Some of the states best catchers?

greenandgold

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to greenandgold in an earlier post he mentioned a catcher playing for the Knoxville Fury. Her name is Jordyn Wilson and I believe is a junior this year in high school. And yes she is a very good catcher but you are right it seems a lot of people forget about the other 8 players on the field and only seem to focus on the pitcher. And honeslty how many times have you actually seen a dominate pitcher that controls every game she pitches? VERY FEW

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen the catcher from Kingston play for several years now. She is a very good catcher that will be among the best in the state if she continues improving as she has over the past two years. She also has a big bat and good speed for a catcher. One to watch thats for sure.

Hey just want to weigh in on the catcher discussion. I agree, positions are sometimes overlooked. I have not seen all the catchers that have been mentioned play, but have heard of alot of them. I also agree with all of them. A catcher I have seen play that plays at Jefferson County High School, and I think she plays for the Maryville Magic travel team, but not sure. Her name is Laura Dukes, and i think she is a junior this year. She is a clutch player, great kid, and can call a good ball game.

Hey just want to weigh in on the catcher discussion. I agree, positions are sometimes overlooked. I have not seen all the catchers that have been mentioned play, but have heard of alot of them. I also agree with all of them. A catcher I have seen play that plays at Jefferson County High School, and I think she plays for the Maryville Magic travel team, but not sure. Her name is Laura Dukes, and i think she is a junior this year. She is a clutch player, great kid, and can call a good ball game.

I agree with you sbfan10. I have seen the Dukes kid play off and on since her days in 10 and under with the Thunder. I was at a tournament in Chatt. last year with my daughter and was able to watch her catch a game with the Magic. I haven't seen very many travel ball coaches who trust their catcher to call their own game, but this girl called an outstanding game. Her and the pitcher kept the other team off balance with a nasty change up and one of the best curveballs I've ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have been watching Emilie Hensley play since she was 9 years old, she is an outstanding young lady and ball player. She has to be one of the best catchers in Tennessee, looking forward to watching her this coming year. I heard the other day that her dad was going to be an assistent at East this year!

Emilie is the best catcher i have ever seen, a big weapon behind the plate and also a very down to earth young lady. I haven't heard anything about her dad helping coach at east but it would be a good addition to help get this team to the next level. With all the talent at east its time for the coaching staff to get this team to state.

A great catcher always makes their pitcher look good. I think the catcher at station Camp [ Danie Sanders :) ] needs to be watched. Danie is a Jr. She played for me this past summer, Has A pop time of 1.72 and a bat average for the summer of 575, Plus plays a awesome out field. Had a bat average at the world series in Florida of 700. Everyone knows a catcher is never in the spot light. This is why It takes a certian person to be a great catcher. They have to be humble,. tuff and very smart about the game. :)