An indictment of the system but does the TSSAA really care?

jacksoncounty

Yes the playoffs need to to be revamped. I saw it coming. White County is in 4-A won only one game and was in only two games all year. They were beaten soundly by everyone else yet get a decent seed at 1-9 because they beat Cumberland County 21-14 last night. Unreal!

Then the TSSAA tells us we have to be in the Mega-Region because we have two Districts with 4 and 5 teams each so we all play in a 9-team Region. BUT they allow a 3 team region in District 16 Class 2-A with 2 of them going. Unbelievable!

Gordonsville is seeded below Middle Tennessee Christian? Come on!

Clay County is left out of 1-A and all the time the TSSAA officials are saying they were in if Monterey lost Thursday night. Do you think they might have played differently had they known on Friday they were not it? Of course!

We, Jackson County are #26 in Class 2-A, Dresden is #25, so it might not even help us, BUT you hate to be told one thing and then it not be the case. The track record of TSSAA officials is not very good. I am not saying they are misrepresenting the facts but maybe just misinformed. Anytime you are the creator of something and you provide misinformation about it, you lose credibility. The TSSAA is teetering on the edge of the credibility issue.

My advice to the TSSAA - Make your rules, let everyone know what they are and then go by them across the board WITHOUT playing favorites. What applies to one district should apply to all. Are you going to try to fix it or is just a small school problem that you will ignore. If the Class 2-A District 16 situation was in 6-A or 5-A you would have already fixed it. That's not an accusation, it's simply a fact..... and maybe an indictment of the system.

I agree and they also messed up 3a and 4a.

I hate this new structure. It is complicated and basically unfair to teams who play in tough Districts who decide to select tough out of district games during the regular season. My team would not have made it regardless but when I look across the board, I see several teams left out of the playoffs and others in with losing records.

The good news is of course our tax returns will seem easy after navigating our way through this mess the TSSAA have implemented.

I tried several times to tell them that Clay County wasn't in in the scenario that happened to develop... but that kind of error (misreading the tiebreak sequence) was also possible the old way. And bad records making the playoffs is nothing new either--by my count, 14 losing records were in last year. That can only be fixed by cutting back on the number of teams going.

I tend to agree that Region 8-A should have had to play a region schedule (with pods, probably), but TSSAA has always been leery of making leagues that combine rural schools with Memphis city schools.

I tried several times to tell them that Clay County wasn't in in the scenario that happened to develop... but that kind of error (misreading the tiebreak sequence) was also possible the old way. And bad records making the playoffs is nothing new either--by my count, 14 losing records were in last year. That can only be fixed by cutting back on the number of teams going.

I tend to agree that Region 8-A should have had to play a region schedule (with pods, probably), but TSSAA has always been leery of making leagues that combine rural schools with Memphis city schools.

And why is that? I am a Livingston Academy grad and they had no problem sending us to Knoxville city schools for years? Why is Memphis different? They are saying they don't want to mix rural schools with inner city schools for what reason? Is that fair to everyone else?

I don't want to mix traditional basketball schools with tradition football schools and that makes just about as much sense (just kidding Trousdale County, we like playing you guys actually it is a good measuring stick). It just seems the TSSAA did us no favors when they made the mega-region concept. It's okay because we are improving and developing a program in spite of the roadblocks.

Explain why Monterey is ahead of Clay County in the 3-way tie senario. You break the tie from top to bottom and once the tie is broken you go back to tie-breaker number one is that not correct???

And why is that? I am a Livingston Academy grad and they had no problem sending us to Knoxville city schools for years? Why is Memphis different? They are saying they don't want to mix rural schools with inner city schools for what reason? Is that fair to everyone else?

I don't want to mix traditional basketball schools with tradition football schools and that makes just about as much sense (just kidding Trousdale County, we like playing you guys actually it is a good measuring stick). It just seems the TSSAA did us no favors when they made the mega-region concept. It's okay because we are improving and developing a program in spite of the roadblocks.

Explain why Monterey is ahead of Clay County in the 3-way tie senario. You break the tie from top to bottom and once the tie is broken you go back to tie-breaker number one is that not correct???

I don't claim to know what the reasoning is on the Memphis situation--that's just an observation of how districts have always fallen out.

Here's how the tiebreak fell out. Clay, Jackson, and Monterey all have three region wins--Pickett, RBS, and each other. Head-to-head fails. Next step is overall record. Jackson and Monterey have 5 wins, Clay has 4. So Jackson and Monterey go back to the top, and Monterey has head-to-head.

Well, dresden would of loved to play another game, but on the good side....we won our last game. Woohoo. Now we can watch McKenzie underperform in the playoffs again. life is good! Next year I guess we won't have to hear how big and slow we are. We will just be slow. Easy for a slow team to sneak up on all these medium sized fast teams. lol Go Huntindon....bring home the championship. Watch out for them Westview Chargers sneaking up on a few teams. have to put up the Rebel hating hate til next fall, but it fits so well.

Silverpie, you make it sound so simple, how did the TSSAA get it so wrong on their playoff scenario site? They said if FCS beat Monterey, Clay was automatic qualifier and Monterey would only be a wildcard. I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but even the TSSAA got confused and caused mass confusion in the process.

No one hear is begruding Monterey making the playoffs. I think they should have been included but so too should have Clay County. I understand your explaination and it does make sense in that regard. It just seems it would have been nice if the local teams had known that before they played last Friday. It is heartbreaking when a group of young men think they have earned something and have been told they have then have it taken away.