Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody other than me see the Austin-East/Elizabethton scrimmage? It was either spring 07 or 08.

There was one in Summer 07.

I think this game will be a barn burner like most of y'all on here. I havent seen AE play this year but I have heard that they are extremely fast and I know Betsy is fast. I like how someone said that Betsy wins if they can run and I agree with that statement. If Betsy can control the clock and get Forbes and Itaro going, we can roll with anyone.

Not enough info for me to make prediction but I gotta hope my Cyclones will pull it through.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Did anybody other than me see the Austin-East/Elizabethton scrimmage? It was either spring 07 or 08.

Key term being 07-08 this is 09 and EHS is a much different team then they were almost 3 years ago and a playoff game and a srimmage are polar opposites. This is probably the best Elizabethton team to come through in years and they have a lot of seniors probably the biggest senior football class in EHS in years. I think AE fans will be in for a rude awakening when they come to E-town, we are on a whole different level then GP, so don't come up here expecting a blowout.

I've crunched the numbers from both teams etc. and finall came up with my prediction.

EHS: 31

AE: 28

Field goal will decide the game imo.

Key term being 07-08 this is 09 and EHS is a much different team then they were almost 3 years ago and a playoff game and a srimmage are polar opposites. This is probably the best Elizabethton team to come through in years and they have a lot of seniors probably the biggest senior football class in EHS in years. I think AE fans will be in for a rude awakening when they come to E-town, we are on a whole different level then GP, so don't come up here expecting a blowout.

I've crunched the numbers from both teams etc. and finall came up with my prediction.

EHS: 31

AE: 28

Field goal will decide the game imo.

I was just going to ask how the Betsy team from then compares to this years Betsy team. I know you can't compare spring scrimmages to quarterfinals games. The last time I saw Elizabethton was in that scrimmage, and I wanted to hear how they have improved since then.

This is one of the best Austin-East teams to come through in years. They've got a lot of sophomores that contribute to their success. We are on a whole different level than GP, Sullivan North, and Cumberland Gap. I believe that Austin-East has played teams this season that are better than Elizabethton. I don't think that Elizabethton has played a team this season that is better than Austin-East... JMO.

Well it sounds like a good one brewing. I did get to catch the AE- GP game . AE's defense looked better and seems to be heading in the right direction . The senior QB looked good and I think thats made a difference. They do look fast and I find it hard to believe that " Betsy" see's that kind of speed often. Elizabethton does have a great tradition however I doubt that the AE players know of it. The kicking game truly might make the difference . I haven't even seen us try a fieldgoal but maybe we can , who knows . I think I'm gonna go . Long drive but I didn't see many ex players last Friday night and those young'uns deserve to have a crowd like we did . LeRoy , Von , Reggie , Raliegh where are you ? This new Road Runner bunch has dreams just like we did . We owe the community and the current players . Hope we can show the " Betsy " about our tradition !!!!

Helping Betsy out a bit. GHS handled Brainerd fairly easily. Betsy is the only team to shut down the Devil Offense and Brainerd beat AE 3 TDs to 1. they need to be more honest about their own schedule. Just look at their schedule on the T, nice, but not impressive. :popcorneater:

Austin-East lost to Catholic who lost to Heritage who lost to Seymour who lost to CAK who barely beat Elizabethton by 1 point. What relevance does this have to do with Friday's Austin-East/Elizabethton game? About the same level of relevance as Austin-East losing to Brainard who lost to Greeneville who lost to Elizabethton. IMO, Austin-East has played better teams than Elizabethton, and Austin-East has beaten better teams than Elizabethton.

Tell me what makes Elizabethton so good?

Helping Betsy out a bit. GHS handled Brainerd fairly easily. Betsy is the only team to shut down the Devil Offense and Brainerd beat AE 3 TDs to 1. they need to be more honest about their own schedule. Just look at their schedule on the T, nice, but not impressive. :popcorneater:

Austin-East lost to Catholic who lost to Heritage who lost to Seymour who lost to CAK who barely beat Elizabethton by 1 point. What relevance does this have to do with Friday's Austin-East/Elizabethton game? About the same level of relevance as Austin-East losing to Brainard who lost to Greeneville who lost to Elizabethton. IMO, Austin-East has played better teams than Elizabethton, and Austin-East has beaten better teams than Elizabethton.

Tell me what makes Elizabethton so good?

As a fan of hs football, with no allegience to any single school... here's why I think Elizabethton is so good. They have been playing up, way up, for years. They are just now where they should be in relation to enrollment. They will be contenders year after year now. Witten and the cyclones will be seeing the tornados many times in years to come. Another reason, I saw their scrimmage vs. 5A Power quarterfinalist Sullivan South this year. South pulls out all the stops everytime they hit the field, including scrimmages. The boys from South said Elizabethton was as athletic and as fast a team they had seen. Elizabethton is not big and slow like, say Catholic, since you brought them up. Go ahead, just overlook Elizabethton and I'd say you're in for a suprise.

One other note, I hope the T$$AA don't send another officiating crew from Chattanooga or middle TN. High school officiating isnt the best anyway, but the crews that come up here are so bad and down right unprofessional. Living across this great state, I am of the opinion, the further west you go, the worse the officiating is, to an exponential factor.