Austin-East @ Elizabethton Quarterfinals

EHSTrack06

Betsy fans

SSHHHHHHISH , be quite now . I can't believe I'm hearing this . Don't you guys know that everybody in the state can read these post ? West Tn folks and middle Tn. people are laughing their tails off . You guys are way to close to E.T.S.U. for you to be saying things like that , People won't send their kids to college in that part of the country if they think you people really believe some of the things you're writing . By the way , are you guys selling tickets to a football game or a track meet ? I shouldn't have said that I guess but it's not any worse than some of the things you guys have been saying . Just remember , Betsy you started the trash talking. Lotta heart and won't quit ??????? We shall see !!!!!!!

I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE IN THE STATE IS READING UNLESS YOUR WORRIED ABOUT YOUR FAN REFERRING TO US AS [ COW TOWN ]

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Asheville High and they look a lot like AE, size, speed, scheme... But one thing you have to remember is that the kids from AE are extremely tough. Also, don't look for AE to change a lot, I think they are fairly confident in what they do and don't fall asleep in the secondary the Roadrunners have weapons all over the field and they are waiting for the perfect opp. to open up the passing game.
Its funny how all of a sudden AE is the best team since sliced butter and i am telling right now say what you want to about asheville high school but they are a good team and are just as good as AE if not better.If AE beats betsy ill be the first one to say great job but if betsy wins i want to hear the AE fans say we finally beat one of those knoxville teams that we never have beat.

There will be a lot of violent hitting since both these teams fly to the ball and have acceleration to help out. I also believe there should be a few really major collisions on top of that so hopefully everyone stays helathy and safe out there. Taylor Hodge # 14 is greatly missed since he is extremely well versed in every aspect of the game. He is the kind of player that simply does what he is supposed to and does not mess up, he is a leader by example, and you know he always gives a couple big plays for the team every game. That is what he is and does. I truly believe though that EHS has been forced to step up and fill the void of his absence because if not they dont play well and EHS might be home if they didnt. # 36 has became the kicker and has done a very admirable job to this point. On offense EHS luckily had considerable depth at WR and his loss there has been the least damage. At Safety is where # 14 was an extremely special and valuable player, he has some of the best instincts and speed you will ever find playing that position. IMO he is THE best Alley support I have ever seen to this point at the high school level. # 33 Cody Forbes has stepped in and has been sufficient playing there so far. Forbes has actually placed more size and possible top speed at the position as well. Ball skills and hard hitting are still there with # 33 playing. What is lacking though is the experience and unbelievable instincts that # 14 gave the Cyclones; yet, what matters against defending A-E more that anything is Tackling and Containment as I stated in my previous post.

What the majority of people watching this game will be surprised by is that the Cyclones actually really do have more top speed as a team ( not talking about quickness ) that the Roadrunners. Being absolutely truthful A-E fans with no disrepect at all or any favoritism toward any team.. Asheville High School in NC has more distinctive SPEED this year than does the Roadrunners. A player from each team that many people severely overlook for their abilities is # 4 for A-E and # 58 for EHS. # 4 IMO will more than likely be the fastest player on the field and # 58's abilities at Nose Man is unreal for high school.

My last point is on the schedules these two teams have played this year.. IMO A-E has a tight edge in the more difficult aspect, mainly due to their non-district schedule was highly impressive with road games at MO East, Ootlewah, and Catholic. The only game that takes away from EHS non-district schedule is Volunteer at home. EHS had very strong opponents in CAK and Greeneville, but they were also at home which helped, and Asheville away was a tough contest. Both these programs are in weak districts concerning competition, yet I believe Fulton and Carter are more dangerous than anyone else in EHS district. Both teams will be ready to play against each other, and there will not be a psychological advantage for either side. *A-E fans need to know that Greeneville is a very good program this year and they have put up an avg of 40 points in their 12 games so far yet the Cyclones shut them out.

Very well said :roflol:

Betsy fans

SSHHHHHHISH , be quite now . I can't believe I'm hearing this . Don't you guys know that everybody in the state can read these post ? West Tn folks and middle Tn. people are laughing their tails off . You guys are way to close to E.T.S.U. for you to be saying things like that , People won't send their kids to college in that part of the country if they think you people really believe some of the things you're writing . By the way , are you guys selling tickets to a football game or a track meet ? I shouldn't have said that I guess but it's not any worse than some of the things you guys have been saying . Just remember , Betsy you started the trash talking. Lotta heart and won't quit ??????? We shall see !!!!!!!

