Warren County, New Coach, New District !!

14pioneers

Really a poor reflection on Warren County and the Administration the way the new coach was pressing an obviously inferior Hixson Team last night up 55-10 in the 4th quarter. I assume with all the losing he has in front of him he needed to stroke his ego against a coach who has taken boys to the sub-state. Only game Baird coached at Hixson last year when their coach was suspended for not controlling his temper Howard beat Hixson by 50pts. Great coach you guys have there. On a brighter note you have some very good little ballplayers, shame they are learning sportsmanship from someone like that.

*** Sorry noticed this was boys basketball thread-- Your new boys coach seemed like a great coach and was very involved and professional should be great year for the boys. ***

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow !!! I hate to rag on our new Coach so early, but it is one thing to play hard and another thing to play smart, maybe I am just not used to this style of play, but we cannot go out and MUG the other team night in and night out and expect to win Basketball games. Every team we have played is in the bonus midway through the 1st quarter it seems, and it looks like chaos to me right now. Hopefully these are growing pains learning a new system. I hope so, good luck Pioneers and Coaches in your up-comming games.

I don't know what's going on, but we have averaged 30+ turnovers and around 10 rebounds per game. Losing by 25 to Tullahoma is puzzling. That Tullahoma team is almost the same boys we played in middle school a few years back and beat them by 30. I have never seen a WC team play so out of control in my life. Maybe the old saying "Things are going to get worse before they get better" will come true.

Freshmen looked good tonight. First time I've seen that bunch since their 8th grade season last year. The coach played all of them, and for the most part they all played well. Had the starters stayed in the majority of the time it would have been a blow out. Not sure about this years varsity (only seen them once) but the future looks promising.

I was talking to an assistant for Warren Co.'s girls last week and one of the problems that he has seen on the girls' side is the lack of fundamentals of the girls coming from the 6 feeder schools in the county. They are starting from scratch when the coaches get them, from moves to plays to just basic basketball skills. They do have 4 teams so that are getting instruction at the high school level, but a lot of that should have been started at the middle school level. As long as that keeps happening, the level of play of Warren Co. will not reach its' potential.

I have asked this for years now, why is everything open in the county (soccer, softball, baseball, and football) at the Middle School except basketball? You can goto school at Morrison, Eastside,etc. and still play Middle school baseball or soccer, BUT you HAVE to attend the Middle school just to play basketball? Here's what you do:Have the Middle school have county wide try-outs, pick the best an play, if you choose for your child not to, thats your choice, but if they do not make the Middle school team, they can play at their county school. It's a win-win situation, you have your best playing together, jelling and playing better competition, and the others that were on the verge are still playing,practicing, and trying to improve.I would like to ask the new AD why doesn't this become a real solution, is it the WCMS principal, the board, what?. I bet the new coaches would like this concept. What do you people think?

Not a bad idea there hoop20. I think the reason that all county kids can play for the middle school in other sports such as baseball, football etc. is because they don't offer these programs. There has been some good basketball talent come from county schools that have been able to do well @ the high school and some have fell by the way side for some reason. There has also been some pretty good basketball coaches in the county schools over the years, but some that didn't do a good job teaching fundamentals as thorough97 posted. However, I have seen several middle school teams over the years do very well and win the CTC Championship and win alot of games as freshmen and play pretty much the same teams in high school like Tullahoma, Franklin Co. and Sparta and lose by a bunch. Don't know the answer, but I sure hope we can figure this thing out.

Congrats to the Pioneers and coaches on the win last night in the tourney and good luck tonight against CPA!

I just wish something would give, because I would like to see the best play and develop together over two or three years before high school. Let's give it a trial run, also Coach Moore would be great for them to learn from. Good coach. Congrats on the win. boys and coaches. Keep up the hard work.