______________ got screwed.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. first off this board is called blank got screwed. its an opinion board about people who feel like they got screwed on how they were seeded or how far they have to travel. if you dont want to hear about it DONT read the post. its not that hard. anyway, i did some math since you are so high on your milan bulldogs. milan's opponents went 54-55 (not a winning record in case u didnt catch that.) gibson 0-10 covington 2-8. ok so lets not get carried away here. by they way fairview's opponents 58-42 with only one team that was not eligible for playoffs (marshall co) oh and i left creekwood off the list of 4a playoff teams that we played. fairview 4a teams that they played are seeded as a 1 seed, a 2 seed, a 3 seed and a 7 seed. milan a 3 seed and a 7 seed. case closed

I've gotta say this:

I admire the CAK fans for not coming on here complaining about the hand they were dealt. Assuming both CAK & Alcoa win their first round games, here we'll be meeting again in the 2nd round, #1 against #5. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but watcha gonna do?

Thank you for that nice compliment. Actually, we've been too busy switching out ice packs and heat pads from all the bruises on our boys from last Friday night 8-) I'm sure Central knows how we feel. But I did hear one of our players say after the brackets were announced, "We've got to get past McMinn Central to get another shot at Alcoa". I admire that mindset. :thumb: Hopefully the Warriors will be of sound body & mind by this Friday to battle with a tough Chargers team.

ok. first off this board is called blank got screwed. its an opinion board about people who feel like they got screwed on how they were seeded or how far they have to travel. if you dont want to hear about it DONT read the post. its not that hard. anyway, i did some math since you are so high on your milan bulldogs. milan's opponents went 54-55 (not a winning record in case u didnt catch that.) gibson 0-10 covington 2-8. ok so lets not get carried away here. by they way fairview's opponents 58-42 with only one team that was not eligible for playoffs (marshall co) oh and i left creekwood off the list of 4a playoff teams that we played. fairview 4a teams that they played are seeded as a 1 seed, a 2 seed, a 3 seed and a 7 seed. milan a 3 seed and a 7 seed. case closed

So Fairview lost to a 3 seed (Spring Hill) and a 7 seed (Page) and Milan beat a 3 seed (Crockett) and a 7 seed (Dyersburg)... case closed?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I know I don't have a dog in the fight, and I have not seen any west TN football this year (just scores)... but I couldn't help myself.

I've gotta say this:

I admire the CAK fans for not coming on here complaining about the hand they were dealt. Assuming both CAK & Alcoa win their first round games, here we'll be meeting again in the 2nd round, #1 against #5. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but watcha gonna do?

Thank you for that nice compliment. Actually, we've been too busy switching out ice packs and heat pads from all the bruises on our boys from last Friday night :thumb: I'm sure Central knows how we feel. But I did hear one of our players say after the brackets were announced, "We've got to get past McMinn Central to get another shot at Alcoa". I admire that mindset. :thumb: Hopefully the Warriors will be of sound body & mind by this Friday to battle with a tough Chargers team.

This just goes to prove that CAK has a team full of Warriors, that is why they have that mindset!! Good luck with Central.

I've gotta say this:

Thank you for that nice compliment. Actually, we've been too busy switching out ice packs and heat pads from all the bruises on our boys from last Friday night :thumb: I'm sure Central knows how we feel. But I did hear one of our players say after the brackets were announced, "We've got to get past McMinn Central to get another shot at Alcoa". I admire that mindset. :roflol: Hopefully the Warriors will be of sound body & mind by this Friday to battle with a tough Chargers team.

This just goes to prove that CAK has a team full of Warriors, that is why they have that mindset!! Good luck with Central.

Thanks Alias and Mom. Everything happens for a reason. I know this team is fired up about hosting the Chargers. Alcoa is a great football team, but we have our work cut out for us this week! Their fans seem great and I think their team has some real athletes. It's a shame that several of what I consider the best teams in 3A have to knock each other out early. Alcoa, CAK, Polk, Bledsoe, McMinn Central, Loudon. For starts that's a pretty strong quad.

So Fairview lost to a 3 seed (Spring Hill) and a 7 seed (Page) and Milan beat a 3 seed (Crockett) and a 7 seed (Dyersburg)... case closed?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I know I don't have a dog in the fight, and I have not seen any west TN football this year (just scores)... but I couldn't help myself.

columbia your missing the point. You are making the argument that milan is better then fairview. I'm not disargeeing. fairview did lose to the 4a schools, milan did beat the 4a schools. thats not my point. All i meant by the stats that I posted was fairview played harder teams statistically and still managed to have a better win-loss ratio then the team we have to travel to play.

columbia your missing the point. You are making the argument that milan is better then fairview. I'm not disargeeing. fairview did lose to the 4a schools, milan did beat the 4a schools. thats not my point. All i meant by the stats that I posted was fairview played harder teams statistically and still managed to have a better win-loss ratio then the team we have to travel to play.

If that is the point you are trying to make, what does Milan have to do with it? Milan doesn't have anything to do with Fairview having to travel to play a team with a lesser record.

all the milan stuff was for the milan fan who was trying to dog my team. thats all. i really dont have a problem with milan except for when i went to university of tennessee-martin and went to the westview-milan game. i was pulling for westview

You are wrong kind sir...never once did I "dog" your team. I know nothing about your team. I was criticizing the fans who dwell upon things we can not change. Which any of the posters that know me, and follow my posts know that I would do this even if it was a Milan fan whining about what seed we got. I wish your team all the best luck....

But let's retract to your previous statement where one should get their facts straight before posting. Not one negative statement about your team came out of my finger tips.

You have a blessed day young one!

all the milan stuff was for the milan fan who was trying to dog my team. thats all. i really dont have a problem with milan except for when i went to university of tennessee-martin and went to the westview-milan game. i was pulling for westview

And Fairview was the lower seed, and had to travel, because they were not the better team.

Sorry for your loss.....sure would have liked you to take a trip to Johnnie Hale...........

• 4 weeks later...