Some of the states best catchers?

greenandgold

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that pitchers get all of the glory. Who are some of the states best high school catchers and do we have any that are big time college prospects?

I will jump in and say All-State Sequatchie County senior Chelsey Burgess. She is a great defensive catcher with a great arm. Offensively, she has power and speed and if you need the clutch hit, Burgess is the one you want up to bat. She is so athletic, she can play any position on the field. I'm sure they're others out there, lets hear about them! :roflol:

Two of the best for several years now...

Kendall Hooper, DCA 2010 - will sign a scholarship with Tennessee Tech next Wednesday. Could have gone virtually anywhere, strong, fast, great arm, huge bat, calls a great game. I just got off the phone with yet another out of state school who is interested in her, after being recommended to him by a SEC coach who watched her play at a Showcase in Athens, GA last weekend.

Sarah Beth Roberts, Mt Juliet 2011 - super quick release, great glove, etc... taking an unofficial to UT this Saturday, Alabama coming up to watch her play on Sunday, lots of interest from virtually everybody in the state (i.e. UT Martin, Belmont, TSU, etc) among other out of state schools.

Surely we have more college prospects at the catcher position than that in the state of Tennessee!! I have a young daughter who loves to catch is the reason the subject interests me so much. I saw a girl catch for the Knoxville Fury who really looked like a college prospect to me (think I am a pretty good judge of talent), I don't know her age or name but she is very talented. Come on people throw some names and interested college names out there. Softball is just around the corner!

• 2 weeks later...