Part of the Preds Problem. . .

I did some research today on +/- standings of individual players. Some of the interesting stats for the early part of this season:

- Martin Erat sits at 674th among all players with a -9; that has to be some kind of record for a forward;

- Our distinguished second line of defensemen are Hamhuis (-6, 634) and Kevin Klein (-4, 582-quick note: he recently improved from his -7 rating last week).

- Mike Santorelli's -4 in a short stint in the NHL level gives one pause, as does Bouillon's -4. Notice we signed Bouillon as a veteran presence and bounces around between the third and fourth lines.

- David Legwand comes in at a robust -5, good for 605 in the league. And since he doesn't score goals this season, he is really earning that paycheck!

As far as defensemen, Suter and Weber lead the team with a +2, which put them 79th and 80th among their peers. Patric Hornqvist leads the team with a +5.

I did some research today on +/- standings of individual players. Some of the interesting stats for the early part of this season:

- Martin Erat sits at 674th among all players with a -9; that has to be some kind of record for a forward;

- Our distinguished second line of defensemen are Hamhuis (-6, 634) and Kevin Klein (-4, 582-quick note: he recently improved from his -7 rating last week).

- Mike Santorelli's -4 in a short stint in the NHL level gives one pause, as does Bouillon's -4. Notice we signed Bouillon as a veteran presence and bounces around between the third and fourth lines.

- David Legwand comes in at a robust -5, good for 605 in the league. And since he doesn't score goals this season, he is really earning that paycheck!

As far as defensemen, Suter and Weber lead the team with a +2, which put them 79th and 80th among their peers. Patric Hornqvist leads the team with a +5.

Leggy and Erat, if they do not score, will be at the bottom of the league all year. Leggy has looked a little better the last few games....We have not missed Erat. Smithson has surprised. Also appreciate he stuck up for one of his players. We don't do it enough....

The two early blowouts contributed to the bad ratings, along with the dmen not "finding" themselves early in the year. We sit at 6-6, but our goals for/against is skewed by the two bad games.

It is obvious this team MUST play good defense to win games, but I believe we will throw in the stinker or two, keeping the + - looking bad for most of the 2-4th line dmen.

Pekka Rinne seems to have found his game. If the young guys keep growing into their roles, we could win a lot of games with 3 goals....I would still like to see one big, strong, nasty, stay at home dman on this team.

Like a Chris Pronger? Well, we can wish.

I agree that the two blowouts skew the numbers; however if one of my favorite dmen kevin klein hadn't turned the puck over, the goalies wouldn't have been left out to dry-hence the blowouts. Still too many brain cramps from him and Hammy.

Erat is a head scratcher, Leggie just scratches himself. So little production from these two, so much line jiggling from Trotzy to find a "comfort zone" for these two apparently overpaid stars. He finds one combo that works for a game or two, then they revert back to their normal semi-productive selves. Between the two of them, they've scored ONE FREAKING GOAL this season. I guess I am about done waiting for Legwand to be a 25/30+ goal scoring machine. I am wanting Rick Nash and I keep getting corned beef hash.

Like a Chris Pronger? Well, we can wish.

I agree that the two blowouts skew the numbers; however if one of my favorite dmen kevin klein hadn't turned the puck over, the goalies wouldn't have been left out to dry-hence the blowouts. Still too many brain cramps from him and Hammy.

Erat is a head scratcher, Leggie just scratches himself. So little production from these two, so much line jiggling from Trotzy to find a "comfort zone" for these two apparently overpaid stars. He finds one combo that works for a game or two, then they revert back to their normal semi-productive selves. Between the two of them, they've scored ONE FREAKING GOAL this season. I guess I am about done waiting for Legwand to be a 25/30+ goal scoring machine. I am wanting Rick Nash and I keep getting corned beef hash.

Like the way the dmen turned over the puck last nite in the 3rd....Hideous. Since we have a glut of centers, I'd do the Leggy at forward experiment again....He seemed to play better then.

I'd say, if the Preds keep playing the way they are and get out of the playoff hunt, only a few players on our team will not be considered trade bait. (not tradeable: the young guys, Rinne, Suter, Weber).... The rest may be playing for other teams by the trade deadline.