1A Playoffs. TSSAA got it wrong.

croz6110

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the confusion is that they don't do anything the same way.

When seeding the teams, why not use the same process as the wild card or vice versa, or find a process that works and use it for both.

T$$AA should've seen this coming, or they saw it and didn't really care.

Also, IMO, district finish shouldn't be used as a factor in seeding or wildcard, especially when some teams compete in 5 team districts and some compete in 9 team regions.

i see topic is slowly fading away everyone needs to e-mail and call tssaa monday and let them know that pepole care about these small schools im still ticked about clay county not getting in but there not the only team that got shafted let tssaa know how you feel just posting on here isnt going to do any good even if they looked on this site they wouldnt read the 1a and 2a threads just 4a 5a and 6a thats all they seem to care about

i see topic is slowly fading away everyone needs to e-mail and call tssaa monday and let them know that pepole care about these small schools im still ticked about clay county not getting in but there not the only team that got shafted let tssaa know how you feel just posting on here isnt going to do any good even if they looked on this site they wouldnt read the 1a and 2a threads just 4a 5a and 6a thats all they seem to care about

Agreed. I'll bump for that idea.

Man, I thought the BCS was screwed up and college needed a playoff system. We have a playoff season that's as screwed up as the BCS.

I think the BCS is easy compared to this. At least they reward you for playing tough opponents.

Wasn't this a 2 year playoff system? So that means we will have to go thru this crap again next year?

If they are going to put 1A and 2A schools in the same region but then to different playoff brackets then they don't need to include a 1A and 2A team in a tiebreaker as they did with Clay Co (Jackson Co a 2A squd in a 3 way tie)......That's just not right.

Yep, WC got the #1 and Jo Byrns the #2. WC and Cwood will probably have a rematch Nov. 13th. crazy!

This is the craziest stuff I've ever seen. Why can't the TSSAA make up a bracket and match teams that have NOT played against each other all year long? I know driving distance is a big thing but teams can play other teams (outside of their region) within 100 miles that they haven't played all year long. In a week or so they will have to travel anyway. There are several teams within 100 miles of Wayne County that are playing but WC is going to play Collinwood/McEwen winner next week(WC has played both teams). If it is Collinwood then WC will have to play C'wood back to back games. Cornersville & Perry County are having to play back to back games as well. I think this whole bracket (statewide) is a big mess. I hope they will rethink this before next year.

Yep, WC got the #1 and Jo Byrns the #2. WC and Cwood will probably have a rematch Nov. 13th. crazy!

The is the craziest stuff I've ever seen. Why can't the TSSAA make up a bracket and match teams that have NOT played against each other all year long? I know driving distance is a big thing but teams can play other teams (outside of their region) within 100 miles that they haven't played all year long. In a week or so they will have to travel anyway. There are several teams within 100 miles of Wayne County that are playing but WC is going to play Collinwood/McEwen winner next week(WC has played both teams). If it is Collinwood then WC will have to play C'wood back to back games. Cornersville & Perry County are having to play back to back games as well. I think this whole bracket (statewide) is a big mess. I hope they will rethink this before next year.

I think havin the 2 only undefeated teams in 1A ball in the same quad is messed up but that's just me :thumb:

I did not like it in the past when teams with 2-8 records got in the playoffs from a 5 team region and a team from a nine or ten region with seven wins would not get in. I was hoping the Z plan would be better? However, no disrespect to MTCS, but how do they deserve a by? There has to be some standards of who can be in and receive a by. Now I may be speaking out of turn if MTCS played alot of ranked teams in larger classifications I apologize.

By the way one would think the TSSAA would have the seedings correct before going on air. I found it odd that they had seeded teams from the same districts together and were having to adjust pairings on air. May be next year do the pairings show a couple of hours later.

I agree with all you post as far as the problems with the Z-plan. And, no one was more surprised to get a bye in the 1st round than MTCS. Of course, deserving a bye is simply a matter of opinion, but qualifying for a bye according to the Z-plan is more closely what happened - and, the bye for MTCS is evidence that there are some underlying problems with the plan.

That said, it is good to know that MTCS is undefeated against 1A teams this year. They played the three other 1A teams in their district. The rest of the teams on their schedule were 2A and 3A. They shut out one pretty bad 2A team, and the rest of the teams are all in the play-offs in 2A and 3A.

Playing up in out of conference has been considered a way to make teams better.

The Z-plan has really put 1A teams in this dilemma. What do they do? 1)Play a tough schedule, end w/ an unappealing record, but be a tougher team -or- 2)travel the state playing cupcakes, ending with a mediocre record and be a mediocre team.

One question I ask is - Do we want really good teams in the play-offs or do we want teams who have protected their records in order to appear to be good teams? I don't think the Z-plan is an improvement.

I think the crew at TSSAA's combined IQ may add up to a field goal but it certainly could make a safety. I have asked in a thread I started about 9 months ago how the system was going to work and a few people thought they understood it. :thumb: However, it had some obvious voodoo required to actually make it work and old Ronnie forgot to leave the black cat's bone and the rooster's comb behind when he packed up his desk.