CAK vs Alcoa Part II

FootballDad

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope both teams play to there abilities and enjoy an exciting, injury free ballgame.

We will try to go down and rep our district well in benton tonight........

Maybe next week we can join someone and eat bandburgers or some nanner puddin.......depending upon who wins

Ok AlcoasPaintedBridge..........I will be brief to let you know that... THAT IS MY PHOTO.....and all the other ones you have posted with YOUR artwork on it. THANKS A LOT for watching out for your own, meaning Alcoa.. You copying it and taking it to Kinkos or telling someone to copy and print is a COPYRIGHT VIOLATION and considered STEALING. I really wish this had been where you directed people to me or put my site on it, then I would feel your looking out for me and the work I do for YOUR BOYS! Guess NOT!!!

I will just tell you that I BUST MY TAIL each week for these boys and have spent a lot of time working on photos, websites, gifts and whatnot to set Alcoa apart. I do this because I genuinely care about each player and want them to have photos/layouts that other schools wish they had. You have NO idea what I have done to help Alcoa Football and to beat all most of it is for free...........and this is how I am repaid??? You taking these photos and posting them here is downright unfair and unethical. How would you feel if the shoe were on the other foot? I can tell you one thing.....I know who you are!!! I would appreciate you not using MY PHOTOS no matter where you see them unless it's through me.

I sure hope that I you are proud of this and that MY PHOTOS are posted here and on Facebook now too. It's not that I was watching but several people have told me this is where they find them. THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE TO HELP ME.

Had you just asked me if you could post these and play with them in the beginning.......this all could have been avoided. All I would have asked that you do is put my logo or website on it. This really just beats all!!!!!!!!!!!!

IBJC

Images by Jenifer Clark

http://www.imagesbyjeniferclark.com this is where you will find the photos!

APB eye will bee glad two start a Leegull Deefence fund fer ewe....Eye'll git a bed sheet and taik hit wif me two tha Mairvul gaim tonite...Maybee me and Rebullsman can git a few handfulls ov change...Eye wuz allsew talkin' two sum fellers inn tha latrine at tha gaim and thay all claimed two be lawyers...Eye bet thay'll work cheep...Will look fer luminum cans two!!!!!!!!!........ :roflol:

Does Alcoa Football have a website? I found one but it looked like it hadn't been updated this season.....

Thanks, good luck tonight to both teams, stay healthy...

Yes and here it is.....not all pages are completed. I am working to make it all work smoothly so the news and the schedule page are up and running. Players page is next so you can sort to find specific players but I have a few glitches I'm working on.

http://www.alcoafootball.net

Is this the official site for the Alcoa Tornado Football team? :roflol: Does the school system own it?

What about tornadoesfootball.com? It is cool, just needs to be updated..........

On second thought, since I was kinda put on the spot in a public forum, I will make a short response.

0% of my 'source pics' as they are called in the fark world are from Ms. Clarks website.

All of her images are clearly watermarked are are not able to be downloaded to a pc.

Anything that I use are from public domain and the artist has already been compensated (i.e. Blount Today)

While I will say that I was in the wrong to tell someone to take it to Kinko's to get a print made, I have infringed on nothing. If you sell pics to Blount Today and they do not protect them, your problem is with them, not me.

I will try to be more sensitive to your needs Ms. Clark as it is your livelihood, and in these times that is not lost on me.

My apologies for any hurt feelings, and please visit Ms. Clark's website.

As I do appreciate the apology I need to clear something up. Yes the newspaper has paid for the use my photos but I retain all the rights and ownership. My beef is not with the paper in any way shape or form. Giving these photos out such as have been demonstrated and told to copy at Kinkos is what bothers me.Plus if you take those photos to Kinkos you can't blow them up. They will distort based on the size.

At that rate, I will not be needed on the field if everyone. I don't have a son on the Alcoa team so I'm doing this to show my support. Last year I was asked to help and parents/students were so pleased with the photos it has grown into what is it now. I don't charge much for prints so I don't see why this is done. Bottom line is I want to give the kids something to look back on and be proud to show it off.

IBJC,

I visited your website. Your work is tremendous. I'm no photography critic but your work is as good as I've seen anywhere; you are very talented. I am not an Alcoa fan and I'm certainly not a lawyer. Please don't take my comments the wrong way, but after reading your original comments a couple of thoughts crossed my mind.

1. If a picture is protected by copyright, isn't there a responsibility by the person or entity that holds the rights to identify the work as protected?

2. The post from the Alcoa supporter wanting to purchase the photo is very telling. This individual was very willing to pay for a print, but had no clue where to go to purchase one. I understand your frustration, but in my humble opinion it is your prerogative whether you wish to make it widely known how to purchase your works or simply leave it up to word of mouth. I don't think it is anyone else's responsibility to promote your work or your website.

Best of luck with your photography work. Your shots are truely worth purchasing to interested fans. (Of course, I doubt I'll be hanging any Alcoa pictures up in my house LOL :roflol: )

I would like to say thanks to all the fans from other programs that have shown support for CAK this week. I hesitate to name them because I know I'll accidentally leave someone out, but it is nice to build some good friendly relationships with the fine fans of Loudon, McMinn Central, Elizabethton, and some of the other schools that we haven't had a chance to play.

Everyone knows that when you play Alcoa, that while they are a 3A team fair and square, they are not a 3A team by any other standard. The numbers of players, depth, number of college prospects, etc. is unlike any other 3A team, and IMO they are clearly in the discussion of being one of the top several teams in the state at an level. On top of that, this is one of the stronger Alcoa teams in the last decade according to some of their dedicated fans. As a CAK fan, I realize that the deck is stacked against us. What I have been most proud of CAK in the past couple of years against Alcoa has been the "Warrior" attitude. Lots of teams talk about playing the game for a whole 4 quarters, but few live up to it. I hope CAK can win tonight, and if things go the right way, we have a chance. But regardless, my hope is that this team will go out fighting regardless. These Seniors deserve that. This 10-1 team deserves that.

Go Warriors!! :roflol:

CAK is a class program and they would go far in the playoffs if they weren't put in Alcoa's quad . I have nothing but respect for CAK and their coaches and they always give Alcoa a tough game . Best of luck to both teams and hope it's an injury free game on both sides . But my loyalty goes for Alcoa since my son played there and left with 3 state rings and my daughter cheered and left with 4 . GOOOOOO TORNADOESSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll echo some of GVK's remarks. Getting to develop relationships with other high school football fans certainly enhances the experience. I really enjoyed "breaking bread" (of Heaven) with the Blount Co. crowd today. Having Alcoa, CAK & Maryville supporters sitting together at the same table, eating, laughing, and telling stories was enjoyable. We had a few chairs available for blitznbuc & korn but they must not have gotten their invite. Would have loved for ffmom to have joined us as well but she knew better than being seen in public with a rag tag group like that. :evil:

Tonight will be tough for the Warriors. Are they capable of winning...Yes. But only if Alcoa stumbles along the way and CAK plays close to perfect. My expectations are for my Warriors to go out and play to the best of their abilities, play with class, play with heart, and play with a purpose. We respect Alcoa and want to continue to earn their respect as well. Praying for a good, safe, non-injury game for both teams tonight. GO WARRIORS!