We really dont care what you think :roflol:

Like Ive said before i think these are two very good teams and both teams have earned their place in the playoffs. This old grandpa has seen alot of football games and never have i seen a parent or fan go on the the field and win a game. Im looking forward to a great game friday night remember what happened last week,early season, or last year will not matter only the score friday night. I know the seniors from betsy will leave it all on the field and be ready to play like the champions they are. GOOD LUCK CYCLONES

Elizabethton will pull out all the stops against AE, Johnson County was only down 14-7 at the half and EHS in no Johnson County. Most of the senior kids have played together for 9 years and 10 years, there is no quit in them. I hope AE thinks about passing. EHS has the best pass D in the state. The CAK game showed that. The EHS D line is also fast and will string AE so far outside the sideline will be the 12th man. The first time one cuts up and is hit like EHS d-backs hit, they will think they were playing a team of Eric Berry's. It's going to be a great game but look for the score to be about the same as the Happy Valley Score.

Averaging 55 points against South Greene, West Greene, Cumberland Gap, Chuckey-Doak, and Grainger has helped their ppg average. Austin-East seems to be more run oriented than Greeneville. Throughout the season, Austin-East has developed an offensive scheme that is very hard to defend. The only thing that was missing midway through the season was the ability to get timely pass completions, but they have improved on that too. I don't see Elizabethton shutting down Austin-East's run game.

Austin-East will score more than 14 points on betsy.

A-E has lost to teams that were 6-6, 8-4, and 9-2, Elizabethton lost to two 10 win teams by 8 total points, had chances to win them both. Those mistakes helped bulid something AE does not have yet, maybe next year they will be the team, this year belongs to Cyclones, RTD.

Columbiablue,

You have made a lot of good points, it doesn't sound like the EHS fans have much to say other than their players won't quit and they played two close games with two decent teams (that they lost). Other than that they beat 7 typical upper east tn teams and the 1 6A team they beat was horrible.

Where's the love? By reading on these post some of the A-E fans seem to think that betsy should call them on Thurs and tell them not to show up because we shouldn't even be on the field with them (cause we play in NET, not as good as K-town, i guess). But i guess little 'ole betsy will have to play the game because T$$AA says we have to. It sounds like to me that some of these "posters" should realize that we dont laydown for no-one and that you will see. You will also see is an atmosphere like A-E has not seen this year, i just wonder if your young team will be able to handle such a hostle enviroment like they will see on Fri night. I've yet to read on this post (maybe i missed it) (because alot of them talk about their speed) about what A-E brings to the dance. Why should they beat us? What does A-E know about Betsy? One think i know is that Coach Witten will have a game plan to take advantage of our mismatches and explot A-E weakness. Like i said in my eariler post it will be a great ballgame but betsy will win by 6pts. Good luck to you in your travel to "cow town".

RoadRunner1 yes we are playing a football game and you will know that on the opening kick off when you say "Gosh Coach they hit hard and run even harder"

GO CYCLONES!!!!

R T D

You're right. This game won't have anything to do with scheme, preparation, or talent... just "HEART." I guess this is the first year that Elizabethton has "wanted it the most." I guess Austin-East is out of luck because this year Elizabethton wants to win really bad. I'm sure that Greeneville (in 2008), Daniel Boone (in 2005), Tennessee (in 2004), Cherokee (in 2003), and Morristown West (in 2002) all appreciate the fact that those teams did not "want it the most."

I honestly think AUSTIN-EAST and ELIZABETHTON are both good football teams as for HEART I have watched these seniors play together their entire life they wont quit they have heart. I think both teams have talent if heart doesnt win games and all it takes is talent what wins when they call the winner of a game the under dog. I hope for an injury free game for both teams and good sportsmanship.

I didn't say that talent alone wins games; I was just making the point that "HEART" alone doesn't win games either. You say that these seniors have heart and won't quit. If that alone wins games, then Elizabethton would be undefeated. Both teams will want to win on Friday. The team that executes the best and makes fewer mistakes on offense, defense, and special teams will win.

You're exactly right the team that plays best with fewest mistakes wins the game, by the way i was at the scrimmage a couple years ago and austin-east did have an excellent team, im sure their not going to come to elizabethton and lay down, but the fact is the only thing that kills me is listening to k-town thinking if you dont live and play there then your not on the same level. I think this game will put an end to that but you have people who want to dig up old scores from the past so i guess even though we only live a little over an hour from k-town were not the same level. I hope everyone coming from there to the game friday night keeps thinking that.

Austin East has alws thought they were better than every one else i say this from experience i attended there 30 years ago and nothing has changed much from what i have read

But they better have their helments stapped on real tight because the cyclones are are ready to bring a state championship home to E Tn

So good luck to both teams

GO CYCLONES