1A Playoffs. TSSAA got it wrong.

croz6110

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see the element of surprise here. We all knew from the get go this was going to be a mess.

It has lived up to expectations. We were aware that when they took two districts & combined them

to make a Region..Trousdale, Friendship, Gordonsville, Watertown, Jackson, Clay, RBS, Pickett,

Monterey, the weaker schools were going to get killed in this stupid process. Ignorance is

right on schedule. I agree a school with an 8-2 record has no business being in the playoffs.

Pure $$$$..nothing more for the glorious T$$AA. They either don't have the sense or backbone

to admit their wrong.

euler wrote:

Do we have a list of the changes?

Below is the official email that was sent to media outlets about the changes.

After the 2009 TSSAA State Football Playoff brackets were released this morning, we became aware of significant errors that were made that effected seedings within the brackets.

Changes/corrections were made in the following brackets after their initial release:

DII-A, Class 3A (multiple quadrants), Class 5A (second quadrant) Class 6A (fourth quadrant)

With the corrections that were made, there were not any schools taken out of the playoffs, or teams that were added to the playoff brackets.

The only incorrect information regarding a school hosting was the incorrect seeding of White Station High School in Class 6A. The seed given to Millington Central originally had them hosting a first round game, and not White Station.

We apologize about these mistakes and the confusion it may have caused for schools, coaches, and fans across the state.

The correct playoff brackets are now posted on the TSSAA website.

1st Round home Field: Cloudland 3-7, Coalfield 3-7, Eagleville 3-7, Midd Tn Chr 4-6, South Fulton 5-5 ? Yes TSSAA Got it Wrong! But I was expecting that! :lol:

I know someone probably has pointed this out, I haven't gone through the nine pages of posts, but the team South Fulton (5-5) is hosting is Gleason...They are 6-4 and beat South Fulton earlier in the season....

The way I understood it, when determining the seeding, if two teams both were the highest 1A teams in their district, the same rules as wild card determination would apply. So, overall record would count first. But if the district finish is the case, Gville is getting shafted for having to play in a region instead of a district.

Croz you would still get shafted because your district is TC, FCS, W'town, G'ville and RBS

I did not like it in the past when teams with 2-8 records got in the playoffs from a 5 team region and a team from a nine or ten region with seven wins would not get in. I was hoping the Z plan would be better? However, no disrespect to MTCS, but how do they deserve a by? There has to be some standards of who can be in and receive a by. Now I may be speaking out of turn if MTCS played alot of ranked teams in larger classifications I apologize.

By the way one would think the TSSAA would have the seedings correct before going on air. I found it odd that they had seeded teams from the same districts together and were having to adjust pairings on air. May be next year do the pairings show a couple of hours later.