Karns Wins

stopdamadness

Not sure what you are trying to say "sdm"...was that English? Stay positive Karns boosters...if it is as bad as you are trying to say, work for change the right way. If you run this guy off, no coach in his right mind, would come there. You also need to be aware that there need to be teaching positions for the new folks. It is easy to talk about replacing HS coaches, like they do college, but much more difficult than the uninformed know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so you understand this is english, these guys are terrible they treated us like we were idiots fine exsample having us hold cards when we have the plays on our wrist, thats the way kwcoach hang onto guys that are terrible terrible leaders because we are scared no one else will come, ya and all 15 or so of our supporting boosters hang in there with your guy and we will be happy to have the 560 or so we have on our side. kw you probably are one of the coaches what a joke boosters hang in there. one of the best coaches we had at khs would be happy to be the head coach and guess what he has had a winning record ever where he has been except karns for one year, funny he had all the wins he did as an oc except for the one year he coached us at khs. i tell you we wont stop until we have at least a 1000 signatures and ya someone will listen even if it has to be the news media bet that.

oh we will and I already know what this thread says bout coach Gray though you guys said it doesn't matter about what is said on here nobody worries bout it according to you. do a little research on the guys that are here now ask th ekids that have played fro them for past 2 years, i hope you topray,kw,bigt can pull together ur 20 or so boosters cause we have an ace in th ehole that will be suppling enough info to crush anything we have cant wait until the info is made public

Coach Gray was very respected by most all the boys on the team he coached at Karns my son for one said many many times that Coach Gray was by far the most respectful and positive coach on th estaff his freshman year. We still have allot of very good freinds at Karns and from most all of them their attitude is allot like is being said on this forum, get rid of this staff clean house even the A.D. you see we are now at HVA and for all you that want to post about the changes I can tell you without a doubt my son would still be there with his friends and I won't speak for all the guys that left there but, I do know that two others would have stayed as well if changes were made. Won't commit on the varsity my sons freshman year because most of our time was spent in freshman ball other than the few times that he and others dressed. It was just not a good year for us and many others on that squad the boys were treated like they played at another school, HC spent zero time with them we never knew who was coaching them from day to day, when my son was asked to dress on a friday night he said the HC was throwing hammers in the locker room and ranting about how bad the team was and telling the boys they didn't deserve to be on the field ranting about how them the players were going to get him fired. You see all this going back in fourth isn't good for the community but, the community don't play for this coach they go watch and support the young men that are on the field seeing only the positive side of the coaches shaking hands smiling about and generally being positive, what you don't see is what the boys see and here from the coaches during the week and during the game. I would not allow my son to dress anymore after his second time on friday night due to the fact that he and the others spoke of very bad commints towards the players and even coaches yelling at each other so loud in the coaches office you could here them cursing at one another, even came home one day after practice and said two of the coaches almost got in a fight in the coaches office, so the bottom line is this I for one as a past supporter of the Karns program would love to see some changes chances are it won't happen because the coaches will say the kids are lying or they streched the story because they didn't play or the coach made them run or the kid just wants attention what ever the reasons instead of worring about Coach Gray and what this forum says bad about him maybe you should take a look at what is said about your coaches. Seems to be about 3 to 1 negative post about the Karns football program and that a shame considering it reflects on the kids as much as the coaches. Goodluck with your attemps in change, maybe you will see some good out of your attemps.

SDM, I am a coach but not at your school. I have no dog in the fight...my son plays baseball. I just don't think I have read anything on this site that indicates a reason for the lynch-mob mentality. Holding up signs with plays on them? A lot of teams do that, even in college. I don't really care how many people agree with me or how many are on a petition. The ones that matter are the ones who have what it takes to communicate with the administration after having communicated with the current head coach.

kw no lynch-mob here just some ex players that have tride to have a voice but it falls on deaf ears because of the admin doesnt care about our football team or sports in general, my parents approached the admin to have their complaints fall on the same deaf ears, some of us past team mates want our football program to change for the better and if the was the guy we would be happy, whats interesting is you say you dont have a dog in the fight but have strong words to say in past post. well so you know we're not trying to get rid of a coaching staff we are going to get rid of them even if it takes us 2 years.

Having read through most of this thread and having no dog in the fight I would submit that if the community is as upset about the goings on or lack there of at KHS then it is their prerogative to engage in measures that may or may not lead to change. Community support is huge when it comes to a successful program. They must , however realize that when the change takes place that they should settle back into the support function role and not try and control the programs every action. That being said I have a good friend who had a son play at KHS several years ago and he often told me of things, that I could hardly get my mind around, that went on in the program. He was very displeased with the treatment of the players and commitment of the staff. On several occasions I even tried to get him to move out to where I reside so his son could get some of the best coaching in the state. In hindsight he wished he had but whats done is done. I will offer this opinion and leave it to you all to decide, Do what you feel you must do for your children and your community , do it for the right reasons and most of all do it with as much class and dignity as you can. It will be hard but remember when it is all said and done it is you all that will be left cleaning up the mess and picking up the pieces. I wish you success in you undertaking and success in the programs future.

Hey Guys. You've said a lot about the previous two years. The personality and experience of the person may affect the time required and overall degree of success, but people do sometimes change (hopefully for the better). I heard a few comments about player fights at practice during the summer (which seems fairly normal) but nothing about coaching behavior like some of you describe. What do you hear from this year's seniors regarding the behavior and/or attitude of the coaching staff?

I think there was only like 10 or 15 sr this year never got a count, I hang out with a couple and just from what they said it was much of the same. The wierdest thing this season was the plastic snake deal when the hc bit its head off other locker room times had the hc yelling as always. After most home games the applebees by best buy has allot of old khs players and exsiting many many of our tables would talk about the same thing how bad the coaches lied and how they allowed their special pets to do what ever they wanted I wont say my teammates name but our sr year he came to practice more than once feeling some effects and everyone new it even the coaches and he still started every friday. after the halls game ther ways bout 25 khs players at the get together and one of the younger guys says it was unreal how the coaches allowed the team to say the f word and any other things they wanted without ever saying a word about it at least Fulkerson would run ya if he heard anything like that.

Hey SDM, thanks for giving some solid info...I think people would be more interested in your cause if there was more information like what you gave in the last post. I would hope that a list of problems would be presented to the administration.

Yes, goKarns, I have had some strong words for the mob, that's just because, as a hs coach, I understand that it is easy for people that are angry about playing time or something like that to take shots at you. (Been there, experienced that, not fun)

I also know some of the current seniors. I know some stories about negativity, some stuff about broken promises (which is lying but some people actually don't do it on purpose), some comments about special pets, but nothing near what I'd heard (and you experienced) the 1st two years. As far as the snakes go, coaches are always looking for successful motivational techniques. I seem to remember that about five yrs ago the Mississippi State coach brought in a bull and had it castrated in front of the team --- I suppose it was a sign that they were going to cut the nuts off their opponents? Maybe Coach R should have used a real snake? As far as the f word I don't know what most team rules are but young people seem to be allowed to be a lot more loose with their language than when I was young. I've heard accounts of very surprising conversations that took place between girls at school. And the level of blatantly open public display affection (PDA) at school shocked me the 1st time I saw it. To me it's a matter of whether it's disrespect to specific rules set by authority. As far as paying a price for bad behavior, there was major sprint running the summer afternoon of the fights at practice and there was even more running for the guys who committed unsportsmanlike or roughing penalties during the Oak Ridge game. I still think we have a lot of similar views about the overall situation, just some different thoughts on the best approach to a solution.