1A Playoffs. TSSAA got it wrong.

croz6110

Now you shouldn't get credit for a win against a Non TSSAA school or a TSSAA school not competing in the playoff system like TSD. That would make teams schedule teams a little more competitive.

That won't work. Jo Byrns HAD to schedule KY teams because no one wanted to schedule them, not to mention Cannon Co. backing out for week 3. Why should a team be penalized for that?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I kind of agree with you because I know there are teams out there that have good records playing bad teams. I think TSSAA's new classification system is a big reason why a school like Cloudland can't schedule games against schools their size. When you have six classifications it spreads the teams out to far and someone Like Cloudland can't afford to make three three-to-four hour trips every year. I wish there were only four classifications. Granted not as many teams would make the playoffs, but if you have bigger regions, it makes more teams playing the same competition. There will always be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond, but I don't like a system where more than 1/2 the teams makes the playoffs and they're not necessarily the best teams. I'd feel a little better about it if you knew for sure the best 24 teams in Class A are the 24 teams in the playoffs.

And I kind of agree with you because I know there are teams out there that have good records playing bad teams. I think TSSAA's new classification system is a big reason why a school like Cloudland can't schedule games against schools their size. When you have six classifications it spreads the teams out to far and someone Like Cloudland can't afford to make three three-to-four hour trips every year. I wish there were only four classifications. Granted not as many teams would make the playoffs, but if you have bigger regions, it makes more teams playing the same competition. There will always be a small fish in a big pond or a big fish in a small pond, but I don't like a system where more than 1/2 the teams makes the playoffs and they're not necessarily the best teams. I'd feel a little better about it if you knew for sure the best 24 teams in Class A are the 24 teams in the playoffs.

Agreed

Now you shouldn't get credit for a win against a Non TSSAA school or a TSSAA school not competing in the playoff system like TSD. That would make teams schedule teams a little more competitive.

What about out of state schools?

That's fine. By non TSSAA schools I mean schools in Tennessee that aren't involved with the TSSAA. In Roane County we have a private school, Mount Pisgah, that used to have a team and they played in a Christian Conference. The school is in Oliver Springs and they never played, but if they did I don't think OS should get credit for that type of win.

I guess I didn't state it clearly, but playing a school from another state is fine to me as long as they are in that state's association. That caused a problem a few years ago, though, because games cane end in ties in Arkansas and a Tennessee team in a playoff race had a tie to deal with. Could you imagine if we had a couple of ties to think about also this year.

The bracket webpage is down right now while changes are being made. Maybe they'll correct everything.

The way I see it MTCS should be a 3 seed and Lookout Valley should be 4.

I think some people's ignorance has came to the front this morning.

The brackets are still down.

They may not have the brackets back up until after the Wayne Co. - Collinwood game.

And, even worse, how does Clay Co. get left out of the playoffs, TSSAA's website has them as an automatic qualifier if Friendship beat Monterey, and they did. Clay Co. finished second of the 1A teams in Region 4. They should be in.

Actually, Monterey did finish higher than Clay County in the district. The posted possibilities were wrong.

Tell me how they finished ahead of them. I am not trying to be smart about it, I really don't understand. Both teams were 3-5 in the District.

Well I finally have got this Clay County stuff straightened out, even though I don't like the results. Thanks to some of the other posters I realized Jackson County was tied with Monterey and Clay with a 3-5 region record. Here's how it boils down:

1) Trousdale County

2) Friendship Christian

3) Watertown

4) Gordonsville

5) Tied at 3-5 Clay, Jackson Monterey

Since all of these teams beat one another (Clay over Monterey, Monterey over Jackson, and Jackson over Clay) the tie breaker went to overall record. Monterey and Jackson both finished 5-5 while Clay went 4-6. This put Clay in 7th place. Monterey beat Jackson head to head so they finished 5th while Jackson finished 6th. In the end Gordonsville and Monterey were the top two 1A teams. End of story. It all comes down to the Jackson County game. Clay was down 13-6 at the half and then came out and got beat 34-6. If they would have took care of business in that one then they would have been in.

And, even worse, how does Clay Co. get left out of the playoffs, TSSAA's website has them as an automatic qualifier if Friendship beat Monterey, and they did. Clay Co. finished second of the 1A teams in Region 4. They should be in.

Actually, Monterey did finish higher than Clay County in the district. The posted possibilities were wrong.

Tell me how they finished ahead of them. I am not trying to be smart about it, I really don't understand. Both teams were 3-5 in the District.

As far as the region standings go, there was a three way tie between Monterey, Clay, and Jackson Co.

In a three way tie, the first tiebreaker is overall record. IMO, if one of those teams in a 2A team, which Jackson is, it should be head to head which Clay would win. Clay Co. only lost to 1 1A team in our region. Monterey lost to two. But, looking closely, you can almost explain why Clay isn't in, but I still don't agree with it. Nobody still has been able to explain why MTCS is seeded higher than Gordonsville.

Well I finally have got this Clay County stuff straightened out, even though I don't like the results. Thanks to some of the other posters I realized Jackson County was tied with Monterey and Clay with a 3-5 region record. Here's how it boils down:

1) Trousdale County

2) Friendship Christian

3) Watertown

4) Gordonsville

5) Tied at 3-5 Clay, Jackson Monterey

Since all of these teams beat one another (Clay over Monterey, Monterey over Jackson, and Jackson over Clay) the tie breaker went to overall record. Monterey and Jackson both finished 5-5 while Clay went 4-6. This put Clay in 7th place. Monterey beat Jackson head to head so they finished 5th while Jackson finished 6th. In the end Gordonsville and Monterey were the top two 1A teams. End of story. It all comes down to the Jackson County game. Clay was down 13-6 at the half and then came out and got beat 34-6. If they would have took care of business in that one then they would have been in.

That sucks for Clay Co.

Going into your last regular season game thinking you're and automatic lock for the playoffs, and then due to T$$AA not having a clue, your season is done. What a way end the season. Be sure to thank the T$$AA and the powers that be.