Opening at Siegel?

warhawks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sort of stunned on this hire. You have a chance to hire a guy who won back to back state championships in his first two yrs as a head coach.....and you go with a guy who has an unproven record as a head coach? One who has only been a coordinator 2 yrs? Now before I am accused of being a hater....does anyone see the logic in this hire? I mean didn't he learn from Watson not having experience as a head coach? That the most consistent remark that I heard from current football parents.......hope he hires someone that has already proven that they can win!

Now if I am wrong about this next fall....I will be the FIRST one to come on this forum and admit it.

This will be interesting to say the least. Hope his hide is tough. Some of these seegull folk are mighty cruel.

2P I completely agree with you, stunned is the right word. Creasy has done absolutely nothing but win in his two years as a head coach, I mean two straight state titles in his only two years as a hc? How can anyone be more qualified? Please don't take this as a shot at Coach Wyant, I wish him luck. It just seems like if its the same offense and defensive scheme, where's the change? Why get rid of the last coach? Good luck to Coach Wyant but I am absolutely stunned. And 2P, I will gladly eat crow with you if he proves me wrong. Maybe he will

2P I completely agree with you, stunned is the right word. Creasy has done absolutely nothing but win in his two years as a head coach, I mean two straight state titles in his only two years as a hc? How can anyone be more qualified? Please don't take this as a shot at Coach Wyant, I wish him luck. It just seems like if its the same offense and defensive scheme, where's the change? Why get rid of the last coach? Good luck to Coach Wyant but I am absolutely stunned. And 2P, I will gladly eat crow with you if he proves me wrong. Maybe he will

Do any of you remember this statement "A gold ball cannot be won at the highest level in TN running the Wing-T". The Rutherford County Anti-Wing-T Legion has achieved its goal!! I heard that the job would not go to a coach running that offense.................

Now if the Legion can get that dang Aydellott out of Riverdale; Rutherford Co. would be Wing-Free Zone :lol:

However, if you are a Creasy fan, but do not like the Wing!!..............the "chickens have come home to roost". So, the above statement of 2 titles in 2 years really means nothing BECAUSE, it was done with an offense; that would not be acceptable at SeeGull................according to the LEGION. (LOL)

I really think this is a bit ironic.............fellows!! You cannot have it both ways

I have never made a comment downing the wingt or Coach Aydelott. There are plenty of folk on here that will corroborate that fact. So...don't lump me in that category. My son played in the 98 state championship game against Hendersonville.....who RAN the wingt. Had we not beaten them that night your claim would be false....and a team would have won running the wingt. Trust me, that wasn't an easy win.

BTW...Creasy wasn't the only coach with head coach experience that applied either.

Great hire, well deserved for Wyant. This guy will pour countless hours into your program and plays to WIN. I certainly expect him to do so.

Think about if now until eternity you could only be hired with "experience." Well, before long nobody would be left with any "experience." I don't understand the criticism of this hire.

You hire the best guy for your situation, and Wyant already being in house and trusted and the school believing in his work ethic makes him the best candidate. I bet you can find plenty of people at his last 2 places of employment that wish they would have promoted him when the HC slot became vacant.

Experience? Creasy has two years of coaching "experience," not much in the way of years, but he does have two rings in that "experience." My argument was not to go for the most experience guy, my argument was who has won? Other candidates have had success as head coaches, and Coach Wyant may very well go 15-0 next year, we will see. And I said I would gladly come on here and eat a big ol' helping of crow if he proves my criticism of the hire wrong and I will.

On the wing-t issue. I would think that the fans of Siegel could care less what type of offense the coach ran, as long as they won. If it were me, I wouldn't care if they ran the wing-t, double wing, spread, single wing, or the freakin A-11 (illegal now) as long as I won ballgames. I know many on this board think the wing-t can't win at Tennessee's highest level, but it does at Georgia's highest level. It does at Florida's highest level. It does at California's highest level. It does at Texas' highest level....etc, etc. I don't know, maybe Tennessee has something in the water that prevents kids that go to a 6a school from succeeding running the wing-t, maybe they'll find that toxin someday.

Look, like I said before, I hope Coach Wyant does well. And he has certainly paid his dues as an assistant. But if it's going to be the same offensive scheme and the same defensive scheme, I fail to see where the change is. Why get rid of the last coach?

Experience? Creasy has two years of coaching "experience," not much in the way of years, but he does have two rings in that "experience." My argument was not to go for the most experience guy, my argument was who has won? Other candidates have had success as head coaches, and Coach Wyant may very well go 15-0 next year, we will see. And I said I would gladly come on here and eat a big ol' helping of crow if he proves my criticism of the hire wrong and I will.

On the wing-t issue. I would think that the fans of Siegel could care less what type of offense the coach ran, as long as they won. If it were me, I wouldn't care if they ran the wing-t, double wing, spread, single wing, or the freakin A-11 (illegal now) as long as I won ballgames. I know many on this board think the wing-t can't win at Tennessee's highest level, but it does at Georgia's highest level. It does at Florida's highest level. It does at California's highest level. It does at Texas' highest level....etc, etc. I don't know, maybe Tennessee has something in the water that prevents kids that go to a 6a school from succeeding running the wing-t, maybe they'll find that toxin someday.

Look, like I said before, I hope Coach Wyant does well. And he has certainly paid his dues as an assistant. But if it's going to be the same offensive scheme and the same defensive scheme, I fail to see where the change is. Why get rid of the last coach?

If you want to go on who has "won", last time I counted Coach Wyant had 5 rings....all at the highest classification. Not to take anything away from Coach Creasy, but he didn't really have to rebuild a program at TC. They were pretty good, if my memory is correct, before he got there.

Where did you hear that it was going to be the same offense? It will be the same defense obviously, but that was the strength of their team. I've only followed him for a year while he was at Smyrna, but he was well respected then, and has obviously done a good job at Siegel. I know Smyrna fans and Riverdale fans wish him well.

If you want to go on who has "won", last time I counted Coach Wyant had 5 rings....all at the highest classification. Not to take anything away from Coach Creasy, but he didn't really have to rebuild a program at TC. They were pretty good, if my memory is correct, before he got there.

Where did you hear that it was going to be the same offense? It will be the same defense obviously, but that was the strength of their team. I've only followed him for a year while he was at Smyrna, but he was well respected then, and has obviously done a good job at Siegel. I know Smyrna fans and Riverdale fans wish him well.

I will be honest I'm not sure of all the details of Coach Wyant's career. Was he a coordinator for any of those championships? And yes, Creasy did win his state championships at TC, a school steeped in tradition. But to say he just walked in and rolled a ball out there and they won state championships because they are so much better is assinine. Trousdale County record 2006 (7-5), 2007 (7-4), 2008 - Creasy's first year - (15-0 1A State Champions), 2009 Creasy's second year - (13-1 2A State Champions).

I don't know....I can just assume that the administration at Siegel know better than I do. Good luck to Coach Wyant.