Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Roadrunner1 what is your direct point that you are trying to get across? Another is that no one should ever make the cross between play in high school and play at the collegiate level. They are at different levels, so making a correlation about hitting like a team of Eric Berry's is not correct to say. The best localized football for several years in the state of TN has been in a 50 minute driving radius from downtown Knoxville and in Murfreesboro-Nashville Metro area; so yeah, NET football can not compare to the competition in Knoxville area. That 6-6 team A-E lost to is Catholic, who is one of the two most impressive football teams Ive seen this year ( Red Bank- Sorry Greeneville you have a very daunting task friday night ) and Ive seen Alcoa and Catholic was more impressive to me. The 9-2 program being Ootlewah, c'mon man lol Ootlewah was legit and A-E played them tight. Brainerd the 8-4 team was A-E's only smudge for the season to this point IMO and they recovered nicely from that setback. If A-E places TD (s) up friday night then the two point plays could end up being crucial to both sides. One last thing, the comment made by the CAK fan about how they had success running the ball on EHS.. It is easier to run on a defense when you spread the field out constantly and attempt as many passes as CAK does. You have to be pass conscious first when defending CAK. It doesnt take a coach to figure that out.

It might be true that were not as good as the knoxville teams but i dont really care because i love watching high school football.I have watched every local team play and they all have good athletes.If they would put the county schools with elizabethton i bet we could compete with k-town but i dont think that will happen.Cyclones just play your best win or lose because will be there to support you either way.Ive seen the good times and the bad times the last 28yrs and im still here just older.Just play hard and have fun along the way.GO BETSY

Betsy fans

SSHHHHHHISH , be quite now . I can't believe I'm hearing this . Don't you guys know that everybody in the state can read these post ? West Tn folks and middle Tn. people are laughing their tails off . You guys are way to close to E.T.S.U. for you to be saying things like that , People won't send their kids to college in that part of the country if they think you people really believe some of the things you're writing . By the way , are you guys selling tickets to a football game or a track meet ? I shouldn't have said that I guess but it's not any worse than some of the things you guys have been saying . Just remember , Betsy you started the trash talking. Lotta heart and won't quit ??????? We shall see !!!!!!!

And after all the post on here thats all you could come up with is middle and west Tn! News flash they dont like you or us! All I can state is the facts and you may correct me if im wrong!

We both are in the 3rd round of the playoffs!

A-E is from Knoxville

We are from ETN

We both have to win to move on

Only one team will advance

Game is Friday @ 7

Tickets are $8

There are no reserved seats

And the Loser goes back to Knoxville,oops I mean home!

Go Cyclones!!!

I have seen Asheville High and they look a lot like AE, size, speed, scheme... But one thing you have to remember is that the kids from AE are extremely tough. Also, don't look for AE to change a lot, I think they are fairly confident in what they do and don't fall asleep in the secondary the Roadrunners have weapons all over the field and they are waiting for the perfect opp. to open up the passing game.

Really Asheville looks alot like A-E? Im sorry do you all not list your guys that are 6'6" and 6'8" I missed them on your roster! And how many D-1 kids are on your roster like Asheville? Are you sure you saw Asheville,NC? Look,this is the facts Asheville was bigger,faster,and stronger than us and we could have won!I dont think A-E is that caliber this year,but your young, from what Ive seen we match up well and may the best team win and be safe thats the most important thing! Good luck and remember DONT SING IT, BRING IT!

Go Cyclones!!!

First off Roadrunner1 what is your direct point that you are trying to get across? Another is that no one should ever make the cross between play in high school and play at the collegiate level. They are at different levels, so making a correlation about hitting like a team of Eric Berry's is not correct to say. The best localized football for several years in the state of TN has been in a 50 minute driving radius from downtown Knoxville and in Murfreesboro-Nashville Metro area; so yeah, NET football can not compare to the competition in Knoxville area. That 6-6 team A-E lost to is Catholic, who is one of the two most impressive football teams Ive seen this year ( Red Bank- Sorry Greeneville you have a very daunting task friday night ) and Ive seen Alcoa and Catholic was more impressive to me. The 9-2 program being Ootlewah, c'mon man lol Ootlewah was legit and A-E played them tight. Brainerd the 8-4 team was A-E's only smudge for the season to this point IMO and they recovered nicely from that setback. If A-E places TD (s) up friday night then the two point plays could end up being crucial to both sides. One last thing, the comment made by the CAK fan about how they had success running the ball on EHS.. It is easier to run on a defense when you spread the field out constantly and attempt as many passes as CAK does. You have to be pass conscious first when defending CAK. It doesnt take a coach to figure that out.

