Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

We need to recruit the halls of DB today !! I was at the track meet the other day and thought of coach Archer{John Amos} when he saw Nanu{Jan-Michael Vincent}in the movie "The worlds greatest Athlete".We have some fine athletes that need to be playing football. I told one of our best football players he needs to recruit one super athlete for sure and he said they have tried but the young man doesn't want to play.What a difference a few more speed guys would make !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"O" My,what a team we are going to have !! The only problem I see at the skill positions is getting all the talent on the field !! Having depth on the line will be the key to a great year.The knew player is flat out a stud player.We looked good and didn't have Chris or the other track stars.Unless we have unthinkable breakdowns like in a few games last year,I don't see more than a couple of teams giving us a hard time before the playoffs.I won't be able to see much more of the spring,but I'm pretty fired up about what I seen today and hope somebody will keep us updated here.I'm going back to the playoffs two years ago and the hopes we had allready.I know we have not won a game and have the red rebels and all,but I'm pretty fired up after today !!

"O" My,what a team we are going to have !! The only problem I see at the skill positions is getting all the talent on the field !! Having depth on the line will be the key to a great year.The knew player is flat out a stud player.We looked good and didn't have Chris or the other track stars.Unless we have unthinkable breakdowns like in a few games last year,I don't see more than a couple of teams giving us a hard time before the playoffs.I won't be able to see much more of the spring,but I'm pretty fired up about what I seen today and hope somebody will keep us updated here.I'm going back to the playoffs two years ago and the hopes we had allready.I know we have not won a game and have the red rebels and all,but I'm pretty fired up after today !!

Thats welcomed news Batman. Glad to here the team is looking good. Be cautious though, Its just spring. Remember the Maryville game? We still have a long way to go.

Maryville was young last year as well.I'm just glad we are going to have the speed to take care of teams that we gave way to much to in the way of mistakes last year.

Who are you all scrimmaging this year? Wasn't last year where you scrimmaged Maryville to a tie?

Knox Halls this spring.A scrimmage is just that,a practice.Maryville got better last year and we were banged up and had a lot of players quit when times were not great.Our offense had very few weapons as well and it made for A long year when key lineman and Chris were hurt at bad times.The speed DB normally has was just not there overall.That is the thing that will be different this year.I don't know about depth on the line,but speed will cure a lot of things.

I love to read about what DB is going to do all winter plus spring and how good they are going to be and when the season starts they should be the #1 team in the state. They can't get past the first round of the playoffs and until last year it is usually a #4 seed team that knocks them off at there own place. All they got to do now is beat Science Hill in this new playoff and there in. Got to love it. Maybe thats why there is not so many people writing on this board this year.