Ooltewah Football

TNsteeler

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would like to remind you that next years senior Ooltewah class was the team that walked all over the Admirals during the freshmen championship game by a score of 30-0. However, on a sad note... of the 45 talented players, only 3 players still play due to Monroeball. I am not bashing Monroe's coaching ability.. just his player management. Numbers don't lie. But back on a positive note... the following years freshman also beat the Admirals and there are still more of them around.

Well, I would like to remind you that next years senior Ooltewah class was the team that walked all over the Admirals during the freshmen championship game by a score of 30-0. However, on a sad note... of the 45 talented players, only 3 players still play due to Monroeball. I am not bashing Monroe's coaching ability.. just his player management. Numbers don't lie. But back on a positive note... the following years freshman also beat the Admirals and there are still more of them around.

battle cat,

what management are you talking about???

be more specific....you are right, there are only a few of those players left, but that was due to other issues...

42 of 45 players from one grade gave it up and/or left?

East Hamilton has been mentioned several times..we all know all-star game selections don't always mean the best players especially at the younger age groups but I noticed in the paper the other day their 8th grade team had the most selections in their region or however it's termed. That usually goes to the top team, were they the best in 8th grade football in Chattanooga this past season?

42 of 45 players from one grade gave it up and/or left?

East Hamilton has been mentioned several times..we all know all-star game selections don't always mean the best players especially at the younger age groups but I noticed in the paper the other day their 8th grade team had the most selections in their region or however it's termed. That usually goes to the top team, were they the best in 8th grade football in Chattanooga this past season?

:thumb: Not so surprising..really.Alot of them didn't want to go toe to toe in practice with bigger boys and then get no playing time come friday night.Half the kids have been brain-washed into thinking everyone should play(like in little league) or hear the parents making excuses and nothing but pure "GOSSIP" about coaches playing favorites,preferring blacks over whites,talks over what coach talks to what parent,then automatically asumes they are"in bed together"(figure of speech).....kids hear all this and say what's the use in trying,or working for something.Watch for alot of the kids that haven't played since frshman year come back out and their are several kids at east hamilton that quit that football program already and want to come back to Ooltewah,but it is my understanding they cannot. Ooltewah will be fine,maybe not a #1 ranked team all year,but that doesn't matter til the end..JUST ASK WHITE-STATION!!!!

Well it sounds like there are kids that have been waiting around in the nest not wanting to pay dues. That would make me really skeptical of their character. I mean if you do not play due to injury, grades or just being new top the school I understand. Those guys that do not play because they do not want to play b team or back up a better player really disgust me and that is why we will have a hard time counting on those people in football and in life. You do not graduate college and become president of a company but that is what so many kids want and their parents let them think that way.

Fat Sack...thats the best point Ive heard in a while

those type kids....I call them "private school players"...they cant start where there is competition and athletes, so they run to start at a Boyd Buchanan, Grace, or McCallie

same with these kids....they took one look at #36 and #7 and #20 and realized they didnt want to practice with gridiron players like that....so they ran to the new school so they actually could get to be a part of a few tackling drills

I'll argue this one with you, Phishy. Don't forget that Ooltewah football began before 2000.

Best 5 players ever at Ooltewah that I have seen: Anderson Sanders - Joe Namath All-American in1977 (think a 6-4, 260 Jacquez and you get Anderson, don't take my opinion on this one, that's Coach Davis's opinion, he saw both of them), Jacquez Smith, Patrick Flannigan, Sanford Ballew (best running back I EVER saw, better than Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, and Gerald Riggs, think of how good he could have been, but drugs killed him) , and Phil Rogers (Scrappy Moore Athlete of the year in 1986, one of the best all-around athletes to grace the halls at OHS).

Fat Sack...thats the best point Ive heard in a while

those type kids....I call them "private school players"...they cant start where there is competition and athletes, so they run to start at a Boyd Buchanan, Grace, or McCallie

same with these kids....they took one look at #36 and #7 and #20 and realized they didnt want to practice with gridiron players like that....so they ran to the new school so they actually could get to be a part of a few tackling drills

Yea I would not want to join them either after the way # 7 & # 20 represented the mighty owls in the east / west all-star game