what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

The Rock looked great yesterday, only thing that concerns me is we may need more space. New bleachers only hold 70 or so people, and the place was packed for a scrimmage. I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT WE WILL DO FOR A DISTRICT GAME.As far as the scrimmage being on Sunday, it was originally scheduled for Saturday, the field needed one more day to dry.

Practice over working on the field is a non issue, most of the field work has been done in addition to the normal practice. If we don't get the kids involved in improving the place how can we expect them to take pride in their facilities. I drove up to the field this morning and was pleased to find, not one piece of trash anywhere, every tool put away, the field looked great. That was the kids doing after playing their scrimmage yesterday. I believe it changes their whole mindset when they can take great pride in their facility.

The only thing we need is more workers and less parking lot critics! There is still much to do, but I will assure you that by the time we are finished, Harpeth will have the showcase facility that this team deserves to play on. GO INDIANS!!!!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our pitiful catcher managed to throw out a couple of guys on the basepaths

Speaking of unfair! I never called the kid "pitiful". I was stating the obvious about to many dropped/passed ball 3rd strikes. Never once talked about this batting skills or how hard he works. Blow something out of proportion would why don't you!

Learn the difference between a passed ball and a wild pitch and we'll talk.

The boys seem to be more of "team" yesterday. I love that. Supposedly still too much rust to see the true ability from a performance point of view. The Sunday thing still bothers me but not as bad as you guys are putting on. I know they need to play to improve and play early. I like whats going on so far. I just think the new coach should stick to his word. If he said Sundays off then he should stick to it.

FYI-I do get out of my butt up their and the field does look great. But, again, is it as important as learning the game?

So two weeks of snow and rain and muddy fields doesn't alter plans some? We've only been in school 21 days this year. Where are the boys supposed to 'learn the game'?

It was a great day for baseball, the crowd was enthusiastic and glad to get out of the house for a little while, the Rock is shaping up and everybody is excited about the upcoming season. Go rain on somebody else's parade.

The boys seem to be more of "team" yesterday. I love that. Supposedly still too much rust to see the true ability from a performance point of view. The Sunday thing still bothers me but not as bad as you guys are putting on. I know they need to play to improve and play early. I like whats going on so far. I just think the new coach should stick to his word. If he said Sundays off then he should stick to it.

FYI-I do get out of my butt up their and the field does look great. But, again, is it as important as learning the game?

Get over the Sunday thing, be glad this coach and his assistant coaches are willing to put their family time aside to make Harpeth a better program. You have to have the field in shape to be able to use it and the boys should be a big part of getting it ready. If the coach had not had the boys work on it after practices and the help of some dedicated parents and coaches you would have had to travel to Springfield for the scrimmage. Kudos to the coaches for having the scrimmage!!!!!!!!! :roll:

our pitiful catcher managed to throw out a couple of guys on the basepaths

Speaking of unfair! I never called the kid "pitiful". I was stating the obvious about to many dropped/passed ball 3rd strikes. Never once talked about this batting skills or how hard he works. Blow something out of proportion would why don't you!

Learn the difference between a passed ball and a wild pitch and we'll talk.

I don't think he would drop a third stike, he might miss one if its thrown in the dirt.

Cheatham started spring FOOTBALL practice today so that the 4 or 5 players that play both can participate. Is anyone else doing this?

Also what do think about baseball players suiting up in pads during baseball season, seems risky to me. :hungry:

Baseball players should not be required to participate in spring practice, that is to risky.

I just have to ask... What is the big deal about a Sunday scrimmage? Summer tournaments are played on Sunday. Is that a big deal? Most college baseball ends a weekend series on Sunday. MLB does the same. Yes I know these are high school kids but those same high school kids that play travel baseball play on Sundays during the summer. Was it during church hours? If not then what is the big deal. I really don't know the situation besides reading everyone’s post and maybe I shouldn't post on the subject but I would be willing to bet 90% of the kids on both teams did not mind scrimmaging on a Sunday. The coach may have said that the team would not do anything on Sundays but with the weather Tennessee has experience the last couple of weeks plans change. Some teams have yet to get on the field period. I'm sure the players for both teams were excited to finally play in a live game. It's been a while for all of them. By the way everyone talks about the stands being packed it seems that most of the parents didn't mind the kids playing on a Sunday. The players, parents, grandparents, coaches, umps, etc were all enjoying a beautiful day for baseball.

Sounds like Harpeth has done a ton of work to the field and facility. Good for them! Everyone should enjoy it more now. I think players’ working on a field to improve and take care of it is a must. Players will take pride in it and want to keep the field looking nice. Players enjoy playing at fields that is top notch. It's always nice to hear coaches, players, and parents from the other team talk about how nice a field and facility is.

It also sounds like the coach is doing a good job and has Harpeth baseball program headed in the right direction.

Good luck to Harpeth this season. I know a few of the players. I hope they have a great year!