How good in Ensworth really?

blackmanblaze3215

MUS would have beaten Ensworth by three touchdowns. Anyone on here that thinks otheriwise really just hasn't seen both teams play. There is really no comparison to the talent that MUS has.

If figuring out who would win football games and by what margin was simply a matter of watching the teams, betting on football games wouldn't be gambling, it would be a science in which research was a lot of fun. There's a little more to it than that.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUS would have beaten Ensworth by three touchdowns. Anyone on here that thinks otheriwise really just hasn't seen both teams play. There is really no comparison to the talent that MUS has.

I have read your posts on here, and quite frankly, I am starting to think you are full of mierda. (Sorry, but if you're going to call me out for making a "stupid...dumbest, most un-informed post" on that "Is Alcoa The Best Team in Any Classification" thread, then you're going to be subject to a little more scrutiny.)

On November 3, on the "DII Championship...Cookeville" thread, you stated,

I have seen Alcoa Play and also MUS Play this year. I saw the Alcoa -vs-Maryville game, and 3 MUS games this year. Without a doubt and I have no dog in the hunt here, plus I did play in college for 4 years as well and scout talent for an SEC School. In my opinion, MUS would beat Alcoa by at least 3 to 4 touchdowns. The game would not even be close. MUS has so much more talent and is just better coached that it is not funny. I have not seen Ensworth play this year so I cannot make a call on that game.

"No dog in the hunt." Sure. The fact that pretty much all (if not all) of your posts are about MUS is just pure coincidence.

Anyway, you hadn't seen Ensworth play as of November 3. They didn't play again until November 13. The game was not streamed, so you must have been at the MBA-EHS game in person to make such a statement, as that could have been the only Ensworth game you could have seen. And yet, you posted in the wee hours (1:15 AM) of November 14 that "tonight should settle on who is Mr. Football this year. Barry Brunetti hands down.", which would imply that you saw something at the MUS game in Memphis Friday night (or, at best, you drove the three hours straight back to Memphis from Nashville, made your post immediately upon arrival at home about Brunetti based upon prior opinions, and then posted yesterday on the Ensworth game you had to have seen in person Friday night). If you were indeed at the MBA-Ensworth game Friday night, given your Memphis/MUS ties, then you are an MUS coach scouting a future opponent. No one is that much of fan only to travel three hours to see two teams play that aren't his/her own.

Was the Alcoa-Maryville game streamed on the internet? Or, maybe you attended it in person? You seem to be quite omnipresent. You also seem to have seen quite a few teams - all that coincidentally can't come within 3 or 4 TDs of MUS.

We're all homers to some extent, and that is fine. And MUS is undoubtedly worthy of the top billing it gets from all of us. However, there is a pattern to your "homerism" and arrogance that doesn't give you much credibility beyond being just a fan (or coach) from MUS.

Frankly, I probably would not have taken the time to check up on you absent your jack-arse remark on that Alcoa thread. I'm not perfect, but not even my worst enemies on CoachT (and I may have a few in Blount County) are ever that rude.

Hey Rollredroll - I think you should change your user name to "DECTECTIVE GET SMART".

I would guess the perpetrator is a MUS coach too.

I figured some CSI-like reference was inevitable.

Nevertheless, I would be less interested in his comings and goings had he kept his mouth shut on the Alcoa thread. We DII fans may have different teams we root for, but we all back each other up for the most part on the DI threads.

Watched the Ensworth versus BGA game on their website. I guess I should have clarified I never watched EHS in person. But seriously do not care one way or the other and probably should not be posting on these boards to be honest with you. I have no interest in MUS or EHS or any other school. I am not even from Tennessee. Don't get so serious there fella, it is just HS football.

Watched the Ensworth versus BGA game on their website. I guess I should have clarified I never watched EHS in person. But seriously do not care one way or the other and probably should not be posting on these boards to be honest with you. I have no interest in MUS or EHS or any other school. I am not even from Tennessee. Don't get so serious there fella, it is just HS football.

I am reminded every day (and some days more than others) that it's just a game; I can assure you I don't take it too seriously.

I do take "stupid" jabs seriously, though. Surf around on this site - there are certainly enough posts on here, whether from an English language or common sense perspective, worthy of a "stupid" label, and yet not even the youngest or least intelligent posters of such content deserve a dressing down like that.

So with that, I am past it and moving on.

