Union City High School Football Field Voted #1 in America

uctfan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See For yourself....

http://www.ucturf.com/war.html

It looks really great! How do they afford the upkeep? Are they the only ones that use it? Did they get a grant or someone left them a lot of money or what? The paint itself ain't cheap.

The Turf Management is a department of the city..It's budgeted just like parks and recreation or police department or whatever....Got a fulltime crew of two with a few part-time workers...

I haven't see any pics linked anywhere of the inside of the multi-purpose building....The weight room, locker rooms, training room, meeting room and coaches offices are in a separate building in front of the multi-purpose building...

See For yourself....

http://www.ucturf.com/war.html

It looks really great! How do they afford the upkeep? Are they the only ones that use it? Did they get a grant or someone left them a lot of money or what? The paint itself ain't cheap.

The Turf Management is a department of the city..It's budgeted just like parks and recreation or police department or whatever....Got a fulltime crew of two with a few part-time workers...

I haven't see any pics linked anywhere of the inside of the multi-purpose building....The weight room, locker rooms, training room, meeting room and coaches offices are in a separate building in front of the multi-purpose building...

That's understandable when a place like Union City has a population of around 10,000. Waynesboro's is about 2,000. Not much of a budget so one of our four coaches mows our field and can usually get a few guys from the vocational school to help paint the lines. Thanks to a bunch of donations and hard work, we now have new visitors bleachers and a somewhat more level field.

wildcatpride70....For years that's how it was done at Union City...

Didn't UC used to be in 2A?

Yes and for a little while we played in 3A....We actually played at White House and at Portland in a couple of state playoff games....

When I played we had 650+ in the school....Now it's under 350....

Dang. Was another school built close by or something?

There are three schools in Obion County....Union City, South Fulton and Obion County...OC has more than 1000 kids in school (brand new building..not a new school)....There are two feeder schools to OC that are just outside the UC city limits...There are quite a few kids that live in UC that go to OC....I'm not sure there are very many UC kids that go to SF...

UC will be moving up in classification before long because the elementary and junior high is getting bigger...Won't be long before they move on up to UCHS...I doubt UC will ever be the size school it used to be but I can see 400-440 as an enrollment number before too long....