what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how was i talkin smack?? i said "harpeth was on their A game" cw was on their D game... and well if someones gonna get on here and take offence to some "kid" then YOU shldnt be on here...i am a dedicated CW fan and i wasnt being a sore loser, harpeth was the sore winner,,but oh well...

Emotionally charged series are what makes High School baseball so good. You can really tell when the games mean so much to the kids. I think this season has been much better as far as the rivalries go. Creekwood had very vocal fans in attendance at the Rock and that justs adds to the atmosphere. I think both teams have some respect for the others ability, they just really enjoy beating each other. When it comes to a player getting injured, Ouryear needs to keep his mouth shut. It was clearly unintentional and could have been much worse. We dont want to get that started, just play the game!

i need to keep my mouth shut?? no COACH u need to keep ur mouth shut..not once did i say Thank God this kid got hit in the head or was hoopin and hollerin about this kid gettin hit or jus runnin my mouth the kid gettin hit but i did say he'd need a "speedy" recovery , so they cld have a chance at beatin CW in the tourney,,,get ur facts straight old man

by ouryear » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

i need to keep my mouth shut?? no COACH u need to keep ur mouth shut..not once did i say Thank God this kid got hit in the head or was hoopin and hollerin about this kid gettin hit or jus runnin my mouth the kid gettin hit but i did say he'd need a "speedy" recovery , so they cld have a chance at beatin CW in the tourney,,,get ur facts straight old man

^^^^^^^ True Bad as$ here men... Congrats "ouryear" you get 15 cool points.

haha yeah harpeths gonna need him to have a "speedy" recovery cause that loss was a fluke, creek wood was playin their "D" game and harpeths was their "A" game and barely got away with win,,,it wont happen again trust me

Here is your quote, when you lead off with a laugh it kinda sets the tone for your thoughts. A player taking a fastball to the head resulting in a concussion is not funny nor does it need to be made light of. You don't have to stop posting, just use a little common sense and pull for your team to play their best. We will wait and see how the year plays out. Too bad about the undefeated season, I guess it was appropriate that Harpeth be the one to spoil that.

haha yeah harpeths gonna need him to have a "speedy" recovery cause that loss was a fluke, creek wood was playin their "D" game and harpeths was their "A" game and barely got away with win,,,it wont happen again trust me

Here is your quote, when you lead off with a laugh it kinda sets the tone for your thoughts. A player taking a fastball to the head resulting in a concussion is not funny nor does it need to be made light of. You don't have to stop posting, just use a little common sense and pull for your team to play their best. We will wait and see how the year plays out. Too bad about the undefeated season, I guess it was appropriate that Harpeth be the one to spoil that.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but hey Harpeth didn't have to worry about an undefeated season after Montgomery Central earlier this season :popcorneater:

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but hey Harpeth didn't have to worry about an undefeated season after Montgomery Central earlier this season :popcorneater::popcorneater:

Sounded so nice, he posted it twice.

Meh. Just keep high school rivalries in perspective. That's all the adults are saying. Things that are life and death when you are 17 aren't even on your radar even 5 years down the road. Getting hit in the head with a baseball can be a life changing event. Losing a high school baseball game is not 99% of the time.

There are some adults that need proper perspective too. JV tournament this weekend, I witnessed an adult standing up by the fence yelling 'Punch him. Hit that punk!' after a physical play at the plate. There's no room for that crap in high school baseball and that adult is lucky he didn't have to find out just how liable he might be if something bad had resulted from his losing perspective. Of course my kid is tore up like most of you big kids/young men with very little life experience to fall back on. He's ranting and raving as we're walking across the parking lot after the game. Put my hand on his shoulder and said, "Hey, the reality is it's a freakin' high school baseball game. Don't sweat the small stuff."

Yep KS... mine was in an uproar too... and the talk was chattering so much come Monday that I got two phone calls about it from others. The reality is that it's ok to cheer on your team, or get in their butts... even chewing on "blue" a few times is alright... but when parents start making direct comments to players on the field they have crossed the line. Kids loose their cool - it's a fact. They don't have the "what if" factor brain matter yet... but adults do! If you're singling out players on the opposing team out of frustration... you should be ashamed of yourself.

However, if Mr. Punch'em from Overton wants to step up to the plate... well I'm not a 17 year old baseball player...