Walkenvol

It might be a good time to point out that while Walkenvol is a large McCallie supporter, he also puts in tons of effort for other programs in the area. I know he went to a DI school (State Champ during the Civil War, ha ha) and I've heard of efforts to help build a new wrestling room for another DI school. I appreciate his efforts for unification and it's disappointing to hear him bashed all the time. I honestly feel that it wouldn't matter if EVERY DI and DII coach in the state said "let's go back to one division", the TSSAA wouldn't allow just one sport to combine again without the others.

Wrestling needs fans like Walkenvol and his ideas along with many of the others that post here. It would be great to see the bashing stop but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for your efforts for the wrestling community Walkenvol.

xbody

xbody,

Its the nature of message boards that some people like to discuss topics while others choose to stay on the sideline and only throw out insults. If you want to enjoy lively debate, then inevitably the mud slingers show up to work their craft. Personally, I choose to ignore them the same way I choose to ignore road rage while driving. If you don't respond to their insults, they tend to go away.

Thanks for the kind words, but mostly thanks for what you and coach Fulhart are doing now with the open practices. If a young wrestler was lucky enough to be at one of the top programs, then he probably had access to off season practices. Now the playing field is a little more level no matter what school you attend.

I too happen to know that Walkenvol supports wrestling in many ways. He has coached kids wrestling for years and like Xbody said, spent hundreds of hours and funds of his own this last summer creating a wrestling room for a DI school. His son is at McCallie because he wants a top notch education for him. Naturally he wants what is best for his family. He and his wife work very hard and sacrifice to make it happen. I happen to enjoy Walkenvols's passionate talk and he backs it by walking the walk. He puts the boys first and foremost. DI or DII, it does not matter. Would it not be great if all our DI and DII coaches and TSSAA administators do the same? All of us should take it from Walkenvol and voice our ideas and quit the politics. Get out there and make it happen for the sport in general, creating a better environment for all. Enough bashing, and say something positive!!!! :D