ONE. LOOKS LIKE THE TENNESSEE PLAYOFFS ARE THAT WAY ALSO NOW IF 4-6 TEAMS MADE IT. ACTUALLY, I REMEMBER LAST YEAR SOME TEAMS WITH POOR RECORDS GOT IT. IT SEEMS TO ME TEAMS SHOULD HAVE TO EARN POST SEASON TRIPS.

But when you hear the stories of the 2-8 or 3-7 still going, that's not even worth discussing. And there's some teams with winning records that don't really deserve a shot but that's neither here nor there.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if Porter gave in to #10.

Sycamore's losses were:

Northeast: 7

Glencliff: 8

Greenbrier: 12

Creek Wood: 7

Goodpasture: 7

White House: 1

Scott County's losses were:

York: 3

Kingston: 7

Alcoa: 27

CAK: 21

Loudon: 13

Stone Memorial: 13

Sycamore did not have a "bad loss" while Scott County lost to Stone Memorial. That is a very bad loss. Scott County got in because they beat two teams that finished above .500 this season. Those teams were Cannon County & Southwestern, KY. Sycamore only had one win of the such (East Literature). I think that it is a major injustice that Scott County got picked over Sycamore because they beat a team FROM ANOTHER STATE that happened to have a .500 record. How terrible of a way to determine a tiebreaker is that?????

But when you hear the stories of the 2-8 or 3-7 still going, that's not even worth discussing. And there's some teams with winning records that don't really deserve a shot but that's neither here nor there.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if Porter gave in to #10.

If you'll read the post just above your orginal question, you'll see the answer..... Nope, Coach Porter didn't give in and play Greenwade.