Oakand at MT Juliet

2priceless

I guess Gallatin. I really didn't put that much thought into it. Who was the other? And you don't know where I'm going with this. Nice try, smarty pants!

My apologies. I thought you were going where everyone else goes about how week MJ's district is and how powerful Oakland's district is. I will agree with Oakland's district being powerful but I wouldn't say ours is week. It is what it is. MJ was placed in that district. They didn't ask for it.

Actually they did ask the TSSAA to be placed with the Sumner County schools for fear of being placed with Metro. I have heard this but I don't remember who told me. I think an opposing coach.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Gallatin. I really didn't put that much thought into it. Who was the other? And you don't know where I'm going with this. Nice try, smarty pants!

My apologies. I thought you were going where everyone else goes about how week MJ's district is and how powerful Oakland's district is. I will agree with Oakland's district being powerful but I wouldn't say ours is week. It is what it is. MJ was placed in that district. They didn't ask for it.

Actually they did ask the TSSAA to be placed with the Sumner County schools for fear of being placed with Metro. I have heard this but I don't remember who told me. I think an opposing coach.

OK who could blame us for not wanting to be placed with metro teams. Being placed with Sumner is better competition and better fans than metro. The only good thing coming out of metro is I-40/I-65. I still don't think they had any say so on the matter. TSSAA doesn't usually listen or make sound decisions. Look at the playoff format they came up with.

OK who could blame us for not wanting to be placed with metro teams. Being placed with Sumner is better competition and better fans than metro. The only good thing coming out of metro is I-40/I-65. I still don't think they had any say so on the matter. TSSAA doesn't usually listen or make sound decisions. Look at the playoff format they came up with.

Very true! I agree with ya but you can petition your request and that is what I was told they did. Trust me, Gallatin was placed with the metro teams for 8 years and it was horrible. Good luck to Mt Juliet I hope the Golden Bears represent 9-AAA well.

Oakland has no idea what is coming for them. Roger Perry is head and shoulders above ANY coach in Rutherford Co. and it will be obvious come Friday night. It is different when a fantastic coach has minimal talent, but Perry has just as much talent as Oakland. Murfreesboro schools make me sick because they are so overconfident. Who wouldn't be good if you had a million kids to choose from.

MJ 24

Oak 13

Can't let this one go without comment. In the 5 years prior to the 2008 season, Oakland won a combined total of 14 games. Last year, in his first season at Oakland, Tommy McDaniel came in and guided the Patriots to a 13 - 1 record and handed out Class 5A State Championship rings to all of his players. The fact that Murfreesboro schools has a million kids to choose from actually makes his accomplishment that much greater. You see, those million kids have 4 6A schools in Murfreesboro and 2 more 6A schools in the same county to choose from.

I refuse to bash MJ for ANY reason. Your team has had an outstanding year and have posted a record to be proud of. However, whining because you think Murfreesboro is loaded with talent and slighting an outstanding coach, even if it is backhanded, is just petty and childish.

I wish you the best of luck come Friday night. I hope your offense is up to the challenge they are about to receive. I hope our defense lives up to their potential. I hope you have a nice day.

she wouldn't sat it but i will. your boys are playing a mans team. you don't have a clue what is coming to you friday night. the O defense is light years ahead of anything you have seen this year.

Oakland, THIS is your time! Have fun tonight . We can go on the road and win. We all know this. Keep focused and listen to your coaches. Stay relaxed and enjoy your moment. We can do great things.
If you all do win I will congratulate but if you all lose this game you better believe you all will hear about it. I wouldn't love anything better to bust yalls "we are above everybody" attitude. Go BEARS! Stick with your gameplan, no turnovers, and we will win this game.