Job opening at Warren Co.

chs4life

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Tommy Johnson? What is his background? Just wanting some info because I do not know him. Thanks.

He played @ Alabama for Gene Stallings as a DB and was co-captain of the 1992 National Champions. Went on to play with Jacksonville Jaguars and has coached in the Arena League. He helped coach a high school team in Louisville last year Kountry Day High School. He has a Criminal Justice degree and does alot of work in communities and is a motivational speaker.

I don't know if it's a done deal yet, but am keeping my fingers crossed.

so is johnson not certified to teach anything? Is he that much more qualified to coach high school football than the other candidates? Was he a position coach or a coordinator? This is a huge investment and unprecedented move by Warren Co. to bring this guy in. It's a far cry from calling plays with professional athletes to calling plays with teenagers. With one you pick your players...and with the other, they pick you. Good luck Pioneers!

so is johnson not certified to teach anything? Is he that much more qualified to coach high school football than the other candidates? Was he a position coach or a coordinator? This is a huge investment and unprecedented move by Warren Co. to bring this guy in. It's a far cry from calling plays with professional athletes to calling plays with teenagers. With one you pick your players...and with the other, they pick you. Good luck Pioneers!

sounds like a bad move to me. just because you can coach at the semi-pro level does not mean a darn thing except he knows football. motivating teenage boys and non-professional assistant and volunteer coaches is different from coaching pro athletes. chris madewell may have the last laugh when this guy fails to win 4 games.

sounds like a bad move to me. just because you can coach at the semi-pro level does not mean a darn thing except he knows football. motivating teenage boys and non-professional assistant and volunteer coaches is different from coaching pro athletes. chris madewell may have the last laugh when this guy fails to win 4 games.

this guy johnson is got a great background coach madewell never did anything to get the last laugh on anybody with 6 losing seasons in a row under your belt the laughs on him......

who were the other finalists, any other head coaches? If so, what were their records at the high school level? was there no one else qualified or had the credentials the AD wanted or did they just go with who looked good on paper?

I think Scott Smith interviewed. He was offered the job once before and it just did not work out.

this guy johnson is got a great background coach madewell never did anything to get the last laugh on anybody with 6 losing seasons in a row under your belt the laughs on him......

I agree. I think WC will have a good year next year. First we need to get a real

O and get rid of or the BS Veer. We need to let Caleb and Michael Run the ball behind Cody. I mean my god he is 6'4 310 lbs I could run behind him. I belive we can get atleast 3 yards a pop behind him. Hopefully no asst. coaches stay. We need to clean house and start over.

I don't think 2 people can coach and run a football program so he will have to take ask some of the assistants to return.Not to mention he will have to address the freshmen team as well as JV.There are good assistants at the high school and the new coach should implement HIS way of Coaching to the assistants so that shouldnt be a problem.

Its getting exiciting to say the least...... workouts should start soon but i dont think the coach is actually coming for a few months