I have nothing against White Co. -but- 1-9 playoff team??

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my only question is how they can be a no. 6 seed when other teams have a better record.

District #1's get first seeding priority

District #2s then 3s then.. and last seeding goes to the Wildcards. Reason an 8-2 Beaden is seeded so low and a White Co being seeded so high - check out the 1A bracket where a 4-6 MTCS has a bye waiting to play either a 7-3 or 6-4 team...

my only question is how they can be a no. 6 seed when other teams have a better record.

District #1's get first seeding priority

District #2s then 3s then.. and last seeding goes to the Wildcards. Reason an 8-2 Beaden is seeded so low and a White Co being seeded so high - check out the 1A bracket where a 4-6 MTCS has a bye waiting to play either a 7-3 or 6-4 team...

HA HA ! Yeah, great new system huh? :thumb:

So much easier & fairer than the old 1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3, etc... dry.gif

THE SQUAD :thumb:

In my opinion, the system would work fairly well if they would just seed the quadrants correctly! I like the new district system with rivalries and big crowds, I think the TSSAA sets up the quadrants fairly, and I have no problem with the automatic/wild card system and tiebreaker rules to determine playoff teams. But, they have to fix the seeding process ASAP! Very simple...ALL district champions in each quadrant seeded at the top of the quadrant in order based on record, then district runner-ups in order of record. After that, all other automatic and wild card bids SHOULD be seeded accordingly based on overall record/tiebreaker. 1-9 White County should be #8 seed and playing at #1 Columbia, 3-7 Coffee County should be #8 seed and playing at #1 Blackman, 4-6 MTCS has no business receiving a bye, etc, etc, many more examples of poor seeding process!!

For instance, in the controversial Quad 2 in 5A, this is what it should be this year:

#1 Columbia (9-1) vs. #8 White County (1-9) ...instead of Columbia vs. Cleveland

#4 Glencliff (5-5) vs. #5 Shelbyville (5-5) ....instead of Glencliff vs. Hillsboro

#3 Anderson County (7-3) vs. #6 Hillsboro (3-7)... instead of Anderson County vs. White County

#2 Clinton (9-0) vs. #7 Cleveland (3-7)...instead of Clinton vs. Shelbyville

There is no way White County should get seeded higher than #8...sorry, they are a bad football team and they don't deserve better than that just because they finished #4 in a district of only five teams. However, I'm perfectly fine with them getting a bid to the playoffs based on the system.

And, Hillsboro and Cleveland by the same token should not be seeded above a 5-5 Shelbyville team. There are obviously other examples like this in other classifications and other quadrants.

I was under the impression that once the quadrants were set, all teams would be seeded based on overall record...I guess not.

Again, this is the one thing in my opinion that needs to be addressed quickly in this system. Everything else is fine by me. Once that gets taken care of, I think it should all work out fairly well.

Change this and things will work out so much better and fairer!!

Another post (Sparta Warrior) on another topic (the one about the Titans liking playoff brackets, ha ha), said:

"White County and Cumberland County are in their own little "group". Whoever wins their game wins the group. It's born out of geographical necessity."

which brings to mind a line from oh brother where art thou?

Well it'en this a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere!

BTW: 1-9, Sorry White County Seniors, but IMHO, sorry you didn't get it done, you guys should NOT be in playoffs.

Ronnie Carter, and the T$$AA strikes again. TOTAL IDIOTS.

This ain't rocket science, and its not C.M. Newton heading up the NCAA BBall tourney committee to make those bubble teams disappear!!! Total idiots. But, you know why i typed out T-$-$-A-A now huh? :lol::lol::lol::thumb:

(Can ya hear the 3-ring circus music playing behind my post?) :thumb: