Job opening at Warren Co.

chs4life

Hear the first wave of interviews has begun. Any word on who the front runners are? when a decision will be made? or does the board plan to keep us all in the dark until the announcement? the clock is ticking for the kick off of the 2010 season. taking time on hiring a coach is a double edged sword. yes we need to make the right choice, but we're wasting time that could be used by the new coach in getting kids to play, putting together a staff, and hitting the weight room! are the boys even working out right now or has the entire program been put on pause?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 players? We only had 6 or 7 seniors this year. We had between 50 - 60 players counting freshmen. Alot of the players returning have alot of experience. 3 or 4 of this years juniors got alot of playing time as freshmen and have been two way starters the last two years. Whoever lands this job has some work to do, but has talent to work with.

Pioneerfan54 is right about the double edge sword. Hopefully the players are lifting and doing things on their own. I'd rather the committee take a little more time than hire another Gerald Tidwell. I think we have had good coaches in the past, but didn't get much support from higher up. Like Sid Fritts and Heath Woods etc. We have an awesome AD now and things will turn around. Also, it wouldn't hurt for more kids around here to have work ethic, heart and more "We" instead of "Me" instilled in them from home!

hey pioneers, do not know how much is true but a friend i talked with yesterday afternoon said that smith was very interested in Warren County, said he was very involved last time when the job came open, said that he had always respected the pioneers since he had played against jeff womack during his high school days...i know he is moving back towards middle tennessee, his anyone heard anything....said he was tired of the politics and just wanted a place that cared about football...has been some funny things going on up here...first time i have seen a coach raise season ticket sales each year, more kids joined the team each year he was there, they had almost 90 through 3 grades and there football revenues were over 110,000.00 dollars...i liked coach smith alot and we have lots of kids that are very upset.....please keep us in the loop if you hear anything from mcminnville

20 players? We only had 6 or 7 seniors this year. We had between 50 - 60 players counting freshmen. Alot of the players returning have alot of experience. 3 or 4 of this years juniors got alot of playing time as freshmen and have been two way starters the last two years. Whoever lands this job has some work to do, but has talent to work with.

Pioneerfan54 is right about the double edge sword. Hopefully the players are lifting and doing things on their own. I'd rather the committee take a little more time than hire another Gerald Tidwell. I think we have had good coaches in the past, but didn't get much support from higher up. Like Sid Fritts and Heath Woods etc. We have an awesome AD now and things will turn around. Also, it wouldn't hurt for more kids around here to have work ethic, heart and more "We" instead of "Me" instilled in them from home!

I do agree with Nitro14 that their is some talent on the team for the new coaching staff to work with next year that will make it easer. I have heard a rumor that the Northcutt kid maybe moving away has anyonelse heard that if that is true the Pioneers would lose a key player on the team.

Northcutt is a heck of a player and had almost 1,000 yards rushing and was Region Offensive MVP. He is my sons best friend and isn't moving to our knowledge. Congratulations to the

All-Region players:

Mark Harvey (Sr.) RB/LB & Punter

Caleb Northcutt (Jr.) RB/DB

Cody Robinson (Jr.) OL/DL (2nd year in a row)

Michael Thrower (Jr.) QB/DB

Also Chris Madewell was Region Coach of the Year.

Smith is Scott Smith. Won a title at Ezell-Harding, then went to Independence for a few years, just resigned from Science Hill after a couple years. If he wants somewhere that's not political good luck finding that anywhere, from what I can tell.

People I've heard have interviewed:

Matt Snow

Steve Matthews

Crap, there were a couple others but I can't remember them.

I think he would take it. He is a better fit at WC than he was at FC.

Why do you think so?

I can't tell you why W10 thinks so, but I can tell you why I think so. Steve Britton is a coach first and a politican second. At FC you HAVE to reverse those roles to survive there.

Also WC is HOME for Coach Britton and FC is not.