Karns Wins

stopdamadness

coaching jobs listed on ct seems to be allot of them , what gets me is they all probably are open due to losing seasons, we dont want change just cause of losing seasons we want change cause we the players deserve better than what we have been dealt. one of my favorite coaches at karns always said to me winning isnt really that important whats important is learning how to do the all things we do as a team and regardless of all the negative or bad things listed on here bout the past few years we all need to keep in mind that we are just young men learning a little here and thr and it sure should not be the worst experince we have as a team a community or as individuals, drive for change and let everyone know the little things do matter to us.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coaching jobs listed on ct seems to be allot of them , what gets me is they all probably are open due to losing seasons, we dont want change just cause of losing seasons we want change cause we the players deserve better than what we have been dealt. one of my favorite coaches at karns always said to me winning isnt really that important whats important is learning how to do the all things we do as a team and regardless of all the negative or bad things listed on here bout the past few years we all need to keep in mind that we are just young men learning a little here and thr and it sure should not be the worst experince we have as a team a community or as individuals, drive for change and let everyone know the little things do matter to us.

Strong post...good job!

great post gokarns, kw, see ur point to let yo know all the guys that have posted on here played allot in games and some wr starters, like gk said were not so much upset bout Ws and Ls , we went through two years being told all this great stuff lets see dont miss a workout and the guys that dont would be treated to a steak dinner didnt happen went to wing place just stuff like that and then always being blamed for the games we knew it was up to us but being told everyday that you r sh_ _ of terrible will an does get u to believe that. not sure who would make better but it cant get worse. i know this maybe not the best way but we want to be heard and i think when we hand over the work that we have done someone has to take it seriously maybe if not we'll just keep on til somebody does.

Haven't been on in a while, looks like the talk continues both for an against, I have posted and at times sounded very negative towards the team but my displeasure is with the way things are done in general with our young men on the football team. anyone that pays attention can here foul languge on the sidelines but, really if that was the only problem I think we could fix that over time, the things that are not acceptable is players still being allowed to play when they do as SDM posted and my son has told the same stories. From my understanding most of these coaches are up for tenure, someone posted earlier that teaching jobs have to be open well it seems there could be just that. Questions to ask, why do we have kids transfer to other schools with out moving? why do kids that are out of the program feel so strong about this whole thing? why do we feel things are going well when we have so many people signing a petition? why does the administration not address issues that the kids have addressed before? when does the admin start to look at team performance as an indicator of other issues? from what my son as been told the AD says Karns is right on the edge of turning it around? he also has been told by a few of the players they will not be back next year, so community when do we ask these questions when we lose 1, 5 10 young men to other activities outside of school how about lets forget about winning and losing games and think about winning kids to a positive school team experince, I know we can't have it 100% perfect but it sure would be nice to try when it comes to our bouys and girls.

Haven't been on in a while, looks like the talk continues both for an against, I have posted and at times sounded very negative towards the team but my displeasure is with the way things are done in general with our young men on the football team. anyone that pays attention can here foul languge on the sidelines but, really if that was the only problem I think we could fix that over time, the things that are not acceptable is players still being allowed to play when they do as SDM posted and my son has told the same stories. From my understanding most of these coaches are up for tenure, someone posted earlier that teaching jobs have to be open well it seems there could be just that. Questions to ask, why do we have kids transfer to other schools with out moving? why do kids that are out of the program feel so strong about this whole thing? why do we feel things are going well when we have so many people signing a petition? why does the administration not address issues that the kids have addressed before? when does the admin start to look at team performance as an indicator of other issues? from what my son as been told the AD says Karns is right on the edge of turning it around? he also has been told by a few of the players they will not be back next year, so community when do we ask these questions when we lose 1, 5 10 young men to other activities outside of school how about lets forget about winning and losing games and think about winning kids to a positive school team experince, I know we can't have it 100% perfect but it sure would be nice to try when it comes to our bouys and girls.

Just an outsider looking in, and I hate to see such dissarray at a school, especially for players who really love the sport. One big question that all need to ponder, What quality coach would chance coming to a place that is a torn apart as this. Your problems will only be solved when all try to help.

Good Luck :thumb:

WOW WOW WOW, 616 signatures and 36 letters we will be getting our stuff ready, bigt,topray and any other of you guys that lov the coaching staff we called to day to get our appointment havent heard the date yet copies will be traveling to the knox countny offices asap. will keep posted on the date everyone is fired up bout getting this done great job guys see ya at meeting that will finally let people know what a bunch of idiots we had to deal with

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on the meeting. Are you going to send your letter to the media? Why don't you post it on this thread? I do have one suggestion. As a previous contributor pointed out, some of the grammar and/or spelling on the posts hasn't been outstanding. I'm thinking this was just because someone wanted to get some comments on the board very quickly. But, especially if your letter is going out to a number of public venues, you might want to make sure you get one of your best "wordsmith" guys involved in writing/editing it.

It's nice to see a quietness come over this thread. Here's a good verse for this time of year:

Luke 2:13-14

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying - Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace and good will toward men".

I wonder if "good will toward men" includes football coaches?

A long term resident of Karns made this suggestion to me.

"If there are 616 people who feel strongly enough about improving the future of Karns football to sign a petition, why doesn't each of them instead donate $50 toward the program? This could fund a number of smaller improvements or even be designated as a significant down payment toward the field house that program supporters would love to see built".

Bless you.

Topray, there is no if about it we have nine pages with 616 signatures there was over 700 but, we only took the ones that included address and phone. I for one would not give $5.00 to the program with the leadership is has now, you love em so much you give it to them. The lateset is we were told that no meetings will be granted until after the holiday break tentative date is week of Jan 11, 2010. Nothing as settled down other then this thread, it has more to do with us meeting and getting our ducks in a row, we will find out if the Knox County Admin believes in the current situation at Karns or if this as been a waste of time, instead of wasting 7k on our practice field maybe they should use that money to invite some better coaches. Not trying to do anything other than get our program the leadership it deserves.

Baller,

Interesting point about "no if about it". I recall one former poster asking which Quik Shop market to visit to sign the petition and no answer was ever given. The only sources that claim such a petition exists are a few posters from this thread and you, GoKarns, StopDaMadness, etc might all be the same person! I'm certain that many of us who aren't in the supposed 616 believe we're just as much a part of "the real Karns family" as those in your group. I'm very interested in seeing the petition just to be able to check out who it is that considers themselves to be part of such an elite group who’s so sure of what needs to be done for/to the football program. I'm also very interested to see if your group actually includes any of the people (players, parents, coaches, etc) with the greatest current stake in the situation. I really like that last “Peace on earth; good will toward men” verse the prayman put up. I think it might be worth reading a few more times during the holidays. In the meantime I'll repeat my earlier request --- how about throwing that petition up here on the thread for us all to see. Who knows, maybe Dr. McIntyre is a CoachT reader? :thumb:

Did you go to the banquet this afternoon? It was a very positive, uplifting event.