UT vs Florida

CoachT

This is probably the one regular season game that I actually sit down and watch. This year will be interesting to see the transition to the non-Spurrier Gators. I don't think this will happen but if UT wins convincingly then the UT-Florida rivalry might be losing its luster.

[Edited by coacht on 9-20-02 10:53A]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by coacht:

This is probably the one regular season game that I actually sit down and watch. This year will be interesting to see the transition to the non-Spurrier Gators. I don't think this will happen but if UT wins convincingly then the UT-Florida rivalry might be losing its luster.

[Edited by coacht on 9-20-02 10:53A]

It won't lose its luster nor will UT win big. I'm not sold on this UT team. There's a lot more unknown than the TN media will admit. There's a lot of untested players on this Vol squad. Florida may very well leave Knoxville with the "W".

I don't love UT but they are very good...and better then Florida.

UF/UT might lose its luster if UF continues to struggle and UGA continues to improve...the reason it is a rivalry is because that 9 times out of 10 the winner of that goes on to play in the SEC Championship...and I think that will continue for a while...but UGA has really stepped it up.

It will be interesting if it rains...that would definitely favor UT, with UF's propensity to pass and horrible run defense UT would really benefit from that...A big tall Kelley Washington is a great asset inside the redzone even in a downpour.

I am really concerned because like Swamp, feel there are way too many untested players for the Big Orange. But the Gators are tested...and have failed already badly.

I wish Washington was out of the game...and the season. Reading his ESPN The Magazine article just about me throw up. He is tremendously gifted...but he should be at another program that is more adept at having trash-talking run rampant. Bad weather would be an advantage for the Vols because of their hogs. Florida has some good hogs, but not as seasoned as our hogs. (sounds like a sausage commercial)

Big Orange break-out, play good all around and the better special teams play a big part. Tennessee 31, Florida 21.

[Edited by TankTalk on 9-20-02 3:22P]

Posted by TankTalk:

I am really concerned because like Swamp, feel there are way too many untested players for the Big Orange. But the Gators are tested...and have failed already badly.

I wish Washington was out of the game...and the season. Reading his ESPN The Magazine article just about me throw up. He is tremendously gifted...but he should be at another program that is more adept at having trash-talking run rampant. Bad weather would be an advantage for the Vols because of their hogs. Florida has some good hogs, but not as seasoned as our hogs. (sounds like a sausage commercial)

Big Orange break-out, play good all around and the better special teams play a big part. Tennessee 31, Florida 21.

[Edited by TankTalk on 9-20-02 3:22P]

I love having Kelley Washington its about time Tennessee finally had someone controversial! Teams like Florida St., Florida, Miami, Michigan all have had players like this and it got them more publicity & the National Media just loves it. If Tennessee is going to be in the Big Time with National Coverage they need this type of player as long as Kelley doesn't do anything stupid off the field I am fine with him.

What has "The Future" said that he hasn't backed up so for even last year??

UT got beat by the Ghost of Spurrier. Could anyone tell that Spurrier wasn't on the sidelines? The only clue was that they only turned it on for one quarter.

I am as stunned by this defeat as any I can remember in UT history. Grossman should get the Heisman...or did Tennessee make him look like superman?

Posted by StanTrott:

UT got beat by the Ghost of Spurrier. Could anyone tell that Spurrier wasn't on the sidelines? The only clue was that they only turned it on for one quarter.

I am as stunned by this defeat as any I can remember in UT history. Grossman should get the Heisman...or did Tennessee make him look like superman?

The Only good thing that come out of the game was this! :D :D

Jill Arrington :rolleyes::)

2big.jpg

CBS just doesn't show her enough :D

[Edited by Sequatchie on 9-21-02 11:06P]

I was at the game...and Casey Clauasen should be ashamed of himself.

He fumbled the ball and they recovered...

He should have talked to the center and worked on the snap.

UT takes over at like the 1 or 2 and Casey fumbles it again.

He then fumbles it again and gains a yard or something.

Third down from the two and UT settles for a straight dive.

I don't like Clausen, I don't think him or the offensive coordinator did a good job of spreading the ball around...

Last years team had Kelley Washington and Dante Stallworth, not to mention a record setting runningback.

Possibly the two best receivers in the nation were on that team...and all they had to say for themselves is an SEC East Championship.

I have seen Oklahoma, Miami, and Florida play...and all three of those teams air the ball out...I don't even remember how many times UT did it, but it wasn't many...

I think at halftime UF had thrown about 5 long passes, and connected on two...They did it on the first play and really missed (one was jacobs catch at the 1) the other was a td. They were roughly 2 of 5 at worst on long passes...which is really great odds...especially when you consider the rain and the crowd.

Florida ran a reverse to Ingle Martin, a fake reverse, a halfback pass...what did UT run? Floridas team speed was far superior in my opinion.