Hey Campbelle

Stokomo

I have tried to convince our coach to schedule Greenville, Science Hill, Austin East, Kingsport, Elizabethton, but there are reasons why he can't. First, these schools have nothing to gain from this matchup. Second, Coach Johnson is in a difficult situation following 4 consecutive state tourneys and and average of 29 wins per season over this time. I personally believe that playing the best brings out the best come tournament time and coaches are to concerned about their won and loss record during the regular season. However, I understand that my head is not the one on the chop block. I think the Rocky, Vince matchup would be very interesting. I think that Rocky is the most fundamental post guy that I have ever had the pleasure of watching in high school. Rocky is only 6-4 plus, but has Kevin McHale like moves and has never been stopped. We went down to Alabama last year to play in a Christmas Tourney and he dominated the big post guys and averaged 30 points against great competition. Mountain Brook, Shelbyville, and another Alabama team with a 6-8 post guy who is a prospect. I guess that most college coaches look at him and say he is too small. (Wrong) Rocky is a hard worker, strong as an ox and a true leader with tremendous heart. He can play the four at the next level. Thanks Stokomo for all you do for the kids in East Tennessee. Good luck and May God Bless.

Rocky is only 6-4 plus, but has Kevin McHale like moves and has never been stopped.

Uh, Campbelle. You remember the Rutledge game at Sneedville last year...

Two words...Chase McBee. Tony even said it himself

"He (McBee) made Rocky look like a little freshman."

:rolleyes:

They had some good battles and overall, you'd have to give Rocky the advantage (esp. with Brad Seal and Mike Matthews along side).

Posted by KevB1990:

Rocky is only 6-4 plus, but has Kevin McHale like moves and has never been stopped.

Yes, I remember that Rocky had the flu and was not even close to being himself. Kev, you seem to forget the 30 point performance Rocky had in a Hancock County win at Rutledge when he was 100%. You better go back to writing articles and rely on someone else for game analysis. I do agree that Chase was avery good player and Singleton is something special if he continues to improve.

They had some good battles and overall, you'd have to give Rocky the advantage (esp. with Brad Seal and Mike Matthews along side).

Posted by Campbelle2:
Posted by KevB1990:

Yes, I remember that Rocky had the flu and was not even close to being himself. Kev, you seem to forget the 30 point performance Rocky had in a Hancock County win at Rutledge when he was 100%. You better go back to writing articles and rely on someone else for game analysis. I do agree that Chase was avery good player and Singleton is something special if he continues to improve.

No I didn't forget the 28 point performance at Rutledge. Maybe you ought not say he's 'never' been stopped.

Funny, Tony didn't mention that he was sick when he got interviewed the best I remember.

I'll continue to do my own analysis thank you very much.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-21-02 5:49P]