Rank Sumner County Football

breakawayspeed

As it stands at this point, I believe one of these four Sumner County schools has a legitimate shot to be in the finals each year, this year being Beech/Gallatin. Unfortunately they have to play one another.

I believe if TSSAA would separate the Beech Gallatin teams under this format they both would be in semi's. In my opinion... I think whoever wins friday's game will play and win the championship!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what county it is but Maryville and Alcoa, are in teh best football county in the state, if you do not agree, then that is your choice, how many titles in the last ten years have come from that county? a bunch, more than Rutherford, more than WIlliamson, more than Sumner.

Blount county the football capital of Tennesee ...!

You are talking about two schools, not the entire county and even in two different classes. I'm not disagreeing that they are superb, but I am still interested to see what it is like now that Maryville is in 6A. I'll not say they aren't good, they are. Even more, they have a great PROGRAM. I can assure you, however, that is is more difficult to come through all those Rutherford County schools than to beat ANY one team.

Just waiting to see if it's a little different for them...

Lost ol dad yeah when did gallatin last win the golden ball, and HHS twice at the big dance in 15 years- look at ravenwood a school 10 years old big dance 2 times INDY like 8 years old one time, check the record books how mAny times frankin or brentwood in 15 years... Now for the person whom said if they combined school think how good they would be same said for wilco schools take brentwood and ravenwoods ( brentwood city limits) frankli and chs franklin city limits

Point taken. I guess I was mainly considering the fact that Sumner County has 8 high schools within its borders. How many schools are in Williamson or Rutherford counties? We would all be put to shame if the city schools from Chattanooga, Nashville, or Memphis combined their schools. I will give the Franklin/Brentwood area teams credit, they have some great players, but we aren't too shabby up here north of Nashvile either.

I think the question could have several answers. If you are counting all 3A teams, 5A & 6A teams, probably third in the midstate, behind Rutherford and Williamson. But, if you isolate only 5A, they may be # 1 in the mid-state. They've certainly done a good job in this year's 5A playoffs. But, there are strong counties in both east and west TN, so it is hard to compare them with the state as a whole.

A couple of reasons that Sumner Schools have not been to the big game in several years.

1. Most of the teams are run oriented and have not adopted the wide open spread offenses and throw the ball around like say the Williamson County Schools or the teams in inner city Nashville.

2. The big schools (Hendersonville, Gallatin) until this year were always just barely 5A competing in the playoffs with say Williamson County Schools which have much larger enrollments (Franklin, Brentwood, etc.)

3. To be honest not as many athletes as say Rutherford County, Williamson County, etc.

4. Look at the number of D1 players that have came out of Sumner County in the last 5 years. I can't name any.

5. With all of that being said much better tradition and a better football atmosphere in Sumner County. Always too much drama in Williamson County, coaches either getting fired or about to get fired in all sports. Jeff Porter at White House, Bruce Hatfield at Hendersonville, Robert Lassiter at Gallatin, Anthony Crabtree at Beech are solid and are entrenched in their communities. I have been to playoff games at Franklin, seen Centennial, Franklin, and Independence play at Hendersonville and it does not have that same feel.

No ax to grind, just being honest.

A couple of reasons that Sumner Schools have not been to the big game in several years.

1. Most of the teams are run oriented and have not adopted the wide open spread offenses and throw the ball around like say the Williamson County Schools or the teams in inner city Nashville.

2. The big schools (Hendersonville, Gallatin) until this year were always just barely 5A competing in the playoffs with say Williamson County Schools which have much larger enrollments (Franklin, Brentwood, etc.)

3. To be honest not as many athletes as say Rutherford County, Williamson County, etc.

4. Look at the number of D1 players that have came out of Sumner County in the last 5 years. I can't name any.

5. With all of that being said much better tradition and a better football atmosphere in Sumner County. Always too much drama in Williamson County, coaches either getting fired or about to get fired in all sports. Jeff Porter at White House, Bruce Hatfield at Hendersonville, Robert Lassiter at Gallatin, Anthony Crabtree at Beech are solid and are entrenched in their communities. I have been to playoff games at Franklin, seen Centennial, Franklin, and Independence play at Hendersonville and it does not have that same feel.

No ax to grind, just being honest.

okay in response to your reply

#1 . Franklin does not throw the ball around at all and is 70/30 run to pass, they have been a running ball control team for the last 5 years -

Same can be said about Brentwood as they are a running team for the last 5 years, heck maybe longer since the Whitemore years -

INDY- they were a true spread offense unti this year they went wing t and made it too second round -Centenial was 80% run last year as a playoff team and has always been a running team always

Ravenwood, sure they use the spread but its all run option , with run first pass second

# 2 . Nonsense bigger enrollments - you were Hville and Gallatin were still in the same class as the WILCO boys, and if thats the case last year beech beat down HHS-Page a Wilco school last year ( 881 ) beat CHS a playoff team, in addition IHS this year 07 beat Gallatin and the bigger enrollment school FHS

2007/8 year

Gallatin-1397

Beech -1209

HHS-1432

SC-1075

Franklin 1800

CHS 1311

BHS 1479

IHS 1633

#3. I agree

#4. I agree

#5. Better tradtion and atmosphere what are you smoking, i have seen the stands half full at Beech and HHS games this year, i will grant you the green wave have tradition and loyal fan base but have you been to the WILCO schools during game day, packed houses , tailgating that ranks up with anywhere.

Your coaches entrentched in the community-crabs lives in Dickson county what has he done for the local people at Beech- dont you think that all the coaches at WILCO get up and about in their areas as well / well I hate to inform you they do...

getting fired is part of the game if you cant win-

FYI- CHS and INDY never have played HHS

It has been a disappointment to see the stands half full at Beech and Hendersonville. I hope it's not a new trend here.

There was a time not too long ago where, in a 5-year period, Beech had 3 different HCs. Hopefully, Mr. Crabs gets to stay put for awhile. Beech's program started being successful because the feeder school with "The Legend of Long Hollow" finally has gotten with the program to develop their middle school players so they have some sort of clue of what high school football is about. White House and Gallatin have had killer programs where their feeder schools are all on the same page. Williamson County has a coach feeder program with the Titans residing there. Great coaches developing players to the best of their ability is nothing but a formula for success in a program. :thumb: