Dobyns-Bennett offseason thread

w1ldcat

Thanks, can you help me with something else? Who are you guys playing this week?

Thanks, for something i already knew...but i guess you need to go watch the game again since you forgot who beat you all. :thumb:

I didn't forget. But I have forgotten who you're playing this week?

No one... but it is pretty hard to brag about beating a team in the playoffs that is about the same caliber as Volunteer.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, can you help me with something else? Who are you guys playing this week?

Thanks, for something i already knew...but i guess you need to go watch the game again since you forgot who beat you all. :idea:

No one... but it is pretty hard to brag about beating a team in the playoffs that is about the same caliber as Volunteer.

I'm sure Maryville will play someone of higher caliber this week though and then they can brag........roll tribe.

As a matter of fact we are having a carwash this weekend.The proceeds will go to buying a driving range beside the land we allready own on moreland :idea:

BETTER ONE!!!! :idea::lol:

I just thought I would tune in to the History Channel to hear the violins… and low and behold you guys are having a little fun without me. I would have thought you would still be a little sore after taken it down in the M-town with no Vaseline. I just hope you took those pictures I told you to take. :?:

This was the best team I've seen DB play in a long time.They were sharper than I had seen them from a few weeks ago on film.Just a great place to go and see a great program,I'm glad we did get a chance,no joke.

I have to say I told you so Batman. It’s not just the team there in Maryville; it’s the whole ball of wax. I remember driving home after they dismantled us in 04’ and thinking to myself “we have a long way to go and allot of work ahead to be at that level”. That thought came after owning EVERY team up here in NET at our level… some of them twice. But that BIG balloon was quickly deflated in the first quarter of the game when it was very apparent that we were no match. And it wasn’t because their players were better… they were simply better prepared for us as if they had already played us before. There coaching staff had already determined what our strengths and weaknesses were and they were blatantly exposing them. We couldn’t adjust because we had our way all throughout the season and had never really been stopped doing what we do. I’ve said it before and some laughed… but much of the success of this season is the result of the lessons that were learned by Stubbs and Crew in that game in 04’. The Indians have no reason to hold their heads low… this was simply a down season. But it was a reality check for some over there in DB country that feel you are invincible because… well… I really can’t tell you why they feel that way. I have to be honest with you though… that hurdle that you now have in Maryville is going to be a hard one to get over year after year for DB. Maryville will continue to get stronger as their numbers grow from the adjustment to 6A… casting an even bigger shadow over DBs State Championship bids in the future. I think the ones over there that have a clue know what I say is true.

Thanks, for something i already knew...but i guess you need to go watch the game again since you forgot who beat you all. :idea:

Thank you for finally answering my question. And I challenge you to find one post where I have bragged about that last game or any game, as far as that goes. I'll save you some time, you won't find one.

I have to say I told you so Batman. It’s not just the team there in Maryville; it’s the whole ball of wax. I remember driving home after they dismantled us in 04’ and thinking to myself “we have a long way to go and allot of work ahead to be at that level”. That thought came after owning EVERY team up here in NET at our level… some of them twice. But that BIG balloon was quickly deflated in the first quarter of the game when it was very apparent that we were no match. And it wasn’t because their players were better… they were simply better prepared for us as if they had already played us before. There coaching staff had already determined what our strengths and weaknesses were and they were blatantly exposing them. We couldn’t adjust because we had our way all throughout the season and had never really been stopped doing what we do. I’ve said it before and some laughed… but much of the success of this season is the result of the lessons that were learned by Stubbs and Crew in that game in 04’. The Indians have no reason to hold their heads low… this was simply a down season. But it was a reality check for some over there in DB country that feel you are invincible because… well… I really can’t tell you why they feel that way. I have to be honest with you though… that hurdle that you now have in Maryville is going to be a hard one to get over year after year for DB. Maryville will continue to get stronger as their numbers grow from the adjustment to 6A… casting an even bigger shadow over DBs State Championship bids in the future. I think the ones over there that have a clue know what I say is true.

As a fan of a few teams here in lower east Tennessee, and someone who was at the first round playoff victory of McMinn County over Kingsport last year, the truth is that most people from Knoxville/Maryville area, all the way to Chattanooga knows that Kingsport D-B isn't a very good team come playoff time. I don't know if they have a weak schedule annually which makes them feel they're better than they are, or they're just not well-coached and prepared. McMinn County was 6-4 last year when they came "to" Kingsport to play the undefeated and #1 state-ranked Indians. The McMinn head coach is young and learning, but he told me before the game that he and his staff didn't think Kingsport was near as good as some teams the Cherokees had played last year. I still didn't think McMinn County would win, but they did upset Kingsport. The bottom line is that Kingsport D-B doesn't put any fear into anyone, even if they're undefeated. And that type of respect is "earned" by past playoff performance.

As a fan of a few teams here in lower east Tennessee, and someone who was at the first round playoff victory of McMinn County over Kingsport last year, the truth is that most people from Knoxville/Maryville area, all the way to Chattanooga knows that Kingsport D-B isn't a very good team come playoff time. I don't know if they have a weak schedule annually which makes them feel they're better than they are, or they're just not well-coached and prepared. McMinn County was 6-4 last year when they came "to" Kingsport to play the undefeated and #1 state-ranked Indians. The McMinn head coach is young and learning, but he told me before the game that he and his staff didn't think Kingsport was near as good as some teams the Cherokees had played last year. I still didn't think McMinn County would win, but they did upset Kingsport. The bottom line is that Kingsport D-B doesn't put any fear into anyone, even if they're undefeated. And that type of respect is "earned" by past playoff performance.

Very good post on all points that you made.I was at the game also, and I still haven't gotten over it.The most disgusting high school football game that I have ever watched.I will leave it at that!

W1ldcat started the post as a joke and it continued that way until CAP and Bitzinbuc made some good points. You can make excuses for the losing season this year that the talent was down, but the Tribe faithful need to look at the root of the problem, coaching. There is a reason why Maryville has undefeated seasons, and not just the regular season. There is reason why they have state championships and only 10 loses in the last dozen years. COACHING! No team can just keep rebuilding every year and even move up a class and keep winning without great coaching. Maryville is an example of a good coach, not Clark. The football program is slowly going downhill in front of your eyes and too many PC fans are afraid to speak the truth. When Walton had seasons like this he was gone, so was Pugh. Look at the facts, not just playoff record -very few "transfers" into DB to play football for Clark, the number of players on the team is trending down as is QB club volunteers. There is a reason why Indian fans have high hopes after the 9th grade goes undefeated, Wagner! After playing for Wagner, the kids have no interest in Clark. Clark's offensive scheme is so elementary. Clark's use of playmakers becomes nonexistant come playoff time (Pappas '06 and Ashlon '08) to name just a few. Clark tried to brag that they made the playoffs this year???? He had to win one game against a coach that is a bigger joke than DB has. Open up your pocketbooks DB fans. It is going to take some $ to attract a good coach to DB by the time Clark destroys the program. By the time he is gone, there will only be one coach left with good experience and that will be Wagner. He is too smart to take the job after it is in the ditch. It is too bad Montgomery Bell didn't really want Clark! Clark was lucky this year not to get CS injured until the last game. If he were injured, that would have been 2-8 team and no playoff. Next year will be no better, 6-4. Players no longer think Clark walks on water, only the parents who started watching DB football when their son entered 9th grade. It took a while to figure out the problem in Knoxville, how long will it take for the 4000 at J Fred to figure it out? If you fans ever think you will get past the first round, it will be with a new coach.

I’m not even a DB fan and your words strike a nerve with me. It’s hard to hear that the very program that everyone here in NET looks too as the pentacle… is laughed at by the rest of the state. I truly took offense to your post at first because… I guess the truth sometimes hurts. But it can also set you free. DB will be back… I have no doubt! Now how they get over the hump… I don’t know. I just hope that the others that are left in the playoffs from NET will represent so that we can all start to get a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!! South, Elizabethton, North, Daniel Boone, Greeneville, and THS all shut the Knoxville connection DOWN this year.

DB has sliced through Knoxville three times on the way to the semi's in the last 10 years but met the same ending every other team since Sevier county has met.Oak Ridge has been the program for years in that area that set's the standard for the top public schools and I will bet they have plenty of respect for DB as we do for them.When they are back to full strenth,it will be very interesting to hear anything from those few schools that have got them while they are

going through a tough couple of years as well.McMinn :roflol:

blitzinbuc has a very short memory, and Im pretty sure he doesn't speak for any coach in the Knoxville or Chattanooga area. I'll overlook the "comments" he said the McMinn coach made. He's new there I guess and doesn't remember that just a few years ago DB beat McMinn Co. 35-7 in a playoff game. Hopefully he will get to play DB again next year and the Indians can earn his respect.

And to DBWATCHDOG, When will you ever give it up. Everybody knows why you don't like Graham Clark. Move on with your life. You should of transfered your son to South like everybody else does when their not good enough to play for the Tribe. Graham Clark has had a bad year and he's lost some first round playoff games and a lot of us DB fans have really let him have it. But he is our coach and we wouldn't trade him for anybody. He's the best coach DB has ever had, the best coach in upper east tn. and in the top 5 in the state. Thats a fact. DB Football will be back in a big way. Bank on it!

Graham Clark has had a bad year and he's lost some first round playoff games and a lot of us DB fans have really let him have it. But he is our coach and we wouldn't trade him for anybody. He's the best coach DB has ever had, the best coach in upper east tn. and in the top 5 in the state. Thats a fact. DB Football will be back in a big way. Bank on it!
Have you finally lost your freaking mind!

Graham Clark has had a bad year and he's lost some first round playoff games and a lot of us DB fans have really let him have it. But he is our coach and we wouldn't trade him for anybody. He's the best coach DB has ever had, the best coach in upper east tn. and in the top 5 in the state. Thats a fact. DB Football will be back in a big way. Bank on it!
Have you finally lost your freaking mind!

Well if you think that is crazy then I guess you would be able to prove me wrong. If not then maybe you have lost your freaking mind! Chump :hungry: