BIG 8

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big 8 fans are holding their cards close to the vest this year. I don't know if everyone is uncertain, or what. Regardless, the season is quickly approaching. Science Hill scrimmages Knox Webb this weekend, I believe. Once football quites down, I bet you the talking will start.

I think this is the year that no one knows. Crockett should be loaded but looked terrible against HappyValley in their scrimmage the other night. Dobbyns Bennett will find a team but it will take work. South should be good. SHHS did not have it this summer but they are athletic. Volunteer has the big man but that is it. Boone will look terrible at jamboree with 4 starters on football team and 3 bench on football. THS has several football players so they won't show much. Central is central. Should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

science hill is looking good for a young team they went to johnson county and played two games one against unaka and one against johnson co which both where good games but science hill came out on top the freshmen shannon hale had two big games to help his team win. jason steele from johnson co did everything he could to try to slow down the freshmen but couldnt. the freshmen had three BIG dunks that night one of them was so hard it buckle the backboard this kid is the real deal so good luck toppers!!!!

Holy cow,was WJHL screwed up tonight or what? They actually reported South beating Science Hill In the Topper Palace, and get this, they had David Crockett, perennial cellar dweller, beating the Dobyns-Bennett Indians...boys varsity basketball....Casey Marler gonna lose his job if he doesn't do a better job than this. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Holy cow,was WJHL screwed up tonight or what? They actually reported South beating Science Hill In the Topper Palace, and get this, they had David Crockett, perennial cellar dweller, beating the Dobyns-Bennett Indians...boys varsity basketball....Casey Marler gonna lose his job if he doesn't do a better job than this. :cry::mellow::thumb:

Good one CD! Who would believe that?? Seriously though, that was scary! Lord, everyone better get them now, because.....................

Holy cow,was WJHL screwed up tonight or what? They actually reported South beating Science Hill In the Topper Palace, and get this, they had David Crockett, perennial cellar dweller, beating the Dobyns-Bennett Indians...boys varsity basketball....Casey Marler gonna lose his job if he doesn't do a better job than this. :cry::mellow::thumb:

Good one CD! Who would believe that?? Seriously though, that was scary! Lord, everyone better get them now, because.....................

Just curious Volman....who impressed you more, Shannon Hale or the South team? I know,I know..the Hill is very young....I see them playing at state for the next 3 with Will and Shannon leading them,but anything they do this year will be gravy...still would you ever believe a South boys team would have a legitimate shot to win the Big 8 in basketball? When you stop to think about it ,this is an exceptional group of Sr. athletes at South High this year.