Well, while I agree with your point about it being harder to defend against the run when a team spreads you out and forces you to defend 70% passing, I didn't actually refer to CAK running the ball against Betsy. My comment was that I don't think that your D line is the strength of your defense. I may be wrong in my analysis, but I based that on my observation of the 3 games I saw of E Town. Don't get me wrong, I thought the O Line and D Line were good, but not dominant. On offense, ETown was not able to get consistent push against CAK's D line as was evedinced by the infamous attempts on 3rd and 4th down at their own 35ish yard line. On defense, they were able to get some pressure but on closer examination, it was the coverage of the receivers that for the most part created the opportunity for Betsy to pressure the CAK QB. CAK has a very good OL and DL, but I think A-E does too. If A-E was primarily a passing team, I would like your chances better. My concern here is the match up. I don't think the Knoxville vs. NET teams thing has ANY thing to do with this game. ETown has proved that they are for real and a very solid team.

I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see ETown win. For what it's worth, take my opinion with a grain of salt. Since about half way through the season, I have probably been one of the most outspoken "believers" in A-E, with the exception of some of their own fans, who are extremely impressed with their team.

One more thing, I know I predicted that A-E would win this game, but they are no Alcoa! Alcoa is at a different level, and A-E will find out next week if they do in fact advance. Alot of teams are intimidated by the Alcoa record and the confidence of their fans can be intimidating too. I think some of the A-E fans have the same attitude as Alcoa. But they've got a long ways to go in my book in being consistent before I'll look at them at that level. If they run over E Town and then Alcoa, then I'll put them up at that level.

Well, while I agree with your point about it being harder to defend against the run when a team spreads you out and forces you to defend 70% passing, I didn't actually refer to CAK running the ball against Betsy. My comment was that I don't think that your D line is the strength of your defense. I may be wrong in my analysis, but I based that on my observation of the 3 games I saw of E Town. Don't get me wrong, I thought the O Line and D Line were good, but not dominant. On offense, ETown was not able to get consistent push against CAK's D line as was evedinced by the infamous attempts on 3rd and 4th down at their own 35ish yard line. On defense, they were able to get some pressure but on closer examination, it was the coverage of the receivers that for the most part created the opportunity for Betsy to pressure the CAK QB. CAK has a very good OL and DL, but I think A-E does too. If A-E was primarily a passing team, I would like your chances better. My concern here is the match up. I don't think the Knoxville vs. NET teams thing has ANY thing to do with this game. ETown has proved that they are for real and a very solid team.

I hope I'm wrong, I would like to see ETown win. For what it's worth, take my opinion with a grain of salt. Since about half way through the season, I have probably been one of the most outspoken "believers" in A-E, with the exception of some of their own fans, who are extremely impressed with their team.

One more thing, I know I predicted that A-E would win this game, but they are no Alcoa! Alcoa is at a different level, and A-E will find out next week if they do in fact advance. Alot of teams are intimidated by the Alcoa record and the confidence of their fans can be intimidating too. I think some of the A-E fans have the same attitude as Alcoa. But they've got a long ways to go in my book in being consistent before I'll look at them at that level. If they run over E Town and then Alcoa, then I'll put them up at level.

I apologize about stating that you said that CAK ran on EHS.. I was assuming that is what you were getting across. Yes the defensive backfield for EHS is highly talented and has played solid even with the loss of # 14. I am neutral in my stance with my posts on here concerning teams and matchups. The EHS defensive front did pressure the CAK OL, and wreak havoc for the QB whether or not the EHS DBs caused it to happen on a play or not. What I remember from the game concerning the CAK O vs EHS D is that CAK had approximately 190 yards of total offense with 138 through the air, and 4 turnovers coming by 3 INTs and Forced Fumble. The INTs didnt harm CAK though since they all were deep passes. The CAK EHS game was determined on approximately 5 plays and 1 series. The 3 missed kicks by EHS that were all high percentage kicks for the Cyclones. The turnover on downs on 4th down early in game by EHS at their own 30 which lead to CAK's first TD. The INT right before half that gave CAK great field position again for their 2nd TD. Yes Kick Coverage for EHS was not good enough and CAK's defensive front 8 played very good espescially # 45 at DE. The series I mentioned is where CAK fumbled in their own territory and the D for CAK held EHS by stopping them and EHS missed a field goal. I really felt like it was a contest where EHS let too many opportunities slip by than CAK doing what they were supposed to to win, but that is why CAK finished with a victory. Injuries did not play a factor either. CAK did what they needed to with turnovers and a short field; EHS did not when they had that same opportunity.

