Top Guards in East Tennessee

JCole23

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lee, #44 ranked Nationally. I think this is the first set of rankings I've seen Lee Top 100. I have only seen Bradshaw ranked Top 100 nationally, but he is absent from Rivals......

ALSO........(though slightly off the subject)

Mark my words.....The MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER in the TOP 100 rankings is #57 Major Wingate from South Carolina (going to school in North Gwinnett, GA now). Wingate is a Top 5 or 10 player, and was at one point, but for no real reason, has slipped in every Rankings. This kid is amazing, and was the best player (along with Houston's Ndudi Ebi) that I saw all summer long (James was injured and did not play at the tourneys that I could have watched him). Wingate is legit 6'10, and sometimes listed 6'11. He played the 5, 4, and even 3, while running PG at times against pressing teams. He is a manchild who dominated EVERYONE I saw him play against all summer. Last year, as a Jr, he dominated Vandy-signee Julian Terrell enough to momentarily place Terrell as a possible Mid Major prospect (which Terrell obviously rebounded from later in the summer). Wingate is great, and because his intensity has been questioned at times, he has become a forgotten man in rankings, but definitely UNDERRATED!!!!! :x:):)

Guest caligula

Why is this kid at North Gwinett is that not an athletic death trap??? Or is there B-ball program good? Cause Tim Hammontree from Maryville is coaching football there now and...they are not very good at that. Maybe it is a b ball school? But from what I here no athletes are there. :confused:

I don't actually know the reasons for his transferring there. North Gwinnett usually does have pretty good hoops. South Gwinnett does as well (including the Nation's #1 soph, Louis Williams, and Top 20 Nationally ranked soph Michael Mercer). N Gwinnett now is going to have a great team with Wingate, who is truly a man-child......Whatever college gets Wingate will get a star--mark my words (when I talked to Wingate over the summer, he had said he was still considering a jump straight to the pros).....

Guest silk221184

I believe that Devin Hundley of Knoxville Central is one of the best if not the best guard in all of East Tennessee. He was like third in East Tennessee in assist and made All-KIL and All-District as a junior. So watch out for him in his senior campaigne.

Guest caligula
Posted by silk221184:

I believe that Devin Hundley of Knoxville Central is one of the best if not the best guard in all of East Tennessee. He was like third in East Tennessee in assist and made All-KIL and All-District as a junior. So watch out for him in his senior campaigne.

Cool Gomab that clears it up cause from what I heard all there potential talent ends up as South and other area schools. KNOX CENTRAL, that kid will never get noticed. They are garbage and that wont help him. Can he stop them from losing by 50 every game. :confused:

I AGREE WITH YOUR ASSEMENT OF MAJOR WINGATE. HE IS RANKED BY THE HOP SCOOP AT 119 RIGHT NOW, BUT WAS TOP TEN AS A SOPHOMORE. HE WAS VERY GOOD IN THE AAU TOURNAMENTS THAT I HAVE SEEN HIM IN. I THINK THE TRANSFERRING TO VARIOUS SCHOOL MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO HIS LOW RANKING. YOU WILL NOTICE THAT WINGATE HAS COMMITTED TO THE TENNESSEE VOLS BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS AND I WISH HIM ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD. HE SHOULD BE A BANNER RECRUIT FOR THE TENNESSEE PROGRAM