Cannon County vs. Harpeth

woodvegas

Comparative info:

Cannon County (6-3):

PF=218 PA=148

Beat 3 teams with a winning record.

Played 7 teams (out of 9) who are in the playoffs and won 4.

Played 5 schools in a higher classification (4 4A and 1 in 5A).

Their 3 losses were to teams losing 2, 4, and 6 games (all were 4A schools who are in the playoffs).

Harpeth (5-5):

PF=244 PA=197

Beat 1 team with a winning record.

Played 6 teams (out of 10) who are in the playoffs and won 1.

Played 2 schools in a higher classification (both 4A).

Their losses were to teams losing 1, 2, 2, and 0 games (2 3A, 1 4A, and 1 1A school, all of whom are in the playoffs).

Top player: http://www.horkins.com/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a dangerous 1st round game for Cannon County because Harpeth is a team that can score a lot of points on the offensive side of the football and defensively they have been playing great the last 4 weeks. This is one of those "weird" games that is going to be a tossup because Cannon County doesn't have postseason experience to rely on so it isn't like they'll just overwhelm Harpeth in that category.

I am super excited about this game friday!!! The lions are district champs. But thats over with now. Now we have to focus on the play-offs. They cant dwell on the fact that they won the district. The boys need to keep their heads on straight and focus on the task ahead of them friday night!! I realize the lions dont have alot of post season experience. The most success they have had was 2 years ago with goin to a bowl game. But this is the real deal with being in the play-offs. But i dont see the lions being any different this week. The coaching staff will have them prepared. Berni willhave the boys rockin on defense and ready to hit someone. I think another factor may be the field. Its a mess. And no way to fix it really. So if its dry, it'll be like playing on dirt..lol. I dont know much about harpeth, so im not going to say we're are goin run over them or nothin..but i'll be there in support of the lions!!!!! :hungry:

As someone said this is a dangerous first roung game for CCHS because Harpeth will not care that they are district champions. In my opinion CCHS coach's should really try and be extra enthusasiic this week and let that carry over to the players. Cannon should play with some swagger and be deermined to show everyone that they were for real during the season and that they are ready to take the next step in the program. If Cannon stops big plays I think they win the game.