I find it quite amusing how Ensworth has been so hyped up this year everywhere I look. I see they were the number 64 team in the nation. They beat BA by 4 points, Father Ryan by 8, and lost to MBA. Although they put a shlacking on them earlier in the season. Maybe Ensworth was overrated maybe these teams were underrated. Also I read in the paper about Richardson being a future top 5 draft pick. How does a team lose to my thoughts a sub par MBA team but as of late that statement should be thrown out the window Ill give credit where credit is due and MBA has stepped it up recently and they deserve credit. Ensworth is filled with D1 recruits and everyone knows they probably have the "deepest pockets" when it comes to getting kids to go there. Maybe they just overlooked? maybe they dont play together as a team, maybe they dont have any experience as to playoff ball. maybe the week off hurt them, maybe they thought they were going to walk into the state championship because of this? Maybe maybe maybe, I think they were just overrated

I find it quite amusing how Ensworth has been so hyped up this year everywhere I look. I see they were the number 64 team in the nation. They beat BA by 4 points, Father Ryan by 8, and lost to MBA. Although they put a shlacking on them earlier in the season. Maybe Ensworth was overrated maybe these teams were underrated. Also I read in the paper about Richardson being a future top 5 draft pick. How does a team lose to my thoughts a sub par MBA team but as of late that statement should be thrown out the window Ill give credit where credit is due and MBA has stepped it up recently and they deserve credit. Ensworth is filled with D1 recruits and everyone knows they probably have the "deepest pockets" when it comes to getting kids to go there. Maybe they just overlooked? maybe they dont play together as a team, maybe they dont have any experience as to playoff ball. maybe the week off hurt them, maybe they thought they were going to walk into the state championship because of this? Maybe maybe maybe, I think they were just overrated

Ensworth biggest weakness is their depth. They're a small school to start out with so many guys that want to play football. Ensworth made some mistakes down the stretch in the MBA game and since they have a lot of 2 way players the defense was gassed on MBA's final drive.

That's a pretty harsh assessment of an unbeaten team whose wins include Oakland and Smyrna. And while BA and Ryan played them close, as a "bottom line" kind of guy, I would point out that Ensworth won both games. In the one game they lost, they trailed for less than a minute (granted it was the most important minute....). And while MBA has few fans any more devoted than I am, I'll go to my grave convinced that if Ensworth had punted with 4th and 1 and their own 29, they'd be practicing this afternoon.

And let's be clear that I'm not an Ensworth supporter. I wouldn't pull for them with the brakes out on the team bus. But you have to give credit where it's due. They were a very good football team.

RollRedRoll - I was disappointed and somewhat offended by you (especially) and others suggesting bigvalvenus was an MUS coach. FYI, posting on these sites by MUS players and coaches is forbidden explicitly. Obviously, some Nashville schools don't have the same policy. Why don't you talk to Bobby Alston about it? I'm sure he'd like to hear what you think about his staff. Or do you think BigVal IS Bobby Alston???

RollRedRoll - I was disappointed and somewhat offended by you (especially) and others suggesting bigvalvenus was an MUS coach. FYI, posting on these sites by MUS players and coaches is forbidden explicitly. Obviously, some Nashville schools don't have the same policy. Why don't you talk to Bobby Alston about it? I'm sure he'd like to hear what you think about his staff. Or do you think BigVal IS Bobby Alston???

I talked (via e-mail) to Bobby a few years back, as we put together, at his request, an All-Decade Team (All-Decade Team). He was a pleasure to talk to, and I got him to give me some dirt on one of my friends, who was the oldest of a group of brothers who played at MUS in the early-to-mid 80s and later at Vanderbilt. I never have met Bobby, but based on the e-mails and what my friend says about him, it's safe to say I have respect for him and who he chooses to surround himself with on the sidelines.

No, definitely not Bobby. And, no, I didn't really think he was a coach, although I had to put that option out there in the scenario I laid out (to give him the benefit of the doubt had he actually seen the one and only game that he would have been able to see based on previous posts) that he attended EHS-MBA in person last Friday. And, the only way that reasonably would have occurred was if he was a coach scouting, because I don't know many people who would drive that far to see two teams in whom he would have no other interest.

Read the Alcoa thread in question. I don't stir up trouble without provocation (and generally don't with provocation). However, I think I've posted on here long enough to get a little more respect than that (football acumen aside, if by the mere fact that I can make complete, coherent sentences, which, sadly, is not the case with quite a few on this site, although less of an issue on the DII boards). If you are offended, so be it, but the unnecessary call-out on the Alcoa thread was the only reason the inconsistency in previous posts was noted. One can't call someone "stupid", even in the event of an honest mistake (and one's previous posts obviously can be viewed to get a flavor as to whether or not one is somewhat competent), and not expect to be held accountable for his or her own posts. Nevertheless, I said I was past it.