Warren County : New Season , New Coach,

14pioneers

Likely Jackson County will be in the state in their Division this year.

JC will definitely be there and should be the odds on favorite to win it.... again! Skys they limit for Warren Co. though. Back in the early 90's JC was everybody's doormat but once Coach Brown took over all that changed! So a good coach and having the kids and the parents buy into what he is teaching will do wonders for a program. Good luck to WC the rest of the way!

This likely is what Whitey was looking for. Can say, realistically, the schedule did not duck anyone and is agressive which is a plus. IMO, it is a barometer of where WC wants to go and is going to go.. MTSF's next to the last sentence has good insight and the last sentence reflects the interest and support of many long standing fans

I always appreciate your insightful and positive comments. Yet, I was hoping that some of the folks with Warren County and especially from inside the program would give some insight into how things are progressing. At least some of the fans that have been able to attend some of the games and see the team and their new coach. Right now, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, it looks like my schedule is going to be clear to let me attend the game on the 8th and I am looking forward to seeing the team.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt duck anyone - Other than Warren Co., Oakland has not won a district game in 2 years and Dekalb Co. beat Warren Co. for only the 2nd time this millenium, don't want 2 b the bearer of bad news but not exactly progress being made. Yes Jackson Co. was and is a great team, but what can be learned from a blowout, and Dekalb, Oakland, and Siegel will be no where near the top of their district. Hang in there though Hixson is a guarantee.

Truth, I take it you are a Decalb fan. Decalb is certainly playing better this year with Woodward there. A 4-0 record after following the school for the past 4 years means even though you hadve a new coach, the coach who left made some strides in the play in Smithville. Some thought he left too early. A two point loss with both teams playing better is not exactly a no progress situation. Maybe they'll play again this year? And oakland and Siegel, Siegel is playing better this year and I have not seen Oakland. Discussing with others who have seen Warren play, there is significant difference in not only play but in the way the program is being handled. Are you considering all of this or are you just considering a few wins and losses. What was considered when Decalb almost gave up 3-4 years ago and your last coach had to come in and straighten things out. He had to almost start from scratch and even then, was thought he didn't know what he was doing.

You are a fan and gone thru some hard times and now when you are able to smell a few roses, Warren County is an easy prey to attack. The next game I believe may be close to the end of the year. You posted this a little too soon. But maybe you think Decalb could have beaten the same teams Warren played. Truth is and can be partison. If there is another game, it will be in Warren.

Yes the 2 teams play again, and yes warren co (2000 students) should beat Dekalb (700 students) @ home, and woodward has been @ Dekalb her entire career. She is a senior that started every single game the last 2 years. Not trying to put anybody down, sorry if it seemed that way, I am just a fan in general, and i also know that Dekalb, Siegel, and Oakland (all pretty good teams) will not compete for their districts. I also think it will help Warren being in their new district, it has 2 help knowing you do not have to play Riverdale, Blackman or Lebanon anymore. Coffee Co. and Cumberland should be welcome replacements.

Without puncturing the bubble, Dekalb beat Bledsoe twice, Trousdale once, Monterrey once, Warren b and lost to Hickman by 24. Oakland has not lost a game nor has Siegel. Warren has won none. There is no doubt the record should reflect the schedule. I may have misunderstood the point of your post???????? Hope you have a great season.

Without puncturing the bubble, Dekalb beat Bledsoe twice, Trousdale once, Monterrey once, Warren b and lost to Hickman by 24. Oakland has not lost a game nor has Siegel. Warren has won none. There is no doubt the record should reflect the schedule. I may have misunderstood the point of your post???????? Hope you have a great season.

Oakland lost to Livingston on 11/23 35 to 56.

Did not see that on their schedule, hall of fame? ha Livingston beat Cookeville also. I don't think you are saying Dekalb is on the par with Livingston, Cookeville or Oakland, Siegel , Blackman or

Riverdale, White. It is a AA school but if they can play with that group, they are good.

Not listed as a Hall of Fame game on schedule??? Don't think Dekalb would be able to hang

most of those teams you have listed. But they must have improved quite a bit since I last saw

them play. Livingston is also AA.

I haven't even followed the topic, but Livingston has thumped Warren twice since June. Once in camp, once at the recent play day. I'm not trying to be negative, but just clearing that up. DC will again be the bottom feeder of 8-AA, but not at the very bottom for once. Oakland will change, as will Cookeville as the season progresses. I hope the season turns around in Warren County. You guys seem to have found a pretty good coach that is trying to turn the program around, just an observation. Good luck. :roflol:

It still amazes me that the girls side of Coach T , concerning Warren County, gets much more support than the boys side. Maybe, because of long past success or maybe because there is a perception, that it is easier to win on the girls side of the ledger ?? I hope everyone gets behind this coach and players during this bad portion of the season, hopefully we will be playing better basketball by season's end.

Yes the 2 teams play again, and yes warren co (2000 students) should beat Dekalb (700 students) @ home, and woodward has been @ Dekalb her entire career. She is a senior that started every single game the last 2 years. Not trying to put anybody down, sorry if it seemed that way, I am just a fan in general, and i also know that Dekalb, Siegel, and Oakland (all pretty good teams) will not compete for their districts. I also think it will help Warren being in their new district, it has 2 help knowing you do not have to play Riverdale, Blackman or Lebanon anymore. Coffee Co. and Cumberland should be welcome replacements.

It's more like DeKalb 850-900 students. But that doesn't even matter. That has nothing to do with it. It's how well you are coached and how well you play. DC won the first game, and have every bit of the same chance to win again. And if you're talking about the atmosphere, well DC will bring just as many fans as you. Always do. Even bring more than the other team when we are having an away game half the time. But that is not what the post is about so I'm not going to go on about that I was just making a point that it won't make a difference if the girls have improved over the last few games and come ready to play then they can come away with a second win against Warren.

What is being said is this is a team that won 5 total games last year and has struggled for a long time. That was against pretty much the same opponents as now, and now they are already 5-1. And have had their best start since 1992 or something like that. They are a lot better than they have been. And the new coach has just started working with them for the first year, so they can very well get better.