Job opening at Warren Co.

chs4life

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chis Madewell is one of the most honorable men I know and he would never have a last laugh at anyone's lack of success. Chris took a troubled program and built it to the best of his ability. He was not fired or made to resign. He left on his own accord. I think it is time to stop trying to second guess the selection of a coach and support whomever the committee selects. Whether you like the new coach or not, he will be the new coach no matter what and it is time for all of Warren County to get behind the selection when he is hired.

Wow why does everyone keep saying Madewell was a great person this and that. He was hired as a football coach. Not a pastor, minister, or anything else. He was hired to win games. He obviously cound'nt do that. Since 4-6 was his best year. Good luck to Madewell, WC and the new coach.

imo i think the hc should look at the asistants coaches only if he has to then you have to look at which ones did a good job at there positions. there is some other people that is qualified to be asst coaches here in warren county that would probaly do it if they are just asked. they are well qualified and played at the next level. i just want to get the hc in here and get started. we are already behind. some kids are working out at home but we need to get more nvolved. we as a community need to get more involved. thru booster club. i can't push it enough there is alot to do and the booster club has the same 10 there month after month you don't have to be a parent to be involved. i just wished all the people on here would show up and help out there is alot to getting fund raisers going. FEB 9th 630 at the cafertira. hope to see alot if new faces there.

Wow why does everyone keep saying Madewell was a great person this and that. He was hired as a football coach. Not a pastor, minister, or anything else. He was hired to win games. He obviously cound'nt do that. Since 4-6 was his best year. Good luck to Madewell, WC and the new coach.

This is the problem with coaching FB in the 21st century. YES, a head coach is hired to teach boys the wonderful game of football and winning games is a big part of the contract but HIGH SCHOOL football is about much more than just winning. Anyone who doesn't understand that has their priorities all screwed up. These are high school kids, not professional athletes. Head coaches do not get to go out and put together a staff in 95% of the high schools in America. You have to raise most of your revenue through endless fundraisers, car washes, and golf scrambles. I could hardly call it just about winning.

Now I'm going to tell you as both a head coach and an assistant coach I have spent many hours helping kids get through high school and that has little to do with my job as a coach under your job description of a coach. I have been a motivator, teacher, coach, guidance counselor, legal adviser, and yes, spiritual adviser and part-time male role model. Any successful head football coach has learned to do many things that are far beyond the call of duty. In the end we all hope we can win the big game, get the gold ring, and have our photo on the cover of Murphy Fair and the Tennessean but it is almost all meaningless in the big scope of things if we do not make a difference in a young man's life. We are TEACHER FIRST and COACHES TOO. IT IS A TWO FOR ONE PACKAGE!

If I have to choose between the gold ring and being a positive influence that changes the life of a handful of young men I will choose the later. I have known some great coaches like Madewell that were better men and coaches than other men who had a better winning percentage. Chris Madewell took a program that was in total disarray after Tidwell through the helmet and hit the kid at halftime. How quickly we forget how far he brought this team. I do not live in WC but I know the whole story. Chris is a first class teacher and coach and I would rather have him coaching my team than about half of the men I know in this business with better winning records because he will teach them how to be men.

This is the problem with coaching FB in the 21st century. YES, a head coach is hired to teach boys the wonderful game of football and winning games is a big part of the contract but HIGH SCHOOL football is about much more than just winning. Anyone who doesn't understand that has their priorities all screwed up. These are high school kids, not professional athletes. Head coaches do not get to go out and put together a staff in 95% of the high schools in America. You have to raise most of your revenue through endless fundraisers, car washes, and golf scrambles. I could hardly call it just about winning.

Now I'm going to tell you as both a head coach and an assistant coach I have spent many hours helping kids get through high school and that has little to do with my job as a coach under your job description of a coach. I have been a motivator, teacher, coach, guidance counselor, legal adviser, and yes, spiritual adviser and part-time male role model. Any successful head football coach has learned to do many things that are far beyond the call of duty. In the end we all hope we can win the big game, get the gold ring, and have our photo on the cover of Murphy Fair and the Tennessean but it is almost all meaningless in the big scope of things if we do not make a difference in a young man's life. We are TEACHER FIRST and COACHES TOO. IT IS A TWO FOR ONE PACKAGE!

If I have to choose between the gold ring and being a positive influence that changes the life of a handful of young men I will choose the later. I have known some great coaches like Madewell that were better men and coaches than other men who had a better winning percentage. Chris Madewell took a program that was in total disarray after Tidwell through the helmet and hit the kid at halftime. How quickly we forget how far he brought this team. I do not live in WC but I know the whole story. Chris is a first class teacher and coach and I would rather have him coaching my team than about half of the men I know in this business with better winning records because he will teach them how to be men.

I saw this on the thread about Cody and I think this sums it up. “Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only ONE thing -the result” Vince Lombardi

I saw this on the thread about Cody and I think this sums it up. “Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only ONE thing -the result” Vince Lombardi

FBCOACH is right.

Coaching football is about more than just winning football games!

Vince Lombardi is one of my heroes but some of his quotes do not apply to the high school game. I'm sorry but we all aren't going to be Carlton Flatt or Gary Rankin. Warren County is a fine high school but they do not have the talent level year in and year out to win 7 or 8 games a year. I saw your team at the MTSU 7-on-7 camp and I could tell they had some good players but it wasn't enough to win many games. The head coach and his staff was never going to make that team into something they could not become. If you think bringing in this new guy from the ARENA leagues and paying him a big salary is going to turn your program around you do not have a clue. Unless he is bringing in some linemen to go with that one huge senior and a couple of serious athletes to go with the two good ones you have, it will be another 4-6 season at best. Good luck to the Pioneers, none of this is the kids fault; they just want to play ball.

Coach Flatt and Rankin are good coaches but could do no better than the coaches that have been at WC. In fact they would not coach at WC because they could not win all the time and they could not handle it. I admire any coach who coaches at a school knowing that winning all the time is not going to happen.