Gallatin vs Clarksville NW 1st rd

GWAVE1

With all due respect to the folks at NW, Gallatin folks should get there early and sit as high in the stands as you can. It is a small set of bleachers that sit on a hill sloping away from the field. If you are down low, you will have a tough time seeing over the players on the sidelines. Although there is no track, there is plenty of room for one between the bleachers and the stands. Not trying to bash, but it is one of my least favorite places to watch a game. Oh yeah, the PA guy must have been a cheerleader in college. He makes Hendersonville's guy sound soft spoken e.g., "Come on Viking fans, it's a big third down and we need a stop!!!!" Just a little annoying to hear the PA guy leading cheers. As I recall, there is plenty of parking but getting out is a nightmare. When we were there for a regular season game in week 1 there was only one exit to leave the parking lot. We parked up close to the entrance to the gym near a gate that we assumed would be open after the game, but it was locked. So we sat for about 20 minutes in a single line of traffic getting out. I'm sure there will be more people at this game, so maybe they will open more gates. The NW fans were very nice and the concession stand food was excellent as I recall.

We've asked that the back lot be opened for traffic leaving as well, think they done that for the last couple of games. We still cannot get an answer on why we have 10 cops there standing around after the game and not one up on Lafayette to let traffic out! Hope to have that solved as well....as far as the PA guy, with our sound system...we cannot hear him on home side, maybe that's the plan... :thumb: . Great concession stand folks that work hard to sell yummy food.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to the folks at NW, Gallatin folks should get there early and sit as high in the stands as you can. It is a small set of bleachers that sit on a hill sloping away from the field. If you are down low, you will have a tough time seeing over the players on the sidelines. Although there is no track, there is plenty of room for one between the bleachers and the stands. Not trying to bash, but it is one of my least favorite places to watch a game. Oh yeah, the PA guy must have been a cheerleader in college. He makes Hendersonville's guy sound soft spoken e.g., "Come on Viking fans, it's a big third down and we need a stop!!!!" Just a little annoying to hear the PA guy leading cheers. As I recall, there is plenty of parking but getting out is a nightmare. When we were there for a regular season game in week 1 there was only one exit to leave the parking lot. We parked up close to the entrance to the gym near a gate that we assumed would be open after the game, but it was locked. So we sat for about 20 minutes in a single line of traffic getting out. I'm sure there will be more people at this game, so maybe they will open more gates. The NW fans were very nice and the concession stand food was excellent as I recall.

That's funny about the announcer. Yeah I really can't stand those types of announcers. H-ville really has the worst so far it's like they think only one group of fans are at the game. It is also what I like about our announcer...down distance who made the play anything else is unneeded fluff IMO. I already plan to get there at my regular time which usually is one of the 1st ones there and I always sit as high as possible. Thanks for the pregame info. Thanks also for parking instructions.

What are the specialties to ask for at the concession stands.

I assumed they would make changes to the parking situation as the year went on and NW started putting together a great season.

As for the PA guy, it's a pet peve of mine. I'm old school. Give me down and distance, who carried the ball and who made the tackle.

We've asked that the back lot be opened for traffic leaving as well, think they done that for the last couple of games. We still cannot get an answer on why we have 10 cops there standing around after the game and not one up on Lafayette to let traffic out! Hope to have that solved as well....as far as the PA guy, with our sound system...we cannot hear him on home side, maybe that's the plan... :thumb: . Great concession stand folks that work hard to sell yummy food.

That's funny about the announcer. Yeah I really can't stand those types of announcers. H-ville really has the worst so far it's like they think only one group of fans are at the game. It is also what I like about our announcer...down distance who made the play anything else is unneeded fluff IMO. I already plan to get there at my regular time which usually is one of the 1st ones there and I always sit as high as possible. Thanks for the pregame info. Thanks also for parking instructions.

You've gotta try the turkey leg. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

You've gotta try the turkey leg. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

I knew it was something out of the ordinary. For some reason fried pies sticks in my mind.

haha no one can even hear ur announcer at the POS you call a stadium gallatin.. i do have to say i was at the game at hendersonville and know that wasnt a typical wave team.. i see yall winning big over this NW team.. hopefully youll get that rematch against hville in the quarter finals.. im glad that trulyblessed guy is so proud of his vikings team.. i wonder if he'll be proud after friday cause that's where the run ends for NW..

gallatin 45

clarksville nw 17

haha no one can even hear ur announcer at the POS you call a stadium gallatin.. i do have to say i was at the game at hendersonville and know that wasnt a typical wave team.. i see yall winning big over this NW team.. hopefully youll get that rematch against hville in the quarter finals.. im glad that trulyblessed guy is so proud of his vikings team.. i wonder if he'll be proud after friday cause that's where the run ends for NW..

gallatin 45

clarksville nw 17

Always a Viking fan through thick and thin from trulyblessed mom I might add!! And absolutely DON'T see the score that overloaded....you must have your rose colored glasses on. :thumb:

I was watchin film today with some of the players and if Gallatins offense comes to play i think they can run through this defense. Most of the lineman play both ways so there either in great shape or will be gassed in the 4th. But maybe they had an off game if, NW saw our Hendersonville film they could easly say the same thing about us. NW does have a huge fullback that worries me but Logan Slagle (if injury free) is a monster at LB for us and i think he can handle him.

Good luck to both teams.

Gallatin 28

NW 10

As a Gallatin fan I have to say it was wonderful to see the boys practicing this afternoon on the way home from the store. Those guys went through a lot on Friday. I am very proud of what they have done this year. It was just great to see them back at work. See you guys Friday in Clarksville.

So NW fans who does Gallatin need to watch for in this game. Who are your top players and at which positions. Gallatin has a TB with over 1000 yds rushing, QB with over 500 yards rushing and passing and a defense that is averaging giving up 11.7 pts per game. The D also has 3 SO's on the season as well as not allowing a TD in 4 of this seasons games.