I have seen Asheville High and they look a lot like AE, size, speed, scheme... But one thing you have to remember is that the kids from AE are extremely tough. Also, don't look for AE to change a lot, I think they are fairly confident in what they do and don't fall asleep in the secondary the Roadrunners have weapons all over the field and they are waiting for the perfect opp. to open up the passing game.

Really Asheville looks alot like A-E? Im sorry do you all not list your guys that are 6'6" and 6'8" I missed them on your roster! And how many D-1 kids are on your roster like Asheville? Are you sure you saw Asheville,NC? Look,this is the facts Asheville was bigger,faster,and stronger than us and we could have won!I dont think A-E is that caliber this year,but your young, from what Ive seen we match up well and may the best team win and be safe thats the most important thing! Good luck and remember DONT SING IT, BRING IT!

SECfighter wrote:

First of all A-E has very very little in similarity with Asheville concerning scheme. Size advantage is definitely with Asheville as well even though A-E has some kids with good size, and as I have posted before A-E does NOT have the speed of Asheville, but they do have the advantage of quickness over Asheville.

Those 6-6 and 6-8 kids were really 6-4 and 6-5, but both made plays espesically # 81 who is supposed to be a jr. Asheville was not faster than EHS, it was very even but EHS had more players in that game with top end closing type speed than Asheville. * Remember the heinous officiating call on an EHS 43 yard TD run with 8 min left in the game was a huge swing and then the fumble that was a turnover on a QB sneak on 3rd and long 3-4 min left in game by EHS at their own 10 yard line just trying to eat up clock and punt with a 3-3 ball game really hurt.

Orange and Black wrote:

Go Cyclones!!!

It might be true that were not as good as the knoxville teams but i dont really care because i love watching high school football.I have watched every local team play and they all have good athletes.If they would put the county schools with elizabethton i bet we could compete with k-town but i dont think that will happen.Cyclones just play your best win or lose because will be there to support you either way.Ive seen the good times and the bad times the last 28yrs and im still here just older.Just play hard and have fun along the way.GO BETSY

Well FYI if Carter Co decided to consolidate and make 1 high school the enrollment according to TSSAA would be approximately 2482, which would make it the 2nd largest high school in the state. So the high school would join District 1-AAA competing with you know who and since it would be a 6A school it would compete with D-B and Science Hill for only 1 automatic qualifier to get in playoffs. Which means the playoff bracket for this hypothetical school would lead to Maryville, Farragut, and Bearden on a consistent basis. If you would rather this scenario be the case on a yearly basis for Carter Co then I would have to strongly disagree.

Well FYI if Carter Co decided to consolidate and make 1 high school the enrollment according to TSSAA would be approximately 2482, which would make it the 2nd largest high school in the state. So the high school would join District 1-AAA competing with you know who and since it would be a 6A school it would compete with D-B and Science Hill for only 1 automatic qualifier to get in playoffs. Which means the playoff bracket for this hypothetical school would lead to Maryville, Farragut, and Bearden on a consistent basis. If you would rather this scenario be the case on a yearly basis for Carter Co then I would have to strongly disagree.

When dave rider was coaching he begged them to consolidate.We dont have to worry about it anyway because it will never happen but it would be interesting to see how well we could do and if you think about it we already compete with science hill with the enrollment we have now and i know we would have to play maryville but look who we have to play now alcoa who beat maryville this year.I ask dave a couple of weeks ago if he still thought they should do it and he said yes but he also said he didn't think it would ever happen.

SECfighter wrote:

it was very even but EHS had more players in that game with top end closing type speed than Asheville. *

I just don't see the "top end" speed you talk about. Nor do I see the explosive burst that is needed in football. Maybe it's something that can only be seen in person. Not knocking EHS but truly I do not see it.