#6 Gallatin (8-3) @ #1 Henry Co. (10-1)

Gtowner

Just got done watching the great game these two teams played in 1992. I suspect we will see another great game tommorow night. Looking foward to meeting some of yall In Henry County.

LETS GOOOO!!! GREEN WAVE!!!

Do you have that game on VHS or DVD?

I have the game on VHS (sorry I know this was not directed at me). I need to get it converted over. The game was filmed by the local cable station and I do remember that they had problems with the feed and it rolled alot that night. I also have the highlights taped from channel 5 and 4 I know.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for the construction on Dover Road near the Stewart County/Montgomery County line, and construction near Stewart County High School/Papa Rock areas. Cones are everywhere. Plus Dover Road near the City of Dover is a speed trap near the bridge entering Dover and through the town. They will ticket you if you are over the speed limit. Plus Clarksville Traffic is horrible around 4 in the evening when everyone from Ft. Campbell and the city get off. You may want to leave as soon as you can to beat all the traffic.

Happy Friday the 13th all!

I know the 4 or 5 in my group are leaving at 3:30 but I think the buses are leaving at 3. This is the first time in many moons that the school is closing early....man that used to be so much fun!! Back in the old days (did I just say that) the Gallatin student body would all carpool to the games and take over the bleachers.

Hey how big is the visitor side anyway?

Game Day Baby! Yeah, that's right - it's going to be one for the ages! I would like to piggyback what Red Warrior said in that this group of posters from Gallatin are 1st class and I hope to meet each of you on the practice field tailgating tonight. I love to hear about school closing early, that is a true sign of school spirit and support of the program. Gametime weather is going to be perfect. Cool and crisp but not frigid. But for those cold natured there will be a fire lit at our tailgate station.

All right Patriots and all the Big Red faithful, this is our time to shine. We need to show our grit on the gridiron and our hospitality in the stands. Lets make this game the best across this great state of ours. Bring that Power Defense like you know you can, and let the Red Machine Roll on offense. Get R Dun!!!

Gallatin Green Wave, welcome to Big Red Nation...

Let's Get It ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Just read the Paris paper and it looks like Gaddis is up to his usual tricks like when Gallatin used to play Oak Ridge. He always fired up the home team saying things that weren't quite completely legit. I paraphrase...their coaches told me that their fans will get their early and will probably sit on the home side because they don't mind doing that....c'mon I don't believe for one minute that was said like that. It is more like if and when we fill up the visitor side then we sit wherever there is space but most will stand along the fence. Last time Gallatin played Oak Ridge up there at home and he was the coach he talked about them getting disrespect by the local paper which was not true. He said....I guess they don't realize we get their local paper and see what is being said...which it was all complimentary. But anyway it just adds to the fans getting fired up thinking that Gallatin is going to take over Paris. Hopefully we will have a good crowd but trust me Gallatin will fill up the visitor side way before they go for other options. Nice try Joe....

Looking forward to meeting some of the Henry Co people and seeing a great football game!

Just read the Paris paper and it looks like Gaddis is up to his usual tricks like when Gallatin used to play Oak Ridge. He always fired up the home team saying things that weren't quite completely legit. I paraphrase...their coaches told me that their fans will get their early and will probably sit on the home side because they don't mind doing that....c'mon I don't believe for one minute that was said like that. It is more like if and when we fill up the visitor side then we sit wherever there is space but most will stand along the fence. Last time Gallatin played Oak Ridge up there at home and he was the coach he talked about them getting disrespect by the local paper which was not true. He said....I guess they don't realize we get their local paper and see what is being said...which it was all complimentary. But anyway it just adds to the fans getting fired up thinking that Gallatin is going to take over Paris. Hopefully we will have a good crowd but trust me Gallatin will fill up the visitor side way before they go for other options. Nice try Joe....

Looking forward to meeting some of the Henry Co people and seeing a great football game!

We don't have to rely on Gaddis to tell us anything about the Gallatin crowds. I was here in 1992, and Henry County fans know how supportive your fans are both in numbers and volume. That was one of the biggest crowds in Patriot Stadium EVER (maybe the biggest). He has talked about how early your fans got to Oak Ridge when he was there, and from what I remember from 1992, he is correct. This game is a classic match up of two class programs and the best fans anywhere. I am glad that the weather is so great. Have a safe trip.

I wasn't here in 1992 but that game is sure on the minds of lots of fans that I have gotten to know in the last few years. This crowd and atmosphere stands to be electric. I have never heard so many references to a past game. Of course, as a coach for so many years, I never got to be a part of this side of things. This is actually fun, and I have never seen Gallatin play, but I almost feel as if I were in attendance at the 1992 game. You fans have no idea how little coaches get to experience this fun side of the games. It is all pressure and preparation, and then more of the same, win or lose, except in the playoffs, when the pressure is more intense because it's win or you are done. This is the most fun I have had in years and I am not even from here.