what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Willie!

We borrowed some ideas from places that we've been this past year and then put our own twist on it.

The bleachers are top notch and the boys have put a lot of sweat equity into their field. You coming up for any games?

Yes. I'm going to do my best to make a couple. that was a great post you wrote willie really enjoyed seeing your point of view we all could learn a little something from it .. any word on foriest rumor has it that he may have an injury to his pitching arm,i sure hope not and if is true hope not too bad,,,

Apparently a few boys quit. Rumor is they cant handle Coach Jones' new discipline and commitment requirement. Not sure, but it might be addition by subtraction.

And...I hear administration is wanting to know why so many are quitting. Didn't they hire him to clean things up?

I don't like everything he does....but he is trying to improve the team mentally and physically.

Any word on Foriest? Who are the other pitchers if he is out? Presley and Morris are back but did one of them quit?

It seems to me it is not the coach but the players and parents. Ever since the Coach Winkler debacle in football a couple years ago it seems like every year we are hearing trouble about Harpeth athletics. I don't think every coach they bring in would bring this many people quitting. So what is the problem? How can the administrators fix it?

Had 2 or 3 two sport guys that picked a sport I think. Nothing major. No major revolt or anything like the old football stuff. It's been very positive for the most part. About the same sort of attrition that Harpeth had in the Frasier days.

They get a lot done at practice, they're worked hard and they are finding out what high school baseball is all about from a preparation standpoint and work ethic. Nobody's been run off or kicked off that I know of. There's healthy competition for spots. We're still talking about a roster of 24-26. Some guys are figuring out what their roles are going to be.

Presley and Morris are back. No word on Nathan yet. Keeping our fingers crossed for a healthy return soon.

Just my opinion but... the administration is a big part of the problem. By giving the parents an opportunity to circumvent the coach. I would expect the coach and the admin would present a united front to the parents, it's the only way to make it work. If the admin has a problem with something the coach is doing that should be dealt with privately. Wonder if Ms. Emery will be calling pitches soon... This micromanagement has got to end. You hire a guy to do the job, let him do his job his way with full authority on the baseball field day to day. If he's not doing his job, fire him and she can coach third base. How many of our administrators have any background or knowledge of playing athletics or team sports in general.

Jones has come in and restored Harpeth's pride and discipline in a short period of time. This may be part of the problem, we have come so far in so short of a period of time. Most of these players have not seen discipline and structure on a baseball field since Little League,( if they had a good coach). The only ones that came in prepared are the freshman who played for Pomeroy last year.

Parents need to figure out quickly that, this is the guy, and the program, their children need. Teaching them to whine and quit will not help them develop into the men they all hope to someday be. Every time we get a decent coach ie. Fraser, Jones, a few parents feel their kid is being mistreated and cry foul. Grow up, get over yourself and take the blinders off to see the bigger picture. It is a process, you have to give it time! I can assure you this program is on the way up, with or withou you!

Just my opinion but... the administration is a big part of the problem. By giving the parents an opportunity to circumvent the coach. I would expect the coach and the admin would present a united front to the parents, it's the only way to make it work. If the admin has a problem with something the coach is doing that should be dealt with privately. Wonder if Ms. Emery will be calling pitches soon... This micromanagement has got to end. You hire a guy to do the job, let him do his job his way with full authority on the baseball field day to day. If he's not doing his job, fire him and she can coach third base. How many of our administrators have any background or knowledge of playing athletics or team sports in general.

Jones has come in and restored Harpeth's pride and discipline in a short period of time. This may be part of the problem, we have come so far in so short of a period of time. Most of these players have not seen discipline and structure on a baseball field since Little League,( if they had a good coach). The only ones that came in prepared are the freshman who played for Pomeroy last year.

Parents need to figure out quickly that, this is the guy, and the program, their children need. Teaching them to whine and quit will not help them develop into the men they all hope to someday be. Every time we get a decent coach ie. Fraser, Jones, a few parents feel their kid is being mistreated and cry foul. Grow up, get over yourself and take the blinders off to see the bigger picture. It is a process, you have to give it time! I can assure you this program is on the way up, with or withou you!

I couldn't have said it better myself. The only part I disagree with is the part about only the freshmen came in prepared. There are a few(4 or 5) that have played summer or fall ball with teams that were structured and disciplined. Let the coach coach and the rest will fall into place. If we loose a few players along the way then so be it. I just wish my son could have had coaches like coach Jones and Pomeroy his entire high school career. We are on our 6th coach since starting middle school ball, programs and players can not develop when the schools have a different coach each year. I hope the school is able to keep Coach Jones and Coach Pomeroy around for years to come for everyone sake.

creekwood varsity scrimmages davidson acad.. @ 4 pm today.. Cox will probably start and Donaldson relieve..should be great time @ the wood and weather too. Thanks again coach s for the extra effort you guys are putting in to make this a great season for our young men..

Cw had a pretty good day at the yard. all pitchers threw really well. The hitters had some good timely hits to put them over top today. Some underclassmen stepped up to the plate with some clutch hits late in the game. Cw still has some work to do, but i think they are heading in the right direction. Keep it up Cw.