Top MS Programs?

pantheon

West Tn runs its middle school programs from Later Oct to late Dec. There are over 200 kids that wrestle. Sponsoring schools include Westside, CBHS, Germantown, Colllierville, Bolton, Houston, Ridgeway, MUS, Briarcrest, Harding, Memphis Catholic, Cordova, Bartlett and others. It has grown significantly over hte last five years. They are all USAWrestling sponsored clubs. We hold duals and 4 or 5 tournaments.

Our best program is usually Collierville. They have strong numbers every year and some good kids.

[Edited by luchador on 9-21-02 8:20A]

Posted by pantheon:

Well, since I've been surfing this forum I've not seen much on middle school programs, DI or DII.

What's in the stables, fellas? Who to watch in the coming years?

HVAC ( Harpeth Valley Athletic (Conference) has a pretty strong program that feeds several area high schools. Teams include MBA, FRA, Grassland Middle, Brentwood Middle, CPA, BGA, Freedom Middle, Ensworth, Harding Academy, Page Middle, and Woodland Middle. Some kids to watch in the future who wrestled (or are wrestling) in this league -----this is by no means all , just some that I remember off the top of my head (and I am guessing at the spelling of some names):

Jesse Murphy---FRA, wrestled "up" with the FRA varsity last

season after the HVAC was over and was a state qualifier in Region 6 as an 8th grader

John Michael Simpson---- MBA, that's right, another Simpson, who dominated the 75 lb.lb weight class last year as a 7th grader

Kelly Felix-----Grassland, older brother was a state qualifier at Franklin last year---- also wrestled for Team Tennessee in a national meet for offseason programs held in Chattanooga this past spring (wrestling for the Future Champions Club in Franklin)

Kellen Holman----Brentwood Middle, when he was on the mat other kids stopped to watch

Joseph Pair, Page------Justin Hall, MBA-----Joseph Oddo, Grassland, are others that come to mind

Also, Nashville Catholic Wrestling has produced another Bateman----Aaron----who was terrific in the middle school last year at around 145, I think. He also wrestled for the 7th/8th grade Team Tennessee in the national meet in Chattanooga this past spring ( Aaron wrestled out of the Copperheads Wrestling Club run by former Overton/UTC star Chuck Bean). I saw the Team Tennessee match against the 7th/8th grade team from Michigan and Bateman dominated his Michigan counterpart----final was something like 10-2, I think.

Posted by BuckLateral:
Posted by pantheon:

Well, since I've been surfing this forum I've not seen much on middle school programs, DI or DII.

What's in the stables, fellas? Who to watch in the coming years?

HVAC ( Harpeth Valley Athletic (Conference) has a pretty strong program that feeds several area high schools. Teams include MBA, FRA, Grassland Middle, Brentwood Middle, CPA, BGA, Freedom Middle, Ensworth, Harding Academy, Page Middle, and Woodland Middle. Some kids to watch in the future who wrestled (or are wrestling) in this league -----this is by no means all , just some that I remember off the top of my head (and I am guessing at the spelling of some names):

Jesse Murphy---FRA, wrestled "up" with the FRA varsity last

season after the HVAC was over and was a state qualifier in Region 6 as an 8th grader

John Michael Simpson---- MBA, that's right, another Simpson, who dominated the 75 lb.lb weight class last year as a 7th grader

Kelly Felix-----Grassland, older brother was a state qualifier at Franklin last year---- also wrestled for Team Tennessee in a national meet for offseason programs held in Chattanooga this past spring (wrestling for the Future Champions Club in Franklin)

Kellen Holman----Brentwood Middle, when he was on the mat other kids stopped to watch

Joseph Pair, Page------Justin Hall, MBA-----Joseph Oddo, Grassland, are others that come to mind

Also, Nashville Catholic Wrestling has produced another Bateman----Aaron----who was terrific in the middle school last year at around 145, I think. He also wrestled for the 7th/8th grade Team Tennessee in the national meet in Chattanooga this past spring ( Aaron wrestled out of the Copperheads Wrestling Club run by former Overton/UTC star Chuck Bean). I saw the Team Tennessee match against the 7th/8th grade team from Michigan and Bateman dominated his Michigan counterpart----final was something like 10-2, I think.

Fantastic post, Buck. Informative, non-biased - ever thought about being a sports writer? ;)