Shelbyville and 8AAA

TIDEFAN

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game from start to finish. If you look at the box score the team leaders matched each other. It was the other players that made the difference in the end for their team. If we could have hit a free throw or a 3 pointer things could have end up different.

Maybe we can do what they did to us last year in the tournament. :geek:

Thanks to each team for a great show :roflolk::geek:

Congrats to Lawrence Co. I think they can go undefeated in the season. They have one more game

Are you talking about regular season or district? No doubt they can run the table in the district, but they have two regular season losses.

Not sure what you are asking but Lawrence Co can go undefeated for the season when they beat Columbia. That is their last district game. Last year Shelbyville went undefeated during the season and lost to Lawrence Co in the district tournament Championship game. I am hoping we can do the same this year to them. We may can or may not. Lawrence Co is a good team.

But the standings would not have changed with these two teams with either a win or lost last night.

1 Lawrence Co. 9-0 Has Columbia left to play

2 Shelbyville 6-3 Has Tullahoma left to play

3 Lincoln Co. 5-4 Has Franklin Co left to play

4 Columbia 3-5 Has Lawrence Co left to play

5 Franklin Co. 3-5 Has Lincoln Co left to play

6 Tullahoma 0-9 Has Shelbyville left to play

Does anyone thinks things will change after these games. How are ties settled? You could have some if Lincoln Co beats Franklin Co and Tullahoma beats Shelbyville. Or Columbia beats Lawrence Co and Franklon Co beats Lincoln Co.

Only thing for sure Lawrence Co has won the Season. Next is Tournament.

I think that 1st & 2nd place get a bye in this year tournament but not sure. 3 will play 6, 4 will play 5, Then winner of 3 & 6 play 1, winner of 4 & 5 play 2. I'm I right. 6 will play at 3 and 5 will play at 4.

Then we all go to Columbia Saturday for Semis and back Monday or Tuesday for Championship game.

1 Lawrence Co. 9-0 Has Columbia left to play

2 Shelbyville 6-3 Has Tullahoma left to play

3 Lincoln Co. 5-4 Has Franklin Co left to play

4 Columbia 3-5 Has Lawrence Co left to play

5 Franklin Co. 3-5 Has Lincoln Co left to play

6 Tullahoma 0-9 Has Shelbyville left to play

Does anyone thinks things will change after these games. How are ties settled? You could have some if Lincoln Co beats Franklin Co and Tullahoma beats Shelbyville. Or Columbia beats Lawrence Co and Franklon Co beats Lincoln Co.

Only thing for sure Lawrence Co has won the Season. Next is Tournament.

I think that 1st & 2nd place get a bye in this year tournament but not sure. 3 will play 6, 4 will play 5, Then winner of 3 & 6 play 1, winner of 4 & 5 play 2. I'm I right. 6 will play at 3 and 5 will play at 4.

Then we all go to Columbia Saturday for Semis and back Monday or Tuesday for Championship game.

That is usually how 6-team tournaments are drawn up, but some district's do different things. As for tie-breaker rules, they tend to change from district to district as well I believe. Many districts look at head-to-head records between teams that are tied first. If you are only dealing with two teams and they split with one another, then I think they go to a coin flip.

As for the Lawrence County/Shelbyville game, I listened to it on the radio while I was attending another game. It sounded like a great one. That halftime basket by Hunt of Lawrence County was a huge momentum builder for Lawrence County. Luffman had a huge second half for Lawrence County, and Graves was solid for Shelbyville all night long. A great battle between these two rival schools. Probably going to be at least one more before the year is done.